PDA

View Full Version : The US can, Now Russia Can, Why cant we?

Ultralights
15th Nov 2010, 06:18
the USA can get airspace usage right, and create a massive thriving industry, and the Russian now will have the same, why is it so hard in OZ? with the best flying weather and flight friendly terrain on the planet. :confused:

Russian private pilots get new freedom - National Airlines/Airport | Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/airlines-airport-in-national/russian-private-pilots-get-new-freedom)

Starting on November 1, the skies above Russia will be divided into 3 classes: A, C and G. Altitude for flights is set for each one of these classes. Altitude below 9,842 feet, or 3,000 metres, is reserved for light aircraft, and assigned to Class G air space.

"Aircraft operating under Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) will not operate in Class G airspace, except to airports where there is an instrument approach. Visual Flight Rules (VFR) aircraft can operate in Class G airspace."

"With Russia's vast distances, a population of 147 million spread over 11 time zones, general aviation is a logical successor and supplement to road and rail travel.

General aviation aircraft offer cost-effective solutions to the transport problems of remote Siberian cities and towns. Smaller, general aviation aircraft offer users economies of time and place.

I can see the similarities, and needs, yet with differing policy, i can see nothing but cost and doom for Oz, yet the future seams very bright for Russian GA....

KittyKatKaper
15th Nov 2010, 09:10
Well, they got one thing right, no class E !

Apart from that, it was a weird article to me.

It implies that there are 147 million (wannabee) PICs in Russia, yet it admits that the number of licenced private pilots is low ! (journalistic hyperbole, where would we be without it ?)
Then there was the '3 days notice before takeoff' requirement. (didn't the soviet system collapse yonks ago ?)
No mention at all of the extents and locations of the class-C zones.

It also didn't boost my impression of the USA system when the referenced Florida International University (sic) stated that in Class G airspace
... IFR aircraft will not operate in Class G airspace but a footnote from 'IFR magazine' had to be added to explain the reality of class-G.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
15th Nov 2010, 10:34
In answer to yr original question Mr Ultra.........

'Cause we've got the PATIENTS in charge of the ASYLUM!!.......:ugh::ugh::ugh:

That's about IT in a nutshell........:yuk::yuk::yuk:

Fly safe girls and boys....:ok:

And, it all started with a man with delusions......a looong time ago...now!!

Cheers:ok::ok:

Peter Fanelli
15th Nov 2010, 11:24
US pilots have freedom to fly as long as you're nowhere near the Jihadist in Chief.

fencehopper
15th Nov 2010, 19:44
Bet the Russkies did not take 22 years and 300million to set this up.

Jack Ranga
16th Nov 2010, 00:23
I didn't read the article (coz I couldn't be arsed) but you can't operate IFR below 10,000ft? Pretty severe restriction eh? You're not going anywhere in a lighty if there's a bit of cloud around or an approach is needed?

Ultralights, there are a whole new breed of empire builders in Australian aviation. The more complicated the better. On the other side you have ONE person who yields more influence than Hitler ever did, fighting them.

Good luck with your un-complicated airspace :ok: