PDA

View Full Version : Etihad Dec A320

QAR
12th Nov 2010, 16:30
does anyone knows when will Etihad start their DEC 320 back again?

Why did they stop this DEC in the 1st place?

Olympian
14th Nov 2010, 14:44
According to my info DEC hiring is a fact for EY at the moment. They are calling about 20 Captains interviewed the previous months...

CRUIZE
14th Nov 2010, 17:57
All GCC airline will be forced to take DEC within a year time. guess you start getting use to it. shortage of pilots already hitting airliners now as we read, what about next year with all those expansions ?

quack
15th Nov 2010, 00:59
....and all those resignations.......

inciter
15th Nov 2010, 04:44
“All GCC airline will be forced to take DEC within a year time”

Pilot shortage looming, maybe but we are not talking about a couple of new start ups here.

Emirates and Etihad would have around 1500 and 500 FOs respectively. Of those at least half would meet their company’s internal upgrade criteria, have a couple of years service and a proven track record within the company.

I can not see captains leaving Lufthansa, Air France/KLM, Cathay and the likes to join this lot.
For every one 8000hr DEC with dubious background experience and ability, there would be five 2000hr FOs out there that could be given the opportunity to prove themselves over the next couple of years.

The day I see a seniority list with no FOs meeting upgrade criteria is the day I consent to DECs.

They are in the big leagues now and it’s about time they started acting accordingly.
When was the last time any of the above mentioned airlines recruited DECs?
They all have had to endure the cyclic nature of this industry and have been some of the most profitable ever.

CanadaRocks
15th Nov 2010, 07:15
A FO makes $10.90US/hr when working on a day off. A captain makes $13.62/hr.

If that's what you are worth, keep working on your day's off :confused: