PDA

View Full Version : Cathay priority check-in / bag drop

13Alpha
17th Nov 2010, 21:09
Quick question - hopefully someone in the know can help.

I'm flying LHR to Hong Kong with Cathay on Friday - I have a silver BA card so I'm entitled to use the business class check-in desk, but does this also apply to people I'm travelling with (Mrs 13Alpha and her sister) ?

From memory the bag drop queues at LHR T3 can be a bit lengthy...

Any help would be appreciated (I searched the Cathay and BA sites for answers without success).

13Alpha

13Alpha
3rd Dec 2010, 16:40
OK the answer to my own question was, yes it does apply to people you're travelling with as well.

Also, there were no queues at all for Cathay checkin, so maybe things have improved in that respect since 2009.

One thing which hasn't improved was the seat comfort on the flights - I can generally have a snooze on most aircraft seats but not on the Cathay "bum slides forward, back stays upright" model.

Actually in some other respects the Cathay service had deteriorated - food was poorer than before and the choices ran out rather quickly, and smiles from the cabin crew were a bit thinner on the ground than I remember. A shame. Perhaps we'll consider Virgin next year (I have given up on BA where I have a choice, sadly).

13Alpha