PDA

View Full Version : Omanization at Oman Air

Just-a-number
3rd Nov 2010, 12:50
Omanization at Oman Air - Any news or updates?

Silicon valley
3rd Nov 2010, 15:59
SMLO got roasted at last minute meeting with pilots.

No future for expats plan to rid them by 2012.
Government wants aggressive plan to have omanization for crew in two years. expats hiring freeze started.

New hire GF pilots now demanding same terms and conditions as 1 miilion us loss a day company.

Losses adding up by flight ops has board concerned
Previous SMT kicked out for losing millions too busy accepting aircrafts in tls and not correcting training department mess

White Knight
3rd Nov 2010, 19:30
Just-a-number and Silicon Valley... Mmmm, both one post each and both joined Nov 2010. Are you the same person talking to yourself? Axe to grind with Oman Air?

See a shrink fellah:suspect:

T O G A Boy
4th Nov 2010, 13:54
Well said White Knight................:D

Silicon valley
5th Nov 2010, 14:04
Look I've moved on was there for 4 yaers the mess is well known.
Omanization not happening?
Why then most expats moving down the road or just leaving?
The management have run and stiil run like an omani boys club. Millions not lost? Check the losses check the financials.

The training department neglected under AS. Crew waited for months to train whilst he picked up ac's in TLS or took every BKK trip. Was AS ever in office to answer any questions. .
No axe to grind. Just tellig it the way it was. Truth stings no?

kotakota
5th Nov 2010, 19:32
Hellooooo...........Titanic Deckchair manager speaking...............
All going crackingly well here , Omaniisation wise ..........
But WHO will do the night Indias when all the expats have been tupa-ed ( swahili for binned ) ???
Crewing control ( lost control ) ...........
Happiness is ...........V1 anywhere ......

Obi Wan Kirk
6th Nov 2010, 00:56
All very true. Expat FOs have around 12-18 months to find a new job and Captains until end of 2012.

Of course this hasn't been officially announced but if you look around and ask enough questions you'll figure it our pretty quickly.

Currently one to two expat pilots resigning per week.

sirius3
6th Nov 2010, 07:04
Obi..... one doesnt have to look around as they are loud and clear......
Do check the link below..... its on the Oman Air website....

Oman Air In Sync With Government's Omanisation Goals | Omanair (http://www.omanair.aero/wy/aboutus/media/press-releases/oman-air-sync-governments-omanisation-goals)

Obi Wan Kirk
6th Nov 2010, 11:12
I said what I said because there are still some expat pilots in Omanair that believe in fairy tales: transition on A330, Command Upgrade, etc...

avtur007
8th Nov 2010, 12:47
obi wan kirk - no ones resigning, they just leave:D.... dont blame them though the way they get shafted for trying to do the right thing!
Had to laugh at the Omanair blog on their own website about 'efficient and proficient Omani cadres' - a real contradiction if ever i heard one.:confused:

25 DME FIX
8th Nov 2010, 13:23
I spent 14 years working for DGCAM in ATC. The Omanisation plan was replacement of expats------by 1985, inshallah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless a whole bunch of you are converting to Islam and taking up Omani citizenship, sounds like a recycled policy.

Scube3
12th Nov 2010, 08:08
All I have to say to everyone searching for information in this website is take everything you read here with a grain of salt...

I would use this website as a form of entertainment but not as a reliable source. Take my advice...

to"In Fact Is": You are pathetic!

Scube.

CRUIZE
12th Nov 2010, 18:12
Omanization at Oman Air .... what a joke ?
when will be my last day at work ? can any one answer me that?