PDA

View Full Version : I love Dubai because...

Ghost_Rider737
6th Nov 2010, 13:01
luxury cars are affordable:cool:

atuk
6th Nov 2010, 13:05
No tax.. :E

MrMachfivepointfive
6th Nov 2010, 13:13
People in all shapes, colours and sizes manage NOT to kill each other. :cool:

Instant Hooligan
6th Nov 2010, 13:29
after being charged salik I get to use all 7 lanes of SZR in quick succession, to make the exit I nearly missed, without using any indicators.

In my luxury car. ;););)

nolimitholdem
6th Nov 2010, 13:36
I love Dubai because people are so dumb they think there are no taxes...as they drive their luxury cars under the Salik gates.

*Salik is the electronic road toll, for those fortunate enough not to live in Dubai*

motojet
6th Nov 2010, 13:52
,,,Burger King has delivery:ooh:

pool
6th Nov 2010, 14:02
'cos beating your wife is perfectly legal, as long as you leave no marks.

skysod
6th Nov 2010, 14:46
Women know their place!:}

PositiveRate876
6th Nov 2010, 15:04
...I don't have to set my alarm for the 450AM wake up.

break_break
6th Nov 2010, 15:18
PositiveRate876 ...I don't have to set my alarm for the 450AM wake up
pool...'cos beating your wife is perfectly legal, as long as you leave no marks.

LOL..:D Haven't laughed so hard for so long.. Now I'm gonna have to put in some extra effort in not making a fool out of myself while making PA on my way to Dubai tomorrow. Great stuff!!

Sam Asama
6th Nov 2010, 15:33
because for the next 4 weeks DXB is 12,132 kms away!

lionoftheleft
6th Nov 2010, 16:08
I don't have to set my alarm for the 450AM wake up. LOL LMFAO LOL. Greast that is great one. I had a good day but this made it perfect:D:ok:

saviboy
6th Nov 2010, 16:41
"I love Dubai because people are so dumb they think there are no taxes...as they drive their luxury cars under the Salik gates."

I love Dubai. I meet a lot of guys who assume that everything will be handed over to them for free because they were promised a tax free SALARY.

:ugh:

puff m'call
6th Nov 2010, 17:46
I Dont!!!!

captainsmiffy
6th Nov 2010, 18:02
I love Dubai because ..........................................................wa it, i'm thinking.................................................... .....stil thinking..........i'll get back to you on this one............................................

Tony Mabelis
6th Nov 2010, 18:18
I used to love Dubai 1977-1989!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are now welcome to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kapitanleutnant
6th Nov 2010, 18:21
... because some day I'll be LEAVING this place.

K

Speedbrake Lever
6th Nov 2010, 18:32
Tony Mab

How right you are !

It was 3rd world then but at least it was happy and friendly

Now well ... 3rd .... no maybe 4th

and its miserable

But we;ll blame it all on the recession

Roll on the days of things that don't need Gasoline !! :ok:

S.L.

Kelvin757
6th Nov 2010, 19:00
..because i am not working there anymore

T O G A Boy
6th Nov 2010, 19:12
Cause they're trying to get from barbarism to decadency without any step in between.

superspotter
6th Nov 2010, 20:13
No, I'm struggling. Thought about it for ten minutes now.....

Dixons Cider
6th Nov 2010, 20:58
...because you can rack up $11,475 (yes you read it right) of speeding fines in 1 hour, and then pay to avoid having your vehicle confiscated because you "have special circumstances"

Oops hang on sorry, that only applies if you wear a sheet.

6th Nov 2010, 21:13
...at V2 :}

jackx123
6th Nov 2010, 22:11
..... because you can be kept under arrest indefinitely if some :mad::mad: says so

GoreTex
6th Nov 2010, 22:49
because I can go to jail anytime without having to go trough all the trouble and commit a crime

Panama Jack
6th Nov 2010, 23:21
. . . their Foreign Policy! :D

A summary in pictures.

http://www.anna.aero/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/emirates-planes-night.jpg Where do we dump these?

http://i1.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/250/draft_lens6010562module47254222photo_1248136173Wizard_of_Oz_ monkey.jpg I have a masterful scheme!

http://dummidumbwit.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/flying-monkeys3.jpg

http://www.lockley.net/images/mountie_STOP.gif (NO. . . you CAN'T have anything you want).

