PDA

View Full Version : EK IAH LAX Layovers down to 26hrs from 49hrs

ssc3
15th Nov 2010, 13:05
Not sure if this is applicable to flight deck, however when looking on bidassist for cabin crew it appears the whole of december IAH and LAX 215 will be going down from 49hrs to 26hrs - except the last two days of the month.

To me this would appear to be lack of crew, however how could EK contemplate doing on such long flights when I hear the FAA isnt happy at at all with the 26hr JFK 203.

I will be getting a hairdryer and removing my US visa and flushing it down the toilet if i get one of those flights..what a joke of a company we are working for these days, they are begging for a hull loss the way things are going.

0215 1 DXB 08:20 1 LAX 12:50 16h 30m 777 Layover LAX 1d 1h 55m
0216 2 LAX 16:00 3 DXB 19:45 15h 45m 777

0211 1 DXB 09:30 1 IAH 15:55 16h 25m 777 Layover IAH 1d 1h 15m
0212 2 IAH 18:25 3 DXB 19:05 14h 40m 777

0213 1 DXB 02:45 1 IAH 09:05 16h 20m 777 Layover IAH 1d 1h 25m
0214 2 IAH 11:45 3 DXB 12:20 14h 35m 777

EGGW
15th Nov 2010, 14:12
Lots of pilots have been seen in LAX wearing the wristbands and using PDAs for the alertness tests. Most said their performance was definetely worse on the return leg :ok:

Maybe an error in the bid system, nothing on my DEC bid system. (Fdeck)

EGGW.

Alconguin Crusader
15th Nov 2010, 15:31
If you do indeed get one of these awful pairings on your limited layover time be sure to call the FAA and tell them what is going on. This will only change if we do the sqeeky wheel treatment. We can't act like typical Emirates pilots and just roll over and let the company get the best of us.

Orangewing
15th Nov 2010, 16:09
Spoke to a cc friend who did refresher training the other day, and they were told by a cc manager that LA and Houston are definitely going to 24hrs rest for the hosties (didn't mention flight crew) from december roster...:mad:

Marooned
15th Nov 2010, 16:45
If you do indeed get one of these awful pairings on your limited layover time be sure to call the FAA and tell them what is going on.

The FAA are here auditing the GCAA!

If they don't see here and now (or don't want to see) what is going on to make EK the profits it makes, don't expect any help when you cry to them in the US.

IXNAT
15th Nov 2010, 19:40
Now here's an interesting thought, for you holding an FAA license. When you fly in the US, why not send a NASA form for fatigue or whatever. You still have an FAA license and if anything should happen in the US, perhaps your FAA ticket could be in jeopordy. NASA forms are a free "vehicle" to report stuff to the FAA (excluding violations etc.). You of course are operating under the GCAA license, but hey, crazier things have happened. Probably nothing would or could happen to your ticket, but what do you have to lose by submitting the NASA's.

Kapitanleutnant
15th Nov 2010, 20:37
FAA has no jurisdiction on the crew rest requirements for foreign carriers.
I wish it was not true, but it is....

Secondly, a 24 hour layover is not illegal... although I too wish that was.

Lastly, I think the FAA visit here will sadly be just for show and nothing else.... kinda like when the Red Cross comes to visit prisoners in the POW camps and the prisoners say nothing out of fear for what will happen when the Red Cross (FAA) leaves the premises.

K

helen-damnation
15th Nov 2010, 21:21
http://www.gcaa.ae/en/rosi/pages/home.aspx

Effective January 1, 2010, GCAA Launched its safety incident reporting service, now you can submit ROSI online on GCAA website.

• Objective of the Reporting of Safety Incident (ROSI) is to provide timely and effective regulatory response through centralized reporting, technical inquiry or regulatory investigation when necessary and analysis of the data for safety promotion.

• As part of Safety Management System, data collected through ROSI will assist identifying hazards and associated risks in the air transportation system, which require short term or long-term corrective measures depending on the level of risks.

• As part of centralized safety incident reporting, ROSI shall replace existing ASR and MODR.

jackbauer
16th Nov 2010, 03:07
If you think the FAA can help or are any way better then read this.
Airlines Urge FAA to Drop `Onerous' Pilot-Rest Plans Amid Cost Concerns - Bloomberg (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-15/airlines-call-on-faa-to-withdraw-onerous-u-s-pilot-rest-plan.html)

a345xxx
16th Nov 2010, 03:31
The FAA can urge all they want but at the end of the day economics will prevail. More flights into the USA means more commerce which means more jobs and whatever else. Further more EK does employ a fair amount of US nationals don't want to rock the boat do they!

Schibulsky
16th Nov 2010, 03:56
To give you an idea what the FAA is doing in regards to working conditions, you should have a look at what the FAA did to the Air Traffic Controllers in '81.
It was and will always be a tool of the corporation controlled government, today more than ever...
And this was about working conditions provided BY THE FAA!!

Air Traffic Control Strike Web Page (http://www.stfrancis.edu/content/ba/ghkickul/stuwebs/btopics/works/atcstrike.htm)

trimotor
16th Nov 2010, 04:38
Might be news to some, but I'm reliably informed the GCAA audit by the FAA has been and gone, with no findings...

a345xxx
16th Nov 2010, 04:55
LOL!!!! :)

troff
16th Nov 2010, 17:25
FYI FD at EK are still 48-49+ hour L/O at IAH, SFO & LAX.
T