PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh, some lovely memories......

Fliegenmong
14th Nov 2010, 11:09
Out of the embers of the iconic TAA, came Australian Airlines,...eventually the Rat swallowed it.....but for happy memories..........

YouTube - You Should See Us Now Australian Airlines Ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCCNdlfPIMg)

&

YouTube - TAA Ad 1985 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN3tVpX0Mco)

Tell it to the younguns' of today...they'd never beleifve yaaa........

Real Shame.......Real Shame...................
:{

frigatebird
14th Nov 2010, 19:39
Was never particularly impressed by the tail-low hopping kangaroo logo put on Australian aircraft after the re-branding. Always looked 'pedestrian'.. That's not to infer anything against the Airline or Kangaroos though, have seen plenty of kangaroos use that low-energy gait to eat up the distance out in the real world. Just that I would prefer the tail-high logo of the roo in full flight. The old Qantas logo that had wings on the roo would make me think of Mercury - Messenger of the Gods....
Not that I ever flew for them directly, (apart from the Air Pacific shareholding) just carried the connecting passengers..

Aye Ess
16th Nov 2010, 02:21
Indeed quite nostalgic to us baby boomers. If anyone has a spare few hours,just go to 'you tube' & search Ansett,TAA & Qantas. Many of the old ads and promotional videos are featured. It's great to relive the old moments.

Jober.as.a.Sudge
16th Nov 2010, 02:44
It's great to relive the old moments...

Dunno.

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be...

Mr.Buzzy
16th Nov 2010, 05:54
Yes from an era where airlines and their advertisements were about frontline staff and smiling passengers.

Sad really......

bbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Aye Ess
16th Nov 2010, 07:43
In a time when men wore suits & cabin baggage was a book & camera. The ladies dressed in their best outfit complete with pearls.Cabin baggage was a beauty case & a Woman's Weekly.

Now thongs,boardshorts & as much carry on as possible...... "But I always carry this much on board & never been pulled up before"