PDA

View Full Version : Forum rules

plane_driva
2nd Nov 2010, 08:11
Can someone point me to a forum rules sticky thread. I'm on my phone and can't seem to find one in the oz forum section.

My thread (http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions/432398-gps-sale-hire-any-ideas.html) requesting anyone with a gps for sale got closed.

I asked the moderators if I had done something wrong and got the one line response,"Yes you did".

So I'm still a bit in the dark!

plane_driva
2nd Nov 2010, 08:49
In darkness no more - mod got back to me stating they don't allow any ads whatsoever because they charge businesses for advertising on the site. Fair enough. I was just chasing a second hand old GPS but there you go ! I'll start looking on the site for a sponsor that sells second hand old GPS's :ugh:

plane_driva
2nd Nov 2010, 08:53
Oh and mods - you can close this thread as well.
:)

tail wheel
2nd Nov 2010, 09:19
If we allowed adverts - sale, wanted, jobs etc - we may as well rename the site EBAY! :ugh:

I locked your thread but left it in the forum so you can contact those who posted replies.

Can you imagine what PPRuNe would become if you had to search through a plethora of "for sale" and "wanted" adverts to find aviation interest threads?

There is plenty of internet sites specifically for wanted and for sale adverts. PPRuNe is not one of them.