PDA

View Full Version : Help! Wanna start flying lessons - Where to start?

Charlie96
17th Nov 2010, 01:45
Hey all,

I am keen to sart flying lessons ASAP. I know nothing as so would appreciate some help... Any suggestions as to where to start and with whome?? I live in Melbourne so either AP would be fine... :p

Tankengine
17th Nov 2010, 02:21
GCV at Benalla.:ok:

Jack Ranga
17th Nov 2010, 03:37
Waiting...............................

maverick22
17th Nov 2010, 03:39
step 1. Use search function and look up "flying schools in melbourne"

Step 2. Use above information and go for a drive and have a look at the schools for yourself

zanzibar
17th Nov 2010, 08:59
Wanna start flying lessons - Where to start?

with proper spelling for when you get around to sending out CV's

ForkTailedDrKiller
17th Nov 2010, 09:05
Help! Wanna start flying lessons - Where to start?

An aerodrome?

Dr :8

Peter Fanelli
17th Nov 2010, 14:22
You see Charlie, the problem is pilots only do initial training once, in fact most training other than recurrent training is only done once.
So, any pilot who says that XXXXX flying school is the best to start out at has no freakin idea because they only did it once and they have nothing to compare it with unless they switched schools midstream.
Any pilot who is critical of any school is just confessing that they chose a school that wasn't a good fit for them, or maybe they're just an idiot who has no place being in the cockpit.
So really, these threads are useless and that's why they are frowned upon.
As others have suggested, get in your car go and checkout what's available at your location. Take a trial flight with each.
And finally,

YOU make the decision, if it's not working by all means try somewhere else.
But it's your choice.

YPJT
17th Nov 2010, 23:10
with proper spelling for when you get around to sending out CV's Yes zanzibar, when looking at a CV poor punctuation is never noticed is it? Such as sentences not started with a capital letter, concluded with a full stop or the good old grade 4 English failure of the apostrophe to indicate plural.

Jabawocky
17th Nov 2010, 23:21
Is Tail Wheel on holidays? :E

Been away on business since last Monday with limited internet access.

Tail Wheel

Charlie96
17th Nov 2010, 23:31
Thanks Peter,

I will definitely take your advices and will drive to the Airports and look at things. I really appreciate your feedback.

Much Ado
17th Nov 2010, 23:33
Try the yellow pages-let your fingers do the walking!

As PF says-there is are good reasons why we don't allow these kinds of threads.