PDA

View Full Version : CASA's FSA Mag wins top award

Dangly Bits
4th Nov 2010, 01:21
Australia has won a top award for international leadership in aviation safety communication and education.

The Civil Aviation Safety Authority's Flight Safety Australia magazine has taken out the 2010 international Flight Safety Foundation publication award.

Flight Safety Australia magazine been recognised by the Flight Safety Foundation for making an outstanding contribution to aviation safety awareness.

The prestigious award, which has a 30 year history, was presented to the editor of Flight Safety Australia magazine, Margo Marchbank, this week.

The presentation was made at the Flight Safety Foundation's International Air Safety Seminar in Italy.

The Flight Safety Foundation is an independent, non-profit international organisation with a membership across 150 nations.

It identifies aviation safety issues, fosters safety debates, conducts research and education and carries out safety audits.

CASA's Director of Aviation Safety, John McCormick, said the award was testimony to the leading role Australia plays in international aviation.

"Flight Safety Australia magazine is respected not just by people in Australian aviation but by people involved in air safety across the world," Mr McCormick said.

"It reflects the leadership Australia demonstrates in international aviation safety in many areas and the commitment we have to striving for the highest safety outcomes.

"CASA is proud of Flight Safety Australia magazine and we are very proud of this award from the Flight Safety Foundation.

"Congratulations to the editor, Margo Marchbank, and her team."

Pinky the pilot
4th Nov 2010, 01:25
It's not April 1st....is it?:confused:

FSA?? Not a patch on the old ASD!

Old Akro
4th Nov 2010, 03:27
unfknblvbl

Obviously Women's Day didn't enter

Tidbinbilla
4th Nov 2010, 03:52
** (in the absence of any competing publications).

Or was it for the highest ratio of useless advertising:story content in any aviation publication?

tipsy2
4th Nov 2010, 04:02
Talk about FSF currying favour with one of its "supporters/sponsors"

I hope Ms Marchbank did NOT travel to Italy at our expence to receive this "award"

As for the screaming skulls fluffy words, he might as well go back to selecting his co-workers for vindictive termination as per CX Star Chamber for any credibility as far as I am concerned.:=

Tipsy

The Green Goblin
4th Nov 2010, 04:03
CASA's Director of Aviation Safety, John McCormick, said the award was testimony to the leading role Australia plays in international aviation.

Bahahahahahaha

Bahahahahahahahahahahaha

Regulatory reform, 20 years and counting

:mad:

bentleg
4th Nov 2010, 05:50
I hope Ms Marchbank did NOT travel to Italy at our expence to receive this "award"

Who do think would have paid for it :ugh:. It's always good to see taxpayer dollars being spent wisley :D Business class of course......

4th Nov 2010, 06:00
Ya gotta be joking. Graphic design maybe but for aviation content no way.

aroa
4th Nov 2010, 07:00
Note the text ... the Skull says... "a leading role in international aviation."

No such leading role for Australian aviation..!!, which is into its 22nd year of torment, and death by 10,000 Regs.

All rise. Bow the noggin and say... Amen.

Rose_Thorns
4th Nov 2010, 09:53
We get this rubbish. This is Australia's finest achievement.

The Kiwis get this!!.

http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-reporting-points/402099-somthing-air-nz-will-like-rob-fyfe-take-bow.html

What on earth are we thinking about.

She it' s gotta make you smile. Grr8 stuff. My Mama has forgotten more about 'the game' than this self back patting crew will ever know. What an achievement. Next weeks bog paper, delivered at tax payer expense.

Goes to show you (again) that journo' s and polly 's know bugger all about 'matters aeronautical'.

I embrace the new age.

("Shoot me Joyce, not even the Greens policy statement can save me now").

cficare
4th Nov 2010, 09:57
you must be joking! FSM is a joke (right??)

must have been voted 'top mag' by the unfortunate advertisers (and there are many!!)

Dangly Bits
4th Nov 2010, 11:13
Who nominated them?

Bring me their head!

davidgrant
4th Nov 2010, 11:41
AND just how many tax payers dollars went into ensuring this result???..."SLAP"....oops forgot my mentoring!!!.... LUV Casa....Luv CASA....must luv CASA!!!!...slap!!!...oboy..sorry guys, I go to jail if I dont remember to luv CASA, maximum 8 years in jail and a 40 grand fine!!, even a pedophile wouldnt get that..strict liability you see!!...didnt read the fine print!!...sorry.. lost the plot there for a sec.
Sorry guys,..."SLAP"!!...yeah...:yuk: of course CASA justly deserve credit for this wonderful accolade, they and they alone hold the record for holding out the longest implementing any sort of reform in regulation. A world record would you believe!!! twenty years and hundreds of millions of tax payers dollars!!!..without ZILCH...now tell me what other bureacracy can claim that sort of record :D!! In addition they must be given the gold medal for creating the most confusing gobbeldegook regulations imaginable, the others are not even close...FAA part 135 only forty pages...ONLY FORTY???.:E...sorry FAA guys not even close!!.. we actually achieved TWO HUNDRED PLUS...it has to be a world record!!...and even better!!... even the lawyers dont understand them..just think of the ongoing litigation..$$$$$$...Wow there is millions in this for the legal fraternity....well done...what better accolade could a public servant aspire to...winning the world championship in unworkable legislation
It goes without saying that the Skull,,,sorry CEO Must travel (first Class) to accept this award and be annointed by his peers, My god...he's wasted in CASA...just think what he could do in Banking!!!...God he could have the country in recession in a month!!

Hugh Jarse
5th Nov 2010, 05:36
Rose Thorns wrote:Next weeks bog paper, delivered at tax payer expense.Not strictly correct, Rose. Have you ever tried to wipe your ar$e on glossy paper ala FSA? The only thing worse than FSA is that "John Wayne" paper that you can get from Franklins..... "It's rough, it's tough, and it doesn't take sh!t from anyone".:E

I'll take my chances with a single sheet of Jepps, thanks ;)

bushy
5th Nov 2010, 08:16
I remember reading an article about a twin engined aeroplane with a full load of passengers being flown into known icing conditions without de-icing equipment. It climbed to 10,000 ft with a malfunctioning engine. The pilot then shut down the malfunctioning engine and lost control of the aircraft. He recovered and was soon in cloud below the LSALT. With the help of a friendly controller he found his way to an airfield and landed.
ATSB found no problem with the instruments.
This was said to be "the right stuff"
I disagree.
This may be a pretty magazine, but I cannot respect it.

Rose_Thorns
5th Nov 2010, 09:36
HJ. Still laughing. Now I know why sensible, venerable aviators don't bin amendments. Always wondered until now, you know, puzzled like.

Aroa. Again. Great point. Sad but true, this is all we have to call our own. Almost funny, if not so sad. Pathetic may be better.

Bushy, tale reminds me of another spog in an Aero Commander. Not so lucky, (YWLM - YLHI). Sad, messy, expensive and despite Mr. Staunton. No f changes to anything that matters. BTW, I agree, not quite the right stuff.

Heigh Ho - as they say.

Lodown
5th Nov 2010, 20:01
I am led to believe the same committee that awarded the Nobel Peace Prize to President Barack Obama was also in charge of awarding CASA the prize. Would be interesting to see the calibre of the other nominations.

ozleckie
5th Nov 2010, 21:31
Did someone move April Fools Day to Bonfire Night !!!! :confused:

I only take it out of it's plastic envelope because that doesn't go in the recycle bin

QSK?
6th Nov 2010, 01:26
Maybe a PPrune poll would be in order here to indicate to CASA how many aviation personnel consider FSA worthwhile? CASA might sit up and take notice then.

Counter-rotation
6th Nov 2010, 04:31
Civil Aviation Safety Authority's Flight Safety Australia magazine has taken out the 2010 international Flight Safety Foundation publication award.

I'm speechless!! :confused:

"Flight Safety Australia magazine is respected not just by people in Australian aviation but by people involved in air safety across the world

Not judging by the general feeling here...

CR

Brian Abraham
6th Nov 2010, 11:49
The memory is fading in this aging body but was there not an analysis of an engine failure in a PA-28 over Phillip Bay which the esteemed magazine put down to a flat battery? No electricity to feed the mags if I recall. No whips please, I've been wrong before.

Stationair8
7th Nov 2010, 05:12
Bit like the cocked up story on the PA-30/39 undercarriage many years ago.

desmotronic
8th Nov 2010, 13:20
mostly a propaganda machine for the mpl these days

Dangnammit
8th Nov 2010, 19:43
Truth be told, I only read it on the throne. :sad:

Off with his head!

bushy
8th Nov 2010, 22:50
The old Avuation Safety Digest was only distributed to those in the industry, and the facts were very accurate (nearly always). It had to be accurate for a readership of aviators.
The rot set in when it was made available to the general public, and published by a fepartment that had had an influx of ex army jet helicopter pilots who had no idea what a magneto or a propellor was. They did not seem to know what proof reading was. They dropped some real clangers to prove it.

The latest mag is a prettied up version of this, which is a promotional magazine for our aviation and aviation authorities.

I have to wonder if any of their staff have any aviation knowledge.

gupta
8th Nov 2010, 23:05
Proof reading is certainly not one of their strengths.

In the latest offering, it twice refers to flying to Tasmania across the Tasman Sea :ugh:

PA39
9th Nov 2010, 00:20
hey Bushy....Yeah i remember the article on THAT hero in the Chieftain....the bloke's a bl00dy mug and they made him out to be a bl00dy hero....plus the thing was sooo overweight. :mad:

Capt Fathom
9th Nov 2010, 00:23
Proof reading is certainly not one of their strengths.

In the article on Mac Job.....

A TAA F27 crashed in the sea off Cairns in 1960!! Apparently!

fencehopper
9th Nov 2010, 08:59
Mackay, i think it was.