PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Aerodynamics & Aircraft Systems

Cessna 180
9th Nov 2010, 04:24
Good Afternoon.

Am sitting this exam soon and was wondering if anyone who has recently sat it has any info as to whether it is weighted in any particular area?

Ta

NZScion
9th Nov 2010, 06:16
Yeah its a pretty heavy exam :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, know the material, pass the exam. It's one of the ones where you read the question, and either know the answer, or not.

You only get out what you put in.

JCJ
9th Nov 2010, 09:26
A few of us all did the exam together, and we all had very different questions, some got a number on A/C, others on engines and some on A/P. So as the NZScion said, know your stuff.

Howard Hughes
9th Nov 2010, 10:03
If you look at the ATPL exam handbook, (http://www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_assets/main/fcl/download/v2_2aeroplane.pdf) this is the one with the most reference texts (page 26)...:eek:

ReverseFlight
9th Nov 2010, 13:16
When I sat this exam many moons ago, I flunked all the automated pilot questions in the last section of the paper but luckily managed to scrape a pass with the rest intact. I think it is probably a bit much to ask a bare CPL without such experience to really understand what is going on.

With hindsight, I should have been reading a Boeing FCOM or Stephen Casner's "The Modern Airline Cockpit". Even then, without current jet proficiency, many concepts would've been hard to grasp for a novice.

flyin fijian
1st Sep 2016, 03:30
i,ve come across a question for my first sitting....the question is base on a position of elevator of a tricycle aicraft in a climb..the choices are A...up, B...down,C..same