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/The-Wizard-of-Oz.jpg (ha ha ha ha ha. We'll see about that)

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/9436675/2/istockphoto_9436675-eviction-notice-form.jpg (it's only a Mirage)

http://www.thecoast.ca/images/blogimages/2010/02/12/1266026918-mountie.jpg (We don't negotiate with blackmailers or terrorists. Cyprus or Germany are probably better, more reliable places to be anyhow)

http://www.newagedentists.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/tantrum.jpg Nooooo!!!! Wrong ANSWER!!!!!!

http://fupaper.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/go-away.jpg October 11, 2010

http://www.orkutpoint.com/graphics/comments/whatever/whatever-4.jpg (If that's how they feel about it).

http://kevinrothermel.typepad.com/kevinrothermelcom/images/pixelscared.png We are not getting through to them!?!?!? How dare they!!!

And now:

New Visa Requirements for Canadians (http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/432991-new-visa-requirements-canadians.html)

We're not allowed to watch this on TV here:
http://www.eworldwire.com/mediauploads/27849_339345_1174431977.jpg
. . . So the UAE-Canada thing is the next best entertainment playing. . .

But remember!

http://instapunk.com/images/humiliation.jpg

Happiness is V1 in DXB!

skysod
7th Nov 2010, 04:11
because I no longer have to care about how many millions of pounds of the public's money the likes of Niel Kinnock, his family, and the rest of the MEPs, Commissioners etc (not to mention the UK MPs) are stealing year on year!!

Schibulsky
7th Nov 2010, 08:01
...because it's just a fading dusty memory of a place without a soul. :cool:

Tower Ranger
7th Nov 2010, 09:38
..... because it sorts out the people who can handle a different way of life from the moaners that can`t think outside the box.

sheikmyarse
7th Nov 2010, 10:58
outside the sand box?

Janu
7th Nov 2010, 11:25
'cause there are lots of new shiny airplanes to fly!

Schibulsky
7th Nov 2010, 15:28
...because it sorts out the people with principles and leave the place to whores who put up with everything for money....and then call it a way of life :ugh:

R6DXB
7th Nov 2010, 18:13
because I always get highly trained and motivated people within customer care if I have a problem with Etisalat or DEWA. They speak clear english and help me right away. Very customer minded and fair companies !:ok:

vickers vanguard
8th Nov 2010, 00:43
panama Jack...you rock dude ! that was funny......girls next door ! ha ha ha ...
the military folks must have been delighted by the move....can you imagine, going from the sandpit to Cyprus ? that's quite an upgrade.

wrightbrother
8th Nov 2010, 00:57
because even the luxury cars have blinking headlights and no indicator knob as standard equiptment!:D

MrMachfivepointfive
8th Nov 2010, 09:17
May I take it that you just outed yourself to be the guy who is welded to the sixth lane of Emirates Rd., doing 87.95kph?

145qrh
8th Nov 2010, 09:58
I can beat my wife,
beat my slave, sorry maid,
then drive like a pr@#$ in my
tax free missile, sorrry 4x4, but it's Ok because I'm a close personal friend of the sheik and Allah will see me right. :=

Ghost_Rider737
8th Nov 2010, 11:28
U guys are hillarious !:D

يا رفاق هي مضحك

MrMachfivepointfive
8th Nov 2010, 16:30
وأنا أتفق معها

Farrell
8th Nov 2010, 16:51
...cos I can get there in two hours, get all the stuff I need.....and then LEAVE back to MCT.

(The best of both worlds)

DHC6to8
8th Nov 2010, 17:02
because it shows me how uncultured and barbaric the UAE really is... it stands as an example of where not to live, vist or do business...
just my sentiments...
6to8

Cityliner
8th Nov 2010, 19:19
because I also like DisneyLand and like at Disney I can leave whenever I want to

Alconguin Crusader
9th Nov 2010, 10:52
I always wanted to live in a 3rd world police state where the rules are applied equally and the natives are civilized and polite.

mtogw
10th Nov 2010, 12:01
Because compared to living in Kabul as I do, it's the "Real World"

LHR Rain
11th Nov 2010, 05:22
It is a joy to work for such kind and benevloent dictators. They always honour your contract and take great pains to make sure you are happy and well rested.

Oldwoman
30th Nov 2010, 19:46
Oh my goodness...what a bunch of whingeing old gits.....why DON'T you all bugger off home then?:ugh:

troff
30th Nov 2010, 21:27
Hey, it's a living. Better than what I had: unemployment.
Don't like it? Go. Leave. Shoo. Out. Beat it. Be gone. Out, damn spot! :mad: off!

dxbpilot
1st Dec 2010, 10:25
Its not Belgium !!

