PDA

View Full Version : Job for the old fellas

mustman
15th Nov 2010, 08:00
Found a job on afap for those who did a bit of flying back in the 1930s-50s.

"Minimum 15 -20 hours on Tigermoth"

Seriously its 2010. Where are people going to get Tigermoth time from? Especially the new CPLs they are looking for.

Ultralights
15th Nov 2010, 08:07
Where are people going to get Tigermoth time from?
Camden.....

tinpis
15th Nov 2010, 08:46
Where a lot on this forum get theirs, MSFSX

Capt Fathom
15th Nov 2010, 08:51
Plenty of people out there with Tiger time..... Even me!

VH-XXX
15th Nov 2010, 09:44
The last guys that flew their Tigers ended up flying Citations and another the A320, so those Tigermoth hours if you have them could be a great career starter!

solowflyer
15th Nov 2010, 09:52
Would love to have a go in a moth just love those old planes

mustman
15th Nov 2010, 10:20
Guess I was wrong. The applications must be flooding in. Am I the only one without tiger moth time? :eek:

baron_beeza
15th Nov 2010, 10:45
I am amongst those with Tiger time in the logbook.
I spent a summer working with the Tiger Club in England but I had flown one before then anyway.

I think the kind of guy this company is seeking will certainly have it.

I can understand many of the newbies chasing the first job wondering, but many of them would have very little experience in anything anyway.

There will be a vast pool of CPL's out there, not all of them would have popped out of a sausage factory in the past few months.

Horses for courses.
Good luck to all...

Slasher
15th Nov 2010, 13:11
Minimum 15 -20 hours on Tigermoth

****! Just added up the logbook and I only got 12 hrs 56 mins PIC. :(

Any idea where that ad is? (cant find it anywhere on the Fed page). If someone could PM me with same it would be much appreciated and the favor not forgotten. If the employing mob take my dual time into account Im in the envelope!

This has REALLY made my day! I could certainley use a few months furlough from that damn puterised Airboos to do some REAL flying again AND get paid for it! :ok:

baron_beeza
15th Nov 2010, 13:24
15 NOVEMBER 2010

COMMERCIAL PILOT WANTED

Immediate Start. Located South East Melbourne.

Will require DAMP check and current DG course.

Minimum 15 -20 hours on Tigermoth and 5 hours on Cessna 200 series.

Must have Aerobatics endorsement.

Applicants must have above average flying skills and predominantly available on weekends. A strong work ethic and excellent communication skills necessary.

Applicants with above skills of minimums need only apply.

Please send resume to [email protected]

Australian Federation of Air Pilots - Pilot Jobs (http://www.afap.org.au/html/s02_article/article_view.asp?id=98&nav_cat_id=127&nav_top_id=73&dsb=1049)

Slasher
15th Nov 2010, 13:31
Yer a bloodey bewdey bottler Baron beez! You and Mustman got yerselves an ID90 anytime you want it (I'll pay the rem 10%)!

Im emailing as I write.....

I can ticks in all the boxes but may need an aero renewal.

Just praying theyll include my dual time (fingers crossed) :\

Hells bells Im like a bloodey kid let out of school early! No sleep for me tonight! :)

baron_beeza
15th Nov 2010, 13:38
Seriously its 2010. Where are people going to get Tigermoth time from? Especially the new CPLs they are looking for.

Sorry to do this to you Mustman. I have only read the advert for the first time a few minutes ago.

I am reading between the lines in the advert and can not see where they are targeting new CPL holders.
The way I am seeing it I feel they are actually seeking the opposite. I reckon a more mature chap with a little experience behind him and who wants to do a little flying to keep things ticking over would stand more of a chance.

I just think they have written the advert to try and exclude replies from wannabes and the likes.

I am sure that they will still be wading through replies that will be a million miles away from the character they are seeking. A shame really, I am equally sure there will be a number of good applicants in the pool also.
Could be a good interesting job.
A few of the oldtimers here may be buying you a beer for drawing their attention to it.
Cheers >> :ok:

mustman
15th Nov 2010, 22:36
I must have read it a bit quickly also. Was thinking that it was from the guys at Tiger Moth World who seem to be after newbies and advertise every 3 months.

VH-XXX
16th Nov 2010, 00:33
I'm just recalling some of the covering letter's I've seen for similar positions that they are likely to see surface again:

- I reluctantly don't have Tigermoth time but I can get a tailwheel endorsement at Peter Bini's as they have a Citabria. From there it will be an easy conversion to the Tigermoth

- I don't have an aerobatic rating but I know others that do and it's an easy endorsement to get

- I don't have C210 time but I've flown extensively in a 172 for 80 hours during my CPL training. They are a similar aircraft in many ways.

My favourite:

- I don't have a C208 endorsement but I've seen Caravan's taxi past at Bankstown so I know they have them here so I can get one if required

Slasher
16th Nov 2010, 04:17
Couple of Pruners PMd why Id want to swap from a modern A321 to a ancient DH82 for a few months.

Well, I suppose this is would best describe it - :\

SlDljvcqsxg

"The love of flight does not exist in a pilot's mind, but in his heart." - Unknown

baron_beeza
16th Nov 2010, 04:30
Now come on XXX.

You saw the minimum requirements, - we all know a prospective will need to have at least two out of your first three statements.

Have you flown a yellow plane before ? ........ that may be a help also.

Or, I have done 30 hours training flying out of both Tyabb and Moorrabin so know the airspace in the area well.

We can laugh..... I suspect there will be some crackers already in the post.

I have worked for a few entry level RPT operators and got to see many of the applications. Mainly because the Chief Pilot assumed the applicant and myself had crossed paths. Hmmmmmm.
Some humdingers about, that is for sure.

Good luck Slasher, I hope it all works out for you.
It has been a while since my last ID90.....

Mr.Buzzy
16th Nov 2010, 05:33
Stay in your precious jets and let a newby have a go.:ok::ok:

bbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

CHAIRMAN
16th Nov 2010, 10:08
I saw the ad in the Trader and the job is in the Whitsundays.....................and I meet the min requirements:ok:

Kharon
16th Nov 2010, 10:51
Raise you 60 +Tigers +100 Ryan, 250 Mustang and a fair bit of Be18.

Let the kids have some fun.

Bloody goggles, turbulence, not a pot to piss in, upside down half the day (and some nights) Sod that, press button son. Hey presto coffee arrives. Love it.

startingout
16th Nov 2010, 19:45
Chairman, the ad states south east melbourne - ie Tooradin where the company is based. Or are you talking about another job that has come up with BOJ from Shute?

CHAIRMAN
17th Nov 2010, 12:10
Must be 2 ads - the one I read in the Aviation Trader this month is: Casual Tiger Moth Pilot (aren't we all!) for the Whitsundays. Must have 50hrs on type and aerobatic endorsement.
[email protected].
BTW, I'm not applying, so the field is wide open:sad: