PDA

View Full Version : Checking a bag at LGW for flight from LHR

faffod
16th Nov 2010, 07:49
We will be flying into Gatwick tomorrow, the 17th and staying in London until Sunday, 21st when we will fly BA from LHR to LAX. Would it be possible to check in one suitcase, which won't be needed in London, with BA at LGW for the Sunday flight from LHR? Life was much easier when we could fly into and out of Gatwick.

MIDLGW
16th Nov 2010, 08:35
The only answer to your question is no. Sorry. You'll need to keep the bags with you, even if you don't need them, due to terrorist threats. I'm not saying you're a terrorist, it's the policy.

Avitor
16th Nov 2010, 08:47
The only answer to your question is no. Sorry. You'll need to keep the bags with you, even if you don't need them, due to terrorist threats. I'm not saying you're a terrorist, it's the policy.

Thank goodness. :D

faffod
16th Nov 2010, 10:48
Thanks MIDLGW. That's what I thought, but I was hoping I was wrong.

HXdave
16th Nov 2010, 12:42
silly question, but exactly what did you think they were going to do with your bag once you had checked it in at gatwick, considering you were travelling from Heathrow?

Lord Bracken
16th Nov 2010, 12:47
Up until the late 1990s passengers directly transferring LGW-LHR or vice versa on a BA flight e.g. MAN-LGW/LHR-JFK or something would have their bags driven around the M25 in a BA luggage van, and the passengers would flash their onward boarding pass for free passage on the coach.

Both nice little bits of customer service sadly no longer with us.

Cymmon
16th Nov 2010, 15:39
Also the S-61N Heli-transfer!

Out Of Trim
20th Nov 2010, 11:35
There is still, maybe one possibility. The Excess Baggage Company have a storage facilty in all terminals at Gatwick and Heathrow. They X-ray your bag before accepting it for storage. They also have a shipping service.

Perhaps, they may be able to ship the item to their own left luggage office at Heathrow for you to collect before checking-in for your onward flight?

You would have to enquire with them directly. Might not be cheap though!

See Here (http://www.left-baggage.co.uk/services.php)