Oldwoman
1st Dec 2010, 20:53
Finally some sense. Yes shoo! Go to the US and live off food stamps and postal service jobs on your days off. Then you can really forget about the luxury cars, the golf club, the yacht and the spa treatments to keep the wife looking young and gorgeous.

Schibulsky
2nd Dec 2010, 01:58
lots of the "sense" sounds like the hookers in DXB..."Yes, we got f:mad:d everyday but it's better than..." :E

Alconguin Crusader
3rd Dec 2010, 03:27
We see that the old broad is ready to be a EK manager with an attitude like his. If you don't like it leave. How many times have we heard that from an Emirates manager?
No wonder the middle east has no civil rights, human rights or dignity.
Old Women wishes he could live in the land of the free although he probably could not appreciate it after he spent his whole life in a police state and a 3rd world one at that.

new tomcat
3rd Dec 2010, 08:00
I love Dubai because;

I did not join Emirates. I would have aged 10 years and been poorer for it.

Uncle Wiggily
3rd Dec 2010, 11:20
'cause they are doing their best to resemble the fairy tale: "The Emperor has no Clothes."

dustyprops
5th Dec 2010, 05:46
Good one new tomcat;)

Mr.Bloggs
5th Dec 2010, 08:56
I love Dubai because:

I live in Wythenshawe.

I never thought I'd like it, but after having experienced a few months of life in Dubai, I can't see any benefits to living on an Arab-run building-site. (Apart from earning money, of course). With all its rough edges and garrulous inhabitants, I am amongst real people, with no threat of punishment or arrest for trivial misdemeanours. The food's great too!

So reading about Dubai here gives me a warm-fuzzy feeling! I don't have to live there!!!!

Anyone starting an AUH thread soon? My mates there seem a bit cheesed-off too.

dubaicrew
5th Dec 2010, 20:25
"We see that the old broad is ready to be a EK manager with an attitude like his. If you don't like it leave. How many times have we heard that from an Emirates manager?
No wonder the middle east has no civil rights, human rights or dignity.
Old Women wishes he could live in the land of the free although he probably could not appreciate it after he spent his whole life in a police state and a 3rd world one at that"

Errmm...you do have the right to leave dont you? Nobody is begging you to stay here.

UAE_Pilot
5th Dec 2010, 20:38
Guys

every one come from his country , he want their rules & laws apply in Dubai or in UAE

you are forgetting that it's a country by it's own

also most of the story you hear about it , it's from people has been kicked out o the country hahahahah

Smoozesailing
6th Dec 2010, 12:01
.... when I was down on my luck, flying bug smashers in the bush, they gave me the chance to fly big, shinny planes. They even gave me a command in them! Now I can get a respectable flying job anywhere in the world.

BYMONEK
6th Dec 2010, 17:37
Because........

1) Sheikmyarse doesn't live here anymore
2) Just spent a fab weekend watching some great rugby....with some booze thrown in!
3) I get to use the Barbie more than three times a year as in the UK.
4) My driving skills are enhanced...... but not through choice.
5) I can leave my front door open all day, unlike Mr Bloggs in Wythenshaw.
6) I can leave my car unlocked all day, unlike Mr Bloggs in Wythenshaw.
7) My wife and kids can go out at night, alone and without fear, unlike Mr Bloggs in Wythenshaw.
8) I am NOT living near rough people, unlike Mr Bloggs in Wythenshaw.
9) I don't have to say 'seasons greetings', unlike Mr Bloggs in Wythenshaw.
10) I can, and will, celebrate CHRISTMAS in a Muslim Country without upsetting the PC brigade who have taken over Wythenshaw and every other part of the UK.

Just don't ask me to sound this happy in August. :(

FlyingCroc
6th Dec 2010, 21:30
4) My driving skills are enhanced...... but not through choice.
5) I can leave my front door open all day, unlike Mr Bloggs in Wythenshaw.
6) I can leave my car unlocked all day, unlike Mr Bloggs in Wythenshaw.
7) My wife and kids can go out at night, alone and without fear, unlike Mr Bloggs in Wythenshaw.
8) I am NOT living near rough people, unlike Mr Bloggs in Wythenshaw.

:ugh:

Thunderpants
7th Dec 2010, 02:15
Because it's a gold plated Disney Land of smoke and mirrors, all built on the sand.:hmm:

As opposed to being the house built on the rock......and for those who don't geddit, maybe you should have paid more attention in Sunday School.

