PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Medical in UAE

Fission
3rd Nov 2010, 04:02
G'day,

I've followed the lady over here to RAK as she sets up a vet clinic.

I'm trying to keep up my Australian licence whilst I look for opportunities and my medical is due in a month - anyone know of a CASA approved Doc (DAME)?

Thanks in advance

Fizzy
(5000+ hours, lots of EMB120 command, but no jet time)

[100 hours pool time, but I am getting bored with it, and the Missus is so keen to get me back in the air she'd offer a free sterilisation :}]

maralinga
3rd Nov 2010, 05:31
Check your PM's.....Mara

Fission
3rd Nov 2010, 06:18
Ta for the medical info,

now - anyone want that sterilisation ?? :E

givemewings
3rd Nov 2010, 10:23
I have tried all Dubai DAO numbers today and so far only one hit... a voicemail account so I don't even know if it's the right person or not. Left my number so hopefully they'll call me back.

The 21st Century one went to Atlantis Hotel for some reason.

The female DAO number just rings out.

Didn't try AUH yet but I might have to if I can't get ahold of any of the DAOs in Dubai.

Let me know if you have any luck with the DAMEs, maybe they can point me in the right direction or give updated numbers.

Cheers

EDIT: Seems moderators are pre-approving posts. Sorry, first time that page came up for me so please ignore the duplicate posts :O

givemewings
4th Nov 2010, 21:36
Maralinga,

Any chance you can send me those details too? (If it isn't one of the listed Dr's)

Not having much luck actually pinning one down, looks like I'll have to try again next time I get back to Oz! :ugh:

Gulfstreamaviator
5th Nov 2010, 09:52
Firstly welcome to RAK, feel free to PM, when here, to discuss the world in general.

Do you have accomodation organised there, I have a 4 br town house that might be available to rent (12 mths).

Try Dr Akel, at GMC, in Dubai, he covers most of the world as AME. Suggest call UAE time 8-10am on zero four - 3494880. +397 if needed.

Already had the op, so passing on that one.

Glg