PDA

View Full Version : Any P750XL Pilots out there

DeathStar-Alpha
11th Nov 2010, 00:42
Any fellas out there with heaps of XL time and strip experience?

There's a company I know of that may be looking for a few drivers, but I'm not sure there is that many given the relatively short time the XL's been around.

PNG is really all I can think of.

Jack Ranga
11th Nov 2010, 03:08
I've got a fair bit of XL time, last tax return $174,000:00 + super. They'll have to match or better that to get me though. Goes without saying that accomodation and lioving expenses on top of that if it's in an isolated location.

Jober.as.a.Sudge
11th Nov 2010, 03:30
There's a company I know of that may be looking for a few drivers...

Any more info available DS-A? A bit tough to make a call on whether or not one may be interested with what little info you have out there at the moment! Would appreciate whatever further you may have... by PM if necessary!

DeathStar-Alpha
11th Nov 2010, 04:20
I've got a fair bit of XL time, last tax return $174,000:00 + super. They'll have to match or better that to get me though. Goes without saying that accomodation and lioving expenses on top of that if it's in an isolated location.

On that pay, why would you want to leave?! Goodluck to you! :ok:

Any more info available DS-A?

It's all flying in the Himalayas, hence the strip flying exp. needed. Operating at high altitude strips is of course a bonus but realistically not many chaps out there have that. PNG pilots might be the closest to it.

To cut a long story short. The local pilots aren't up to scratch and the possibility of getting an ex pat crew may arise. If it does it would be good to know if it's even possible.

But yeah plenty of XL time(750hrs+), strip flying, mountain flying. And only good buggers!

If you want by all means flick me a PM with your details

MadMadMike
11th Nov 2010, 05:05
You've got a PM, got the hours and experience your looking for :ok:

Jack Ranga
11th Nov 2010, 05:32
On that pay, why would you want to leave?!

I don't, that's why it would have to be better :E

It's all flying in the Himalayas

That's fairly isolated! Nup, don't think they could afford me :cool:

DeathStar-Alpha
19th Nov 2010, 11:06
They're proving quite elusive these XL pilots.

How bout any qualified engineers on the XL, many of them about? There is Flight care in Napier who know more than most when it comes to maintaining these a/c. But I dont think they give up their engineers full time...

lk978
19th Nov 2010, 11:38
mate,

with 500 hours on a 750 xl... they have either taken another job or shot themselves.

There are a few guys getting around, might pay to check out a few of the parachute operators.

DeathStar-Alpha
20th Nov 2010, 00:27
haha not much of an XL fan i gather

we arent really after the interim type pilots with airliner aspirations. shes more suited to those that like the hands on flying into the sticks and all that jibber jabber.

Need to find out where all the young LAME's hang out. see if theyre keen also...

Sqwark2000
20th Nov 2010, 19:33
young LAME's

Ha! Classic! young LAME's..... :D

Super Cecil
20th Nov 2010, 19:49
we arent really after the interim type pilots with airliner aspirations. shes more suited to those that like the hands on flying into the sticks and all that jibber jabber.

Yoo mean stix rather than sticks? If yoo fly into sticks it makes all those little grooves in the leading edge.
What sort of dollars you talking about, could you compete with a resonable AG salary? There are a few dreamers round rekon they can get good pilots for nothing if they say it's "Lifestyle" and by "Rewarding" they don't mean monetary but edifying to the soul. ;)

Widewoodenwingswork
20th Nov 2010, 23:59
DSA, the problem you'll be facing is the fact that Australia is having the best ag season they've had for almost 10 years. It will have sucked a few Kiwis across the ditch and they are the primary users of the PAC as I understand.

The bottom line is, Cecil is right, you will have to compete with operations who are having a good ag season, and by the sounds of it, you won't be able to. I understand Fugro has just put the word out for short term contracts this summer, any old survey pilots worth having would be snapped up by them already.

As for LAME's, most maintenance outfits are busy as most aircraft in Australia are busy. It'd have to be a good wicket to get people to shift across. I'm guessing somewhere along the lines of $100k plus benefits for a fully licenced guy for a 28 on, 28 off roster.

When you get closer to confirming, let us all know some figures.

Captain Nomad
21st Nov 2010, 01:57
DeathStar, you have the right machine for the job. It may not be the most 'pilot comfy' ship but it will work hard in that environment like precious little else will.

As for:
with 500 hours on a 750 xl... they have either taken another job or shot themselves.

I guess I'm in the former category but all the best with your personnel hunting. Pacific Aerospace could put you in touch with some established operators and LAME's, some whom might be willing to provide some 'field experience' feedback and insights.

DeathStar-Alpha
6th Dec 2010, 15:44
Nah couldn't come close to the AG salary. I'd be a very happy man if that was the case!

I gues I'd compare the job to the likes of them in PNG and there abouts. As is usual, the pay is dependent on your exp. but should be the same as most of the companies running around (in PNG and the like, not AG).

Cheers

Super Cecil
6th Dec 2010, 18:50
I gues I'd compare the job to the likes of them in PNG

Flying for Geezuz and very little else?

DeathStar-Alpha
7th Dec 2010, 09:42
Flying for Geezuz and very little else?

Haha, seems I mistakenly thought they were on alright coin? My bad. You can fly for ganesh or buddha if you feel the urge, your pay stays the same though.

Well roughly $4000USD per month tax free, a couple of weeks off every couple of months, flights + food + accom and all that sort of stuff paid for.

Sure there's heaps of fellas who find this too little. But there's also some that would find this a marked increase in salary. Found a couple fellas so far, just needa get the fuso to give the go ahead..

Jack Ranga
7th Dec 2010, 11:31
Mate, you might have to pay in Australian dollars soon :D

kiwiflyingfan
28th Mar 2011, 06:53
Young lames do exist, im 22yo with a nzcpl to boot