PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Aptitude Testing (PATS)

eagle206
8th Nov 2010, 04:45
Hi guys and girls

I am considering this course in Australia to prepare me for the initial stages of the recruitment process.

I am keen to hear the feedback from anyone who has completed this course. In particular information relating to the usefulness and relevance of the course, along with value for money.

Any feedback appreciated.

Cheers
Eagle 206

JCJ
8th Nov 2010, 07:03
I think the content is fairly useful in a "general" sense. As with most providers they claim to have the "inside" knowledge of QF or VB recruitment. Not so sure about how up to date it is. Also, it is only about the testing airlines do, nothing about the application process, interview technique etc.

IMHO it is not worth the coin. A bit of research and homework will net the same result.

Mr. Hat
8th Nov 2010, 07:03
Which process Eagle?

Personally I don't think its worth it for Jetstar. You can get thru quite easily without it. QF/CX is another story.

JohnnyK
8th Nov 2010, 07:09
Mate,

Save your money. I dont know what they charge now but when I was looking around it was in the vicinity of $3-4000 AUD for a 2 day course which should be a warning in itself. Google SHL literacy and numeracy tests and have a go at them to get an idea of what you will be tested on.Once you have got an idea of what expected look further on the net for similiar style resources. A day spent going over ratios, percentages and other fairly basic high school math should take care of the numeracy. The literacy is a little more difficult to improve if yours is marginal. If you can read a paragraph from a reasonably sophisticated newspaper/magazine(Newsweek or the Economist is good)article then regurgitate a few facts and implications derived from it, or recognize a statement regarding that article as false then your on your way. Finally, you should only start worrying about all this once you have actually been told by Jetstar/Qlink etc that you will need to do one. You need to study for it in the preceeding days leading up to it. Doing it before you actually need to is wasted time and energy.At least, that what I reckon.