Cpt. Underpants
7th Dec 2010, 03:04
Thunderpants...

Great handle. Me likey.

dustyprops
7th Dec 2010, 04:25
...because it reminds me that when I go home, I won't be surrounded by people who feel they need to justify their existance in a place by starting gay arse threads like this one! :ugh:

skysod
7th Dec 2010, 08:25
I'm with you BYMONEK, spot on post!:D

Schibulsky
7th Dec 2010, 09:29
http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/429615-break-ins-ek-housing.html?highlight=villa+break

Yeah, spot on!!! :ugh::ugh::ugh:

NG_Kaptain
7th Dec 2010, 10:59
OK when does the Abu Dhabi post start?

David.Harmon
26th Dec 2010, 10:10
I love Dubai because I can honk my horn at terrible drivers as much as I want and it's perfectly normal. Where in America, I could get shot by other motorist for that!

moggiee
29th Dec 2010, 07:15
I love Dubai because after taking advantage of the facilities there I'm only just over an hour's drive from the (much nicer place) that is my home!

fractional
29th Dec 2010, 16:09
Dubai is still the best place to live in the GCC. You may add Muscat and Bahrain too at a lesser scale.
Bahrain has been for years quite a pleasant to be. It's a pity it's an island with Saudi the nearest land (causeway) connection. The causeway to Qatar will help little unless they build another causeway avoiding Saudi territory which the Saudis will never ever allow it.
And Muscat and its surroundings to the east and as far south as Salallah, is very family friendly.
Abu Dhabi is turning out to be another Dubai if you flash-back 15 to 20 years... Do you see similarities despite building away from the main island?

km5
29th Dec 2010, 17:48
I like Dubai because I can walk alone at 3am and no one will pull a knife and try to take my wallet..... well not yet anyway..

intheskies
30th Dec 2010, 21:36
because the sand in my shorts makes me happy

777w
30th Dec 2010, 23:41
BECAUSE IM IN SPAIN FOR NEW YEARS...lets hope for a less fatigued new year HAPPY NEW YEAR GENTLEMEN !

tr0jan
31st Dec 2010, 10:34
because it's a ****whole !

however it's good to save some money , take their money actually and f:mad: off.

it's the country where your origin is about everything , the first question people ask before they say hello is : what's your nationality ?

tax free ? yea right. calculate the rent you pay , the salik gates you pass , the speeding cameras, the living cost etc....

sunny ? yea right , the only 2 months you can actually live in this country are december and Jan. other months are always ridiculously hot , foggy and desert cold at nights.

arab culture? it's great specially when you get to know the locals :8 and the way they drive and think they're on top of the world. and plus they dont show off at all :8 and they don't beat their maids.

english spoken ? fluently , specially in Etisalat customer service and delivery restaurants :8. bear in mind to mention your building's name 8 times.

and yes , never trust a taxi driver to say he know where he is going.

all I can advise you guys is to save as much as you can for like 3 years at the most and then :mad: off . it's the best thing to do , living in a country with no soul depresses you over time.

thank you guys , i feel much better now :)

BYMONEK
31st Dec 2010, 12:28
Trojan

Only 2 months for outside fun eh? Are you for real? I think you need to venture outside a little more pal and you might then realise that the weather is somewhat different to your unrealistic forcast.

As for the taxes, have you thought of trying the slower back roads if you're that fussed about paying SALIK? You'll not only save the charge, but by driving slower, you might also save on those nasty self inflicted speeding fines. When you do eventually arrive home, you can also ask yourself why you choose to pay rent when the majority of us live in Company provided accommodation.....for free!

As for your last pearl of wisdom, staying for only 3 years and saving as much as you can, you expose yourself to be even more of a muppet than I first suspected. Not sure what salary you were hoping to do that on but 3 years demostrates an optimism that borders on total ignorance. Unless, that is, you intend retiring in Bangladesh.

You're not the brightest individual, are you! :hmm:

Jet II
31st Dec 2010, 12:55
english spoken ? fluently , specially in Etisalat customer service and delivery restaurants :8.

Do you expect English to be spoken fluently in every country you go to around the world? :confused:

tr0jan
1st Jan 2011, 09:02
BYMONEK

i am glad you're enjoying the desert mr brightest individual , have your tried posting on life advices.com ? honestly i don't understand why you're on this forum anyway , please use your pearl of wisdoms on each and every forum , don't waste it only on pprune :hmm: