PDA

View Full Version : Travel Air PNG

Flashsplash
2nd Nov 2010, 01:28
Has anybody ever heard of them. They are looking for a Dash-8 fleet captain to manage 6 captains and 8 f/o based in New Britain.
Position advertised on AVCANADA

Pimp Daddy
2nd Nov 2010, 09:12
Looking at the contact name I would tread very carefully.

geeup
2nd Nov 2010, 09:42
Do you have the ad?
Or the link as none of this reads right.
But hey I guess thats why it is a rumour mill :hmm:

TBM-Legend
2nd Nov 2010, 11:55
From a PNG friend: :uhoh:

Quote-
.He is a national chap living in rabaul...he's into all sorts of things, he has friends in high places....he seems to get paid large amounts of money to do construction work etc that never seems to get done ...get the picture, he also owns Travel Car, a car rental busness.......it will be a brand new start from the ground up operaton if it ever gets going with Dash 8-100's....

geeup
2nd Nov 2010, 17:07
Ahhhhh..
If I was a betting man it will never get off the ground.;)
CAA are having trouble keeping up with APNG, Transair, Hevilift, Tropairs AOCs let alone a new player :}
But stranger things have happened :ok:
The PMs son was able to get a chopper company AOC in about 24hrs :suspect:

Waghi Warrior
5th Nov 2010, 00:12
Would be a great job if the aircraft were suitable,ie had APUs and good ground support at all the ports.

Pimp Daddy,I totally agree with your comments.

swaziboy
8th Nov 2010, 07:54
They advertised again today in PC... from senior Mangement through to Cabin Crew.. anticipating ops from "early" 2011 pending AOC...

Waghi Warrior
11th Nov 2010, 20:21
TBM
The chap behind this would happen to be a politiciation (or X) would he,as this kind of thing fits the stereotype in PNG !

macdonaldjames93
19th Nov 2010, 07:41
In the paper this week he was talking about getting 2 F-100s on top of the 2 dash-8-100, does anyone know if its worth sending them a cv?

swaziboy
20th Nov 2010, 00:12
macdonaldjames93

Honestly, the way things work in PNG - you never know... Might be the next KLM... couple months pay in advance wouldnt be a bad thing though...

Waghi Warrior
21st Nov 2010, 02:55
Anything is very possible up here not to mention the fact that their would be plenty of work around the islands for a couple of little Dash 8s,the F100 talk could be a big juicy carrot hanging from the big blue yonda,in an effort to attract other experienced and current Dash 8 pilots from the other two operators up here. Having said that,if they were prepared to be competitive with the pay and offer tours,I don't think they would have a shortage of suitable local applicants,even with our Canadian friend involved.

mangi lo ples
21st Dec 2010, 12:12
i believe in him. he can only try we all know it is a capital intensive game. see whats he pulls out of the hat. PX have been leaving on hard earn taxes and yet to prove a constant dividend stream to the taxpayers. if this guy is willing I think he got what it takes. I believe our friend the Canadian have joint up with with together with a few key PX staff. Good luck on him.

mangi lo ples
21st Dec 2010, 12:16
I believe the F100 is cheaper than the Dash 8. I believe him given Dash eight is more expensive in todays market. He may enter the market with the cheaper version rumours says.

Waghi Warrior
21st Dec 2010, 21:03
I would have thought a couple of DHC-8-100's would be somewhat cheaper to lease/purchase than a couple of Fokkers. Getting the right people also will be a headache, not to mention a Part 121 AOC as CASA PNG are currently grossly under staffed. I would be very surprised if this operation ever gets off the ground.

Off the topic a bit, I believe that a new operator has started up in Southern Bougainville (Buin). I believe the company is called BRA ! Operating Islanders and are apparently getting Harbin Y-12's.

Trex wantok
14th Jan 2011, 05:57
I know we shouldn't be spreading rumors but someone once told me that if you haven't heard one by 10 start one, so here it goes a little birdie told me that this Travel Air is planning big they want to play in the same arena with PX(domestic), latest is 5 Dash 8 now a mix of 102,103,200 with more jets then originally predicted F-100s and possibly F-70s plans to pinch some mining contacts form apng and give Pixie a good run for their kina in the domestic market, Theirs even talks of sending some balus to the Solomons to operate there. They advertising for pilots in the States and Canada maybe Australia and NZ but I've only seen one quicky AD on paper here(PNG)
Does any one have a contact for the owners of the this new mob some of us at 7mile have alots of Qs for them and maybe they can shed some light on all these exciting rumors we're hearing.

NCD
28th Jan 2011, 08:42
Word is that some (5+) PX Gingerbeers have now signed up with Travel Air, PX Flight crew are looking for contact details, and Cabin Crew.......well.

Waghi Warrior
28th Jan 2011, 22:14
If this gets off the ground,which it could from all indications at least it will give ANG a good rattle up. At a guess I'd say most of the staff will be ex disgruntled ANG staff.

I also notice that most of the gingerbeers who have left ANG will no doubt be key players in the establishment of their respective CAA licences and approvals.

I have no doubt that their will also be pilots from ANG jump ship,as for cabin crew,I think everyone knows the answer to that,at least they won't have to wear uniforms that are uncomfortable due to the warm weather.

Good luck to them,the people of PNG really deserve another airline as ANG still has the monopoly on the industry,even with APNG.

troppo
29th Jan 2011, 12:52
Will people really dessert thier current employer, the national flag carrier to join a start up where the future is uncertain? Doesn't appear to be a wise career move to me?

frigatebird
29th Jan 2011, 19:56
Trex sounds excited....!

geeup
31st Jan 2011, 07:59
2-1 says it never gets off the ground

LVDT
10th Feb 2011, 16:26
It seems this start up is still struggling to launch operations but gaining some momentum.

More people have joined their staff from PX and APNG and CASA has applications for aircraft registration with the importations schduled for several weeks from now

Madang has been invaded by the launch team, a hangar leased along with housing for 10 flight crews, offices rented and local office staff is being hired.

It might be real.

Mach E Avelli
11th Feb 2011, 11:20
If it's done right, pitched at the mining market, with the right people and with enough financial backing it could be real. The other players have had their chance. Aviation can be profitable in PNG, which is more than can be said for many other places on this planet.
If Madang is to be the base, it should be easier to attract people than if it were Moresby or Hagen.
But if this start-up is dependent on tourism it is probably doomed.

LVDT
7th Mar 2011, 19:47
It seems Travel Air in PNG has commenced hiring and have the first 6 pilots on staff. (all PNG experienced)
I understand they are commencing their simulator training in the next couple weeks.
Looks like something must be happening on aircraft deliveries if they are training.

Waghi Warrior
8th Mar 2011, 06:28
Good luck boys, looks like a few more wantoks may be joining you guys shortly. The lieutenants have lost their power it would appear ! :ok:

33 Disengage
8th Mar 2011, 09:44
PNG - inhospitable terrain, weather that changes on a dime, poor nav aids - what's it got going for it?

...still single
8th Mar 2011, 12:15
PNG - inhospitable terrain, weather that changes on a dime, poor nav aids - what's it got going for it?

Corrupt police, cheap beer, cheap hookers

...and that's just the church social meeting.

Waghi Warrior
8th Mar 2011, 21:46
Minning boom !

NCD
9th Mar 2011, 10:40
However to give up your seniority slot...

If Travel Air works some may very well have traded for a much higher seniority slot and perhaps even better conditions.

Depending on circumstances sometimes the punt is worth taking.

Ricky Bobby
9th Mar 2011, 20:34
How about the best damn flying you'll ever do in your life?

geeup
10th Mar 2011, 03:52
I'm liking the sound of this gamble.
Where do I sign up?
As I like the pains of PNG :E

LVDT
12th Mar 2011, 08:37
Mate the sign up is easy enough:
[email protected]

They are looking for 12 crews for type training starting in 4 to 6 weeks in Amsterdam on the F50.
1500 PIC of a Dash 8 would rate a Senoir Captain Salary.

tolakuma manki
19th Mar 2011, 03:12
Latest information from Rumour Control Centre.
John has been locked out of the hangar - Travel Air "paid someone" to gazump lease.
No longer Dash 8's, Now ATR's.
Twin Otters coming as well under Joint Venture with a Madang Operator.
Big Hangar is being handed to Islands Airways.
Green Hangar is being refurbed for Islands Airways.

jay laufa
7th Apr 2011, 06:55
Hey folks, just tot i'd share a bit of infor i gathered on the above....He is from New Ireland correct....He owns Queen Emma Lodge & Travel Cars???

Dnt wanna guess the name but he met with Paul Tiensten, Planning Minister recently with regards to the above subject...He's got people up in the ranks...I heard he offerd K500,000 annual package to an ANG Department GM...Sounds like the pollies are cheaping in for the starting capital....pilots yes...APNG & ANG pilots, a couple have being approached...huge verbal packages offered...so on..

I am all for it...We need competition...Scale of his operations i bet it is enough to penetrate and split the market that APNG & ANG is currently sharing...bring it on...and besides, it's 100% nationally owned...

Correct me if i am wrong...Peace....Jay:cool:

Waghi Warrior
7th Apr 2011, 12:22
There is a lot of senior pilots within PNG playing musical chairs at the moment. All the guys that I know who have/are about to jump ship from their employers have absolutely nothing to loose as they are all highly employable else where in the industry, if their new jobs go belly up. Good to see pilots now have other opportunities thanks to companies like Travel Air.

wrongwayaround
18th Apr 2011, 00:58
I have some information that may interest you. I also would like some questions answered myself!

Here's what I know...
The FOM ("RW") who is setting up the operation is a very, very experienced fellow. He is a pre-89'er and has extensive experience not only in Fokker aircraft but all over the world. He's a realist. How TravelAir have sourced him, and convinced him to stay on and set up the operation is beyond me. They must be paying him alot of Kina! Rightly or wrongly, they have the correct person setting the joint up. In more recent times he'd been flying the F100 for Alliance in Brissy.

They have 4 F50's arriving some time soon. 1 is from KLM and the other 3 are from Malaysia Airlines.

The simulator sessions will be run in Kuala Lumper at Malaysia Airlines sim centre. Crew (including RW) have already been up there doing simulator sessions.

The 'money bags' is from Rabual and apparently has a bottomless wallet.

Routes initially with be covering POM, MADANG, BUKA, RABAUL

Captains will be sourced from ANG. They are, however, keen to find people with F50 C&T experience.

Capts Salary = AU$130, 000 and FO = AU$85, 000 with a 10% addition for C&T's

Expat contracts will be for 12 months, with negotiable tours. The initial commitment will be at least a 2 month tour.

Word has it they are quite keen to get into Lihir island.

Here's some questions I want answered:

What is the likelyhood of being able to extend your contract once it's up?

What is the likelyhood of them getting their AOC by june/july?

Why Madang?

Waghi Warrior
18th Apr 2011, 08:49
Rumour going around PX at the moment is that two captains who pulled the pin to go to Travel Air have asked for their jobs back. They have been re employed from what I can gather.

Anyone know what's going on ? CASA problems or maybe pay issues ? Who knows but it's very wierd.

vee tail
19th Apr 2011, 12:22
From what I hear Travel Air cut pays significantly over night ( K30 000 ):{
And flying now not starting til APR next year. Not too sure on that rumour though.:E
One of the guys has been re-employed and given F100 command is the rumour:confused::ugh::mad::mad::confused::eek:

b_p83
20th Apr 2011, 02:23
Vee Tail
where did you hear these rumours / cheers

Waghi Warrior
20th Apr 2011, 06:43
I heard it from 215 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geeup
20th Apr 2011, 09:43
Sounds like my money is still good!:cool:

tolakuma manki
20th Apr 2011, 21:09
Grand Thief has dropped out of Government
Little Thief has had his wings clipped.
No one left to pay "grease" to.

May be all over red rover

wrongwayaround
20th Apr 2011, 22:28
Apparently he's built a hangar in Madang big enough to house a B767. All the offices have gone up....

Big plans

b_p83
20th Apr 2011, 23:42
did anyone whom actually apply to them hear back from them as of yet ?
Cheers

tolakuma manki
20th Apr 2011, 23:43
Apparently he's built a hangar in Madang big enough to house a B767. All the offices have gone up....

Where about is this hangar?

geeup
21st Apr 2011, 09:42
No new hangar I can see at Madang :hmm:

LVDT
26th Apr 2011, 17:26
That's a tough way to get a promotion, but I suspect you cannot argue with success.

mangi lo ples
1st May 2011, 14:13
I believe its not a rumour any more. Its all happening.

mangi lo ples
1st May 2011, 14:17
may be most who apply was not worth the A4 paper let alone the reply cost.

Waghi Warrior
1st May 2011, 22:59
Have they got their AOC yet ?

Nothings going to happen without that.

For those who applied, I believe they were inundated with applications with some very suitable applicants, excluding any Air Niugini and Airlines PNG pilots.

tourismman
2nd May 2011, 00:49
Here is the first F50 pic

Skyliner - aviation news & more (http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/viewphoto.main?LC=nav2&picid=7162)

Waghi Warrior
2nd May 2011, 04:18
Who ever designed their paint scheme done a good job as it looks great.

troppo
2nd May 2011, 04:31
Who ever designed their paint scheme done a good job as it looks great

Talair Orange?

wrongwayaround
2nd May 2011, 23:36
Well.. in the 3-something decades I've been in this industry (usually don't like to admit my age :E ) one saying has always stuck.... You never believe it until you see it parked out the front in the company colours... and here it is. How exciting, a breath of fresh air for the PNG aviation community. enjoy! :ok:

http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/photos/P2TAE.jpg

I also see on their website ( Travel Air (http://www.travelairpng.com) ) that it says they are a member of the "SWT Group". Seems they are a Canadian company ( Welcome to the SWT Group - Home (http://www.swtgroup.com/home.html) )

Does anyone have any more information on this?

troppo
3rd May 2011, 00:19
Might be more than one 'SWT Group' out there.
Try SARAKOLOK WEST TRANSPORT (http://www.swt.com.pg)

wrongwayaround
3rd May 2011, 00:57
Ah Yes

.. and an interesting newspaper ad was posted here Home news (http://www.postcourier.com.pg/20101115/news05.htm) on 15th Nov 2010

obviously before they considered having F50s ?

BreakingWind
17th May 2011, 00:48
looks like new website is up and running

Travel Air | (http://travelairpng.com/)

mangi lo ples
18th May 2011, 11:54
SWT GROUP stands for Sarakolok West Transport Limited (SWT) a PNG 100% nationally owned. There is another Candian company call SWT Group as well. so it must be the wrong way around.

www.travelairpng.com

mangi lo ples
19th May 2011, 12:43
F50 I believe is a better option compare to Dash 8 for the purpose they want to do

macdonaldjames93
17th Jun 2011, 08:41
Has anyone heard any thing about T.A lately? its seems Travel Air talk has gone quiet, Is it still happening?

wrongwayaround
6th Jul 2011, 06:02
Yes, all still happening.
They're hoping for 12 F50's by this time next year.

tourismman
13th Jul 2011, 01:53
P2-TAF was seen in paintshop at Maastricht on 10 july according to Skyliner news.

Skyliner - aviation news & more (http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb.main?LC=nav4&page=4)

Mangi Moresby
13th Jul 2011, 05:04
I wouldn't hold your breath...

Latest from the local PNG papers today about the owner of Travel Air - Eremas or as they call him the "K10 Million Man"

Post-Courier Online (http://www.postcourier.com.pg/20110713/wehome.htm)

Apparently another dodgy PNG deal.

AxelPNG
13th Jul 2011, 06:01
From todays Post-Courier:

THE National Planning and Monitoring Department paid K10 million to a Kokopo-based businessman Eremas Wartoto to start his private airline company – Travel Air – and millions more were paid out to senior staff of the department.
Ministerial staff of Paul Tiensten and associates also collected millions of Kina in “bogus project” payments made between March and May this year. The details are contained in a report now filed as an affidavit before the National Court in Waigani compiled by lawyer Philemon Korowi who is acting on behalf of suspended Secretary Joseph Lelang.
The payment to Mr Wartoto was made on March 31, 2011, and the cheque no is 000158 which was collected from the department by a senior staff of the department, T Tuna, and delivered it to Mr Wartoto who owns the Travel Car business as well as the Queen Emma Lodge in Kokopo and a building and construction business based in Kokopo as well.
Government sources said last night that the payment was made without National Executive Council’s (NEC) approval and therefore could render the payment improper.
The payment was made during the three-month suspension of Secretary Joseph Lelang and Acting Secretary Ruby Zarriga was in the hot seat.

Waghi Warrior
13th Jul 2011, 20:30
Now that this filthy deal has been exposed I really doubt that the airine will get of the ground.

Tiensten was rambling on the box last night saying that the country needs another airline, he is correct ! However it shouldn't be done with taxpayers money. 10 mil would be better spend on upgrading some of the rural airports.

AussieO2
18th Jul 2011, 06:41
Re the photo, what does the title on the forward fuse translate to ? ie MANGI LO PELES..

AxelPNG
18th Jul 2011, 07:06
Roughly translates to 'home town born and bred' I guess?

Mangi = monkey = young fella
lo = from
Ples = place = home town, often refers to rural areas's or place of birth.

Most people in PNG refer to their 'ples' as their home village or parents home village.

Wandering
19th Jul 2011, 03:59
With respect, monkey (young man) is "manki".
In pidgin english those words, singly, or as a phrase and spelt like that, don't exist. If you talk about a person's place the phrase would be, ples bilong mi Goroka or Kabwum whatever.

The slogan :'mangi lo peles' could be "tok ples" or the person's local language. It might even mean what you say in tok ples but it isn't pidgin.

Lukim yu.

AxelPNG
19th Jul 2011, 05:19
Ummmm, manki is mangi. Really. Just a different spelling.

I've been living here for 13 years (as of yesterday, but unfortunately soon to depart) and visiting since '94 and I don't pretend to understand all that is PNG but I can't see that a tok ples reference would mean anything on the side of the aircraft.

Clearly it is a pidgin phrase, my attempt at translating could be wrong.

I just asked the closest PNGean who said it means someone who stayed in the village, a true local.

wrongwayaround
21st Jul 2011, 03:44
Look the way I see it, the cat & bag may or may not have been separated with this 10mil deal.
Relax! This is PNG we're talking about here. Probably the most corrupt country in the world, so it's not the first time a dirty 10mil would have changed hands under the table. Infact 10mil would be a p!ss in the ocean compared to dodgy deals done in the past in this country.
So if he's been given the 10mil, celebrate your new airline, the jobs it creates and the good times ahead? You're not going to change corruption in PNG, goodluck if you try!

IrOnMaHn
16th Aug 2011, 05:06
In confusion.........is travel air in for Service or not yet............seems like the news for Travel Air is Dying... Any one to keep me informed of the latest update with Travel Air

AussieO2
16th Aug 2011, 05:39
Seems like something is happening, as the 2 x F50 that are painted up in Holland, had their Dutch registrations cancelled on AUG 04, so they must be on the P2 register. Have not seen anything on the 3 coming from Malaysia

troppo
16th Aug 2011, 08:00
there was an ad on Seek a couple of weeks ago for F50 LAMEs based in Madang

ThereISlifeafterQF
17th Aug 2011, 04:37
Two aircraft ready to ferry, commencing at the end of the week.

WhiskeySierra
21st Aug 2011, 12:42
Saw it last week, flying from somewhere in the Netherlands to somewhere in Greece, i think. And here it is....

Photos: Fokker 50 Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Travel-Air/Fokker-50/1911695/L/&sid=85d6b492dd186c32b85a9ed44561bb06)

MacBoy
24th Aug 2011, 10:07
P2-TAE on a PR tour through Hoskins and Tokua today. So, yep aircraft are in country and looking shiny in their new paint work.

DeRated
30th Aug 2011, 06:02
East New Britain businessman and the owner of PNG’s newly established airline, Travel Air, Eremas Wartoto was arrested and charged with two counts of misappropriation.

The payments were released to him in two separate cheques of K1 million and K6 million each.
At that time, the monies were paid to one of his companies Sarakolok West Transport.

More details in the press release.....

ResumeOwnNav
31st Aug 2011, 12:24
Aeroplane was parked in Travel Air's Madang hangar today.

troppo
10th Sep 2011, 01:59
Islands Business - AVIATION/TOURISM: Travel Air takes to the skies (http://www.islandsbusiness.com/islands_business/index_dynamic/containerNameToReplace=MiddleMiddle/focusModuleID=19848/overideSkinName=issueArticle-full.tpl)

AussieO2
14th Sep 2011, 21:06
The second F50, TAF, is reportedly on the delivery flight. Any sightings ?

Waghi Warrior
18th Nov 2011, 19:22
Rumour is that Travel Air isn't far off getting the green light to commence operations, hopefully before christmas too.

F50 also operated into POM yesterday. Insider tells me that it was a proving flight.

Putting aside all the political affairs I recon Travel Air may have half a chance if it can be managed well.

Mainframe
18th Nov 2011, 21:23
Waghi, did you see this as well?

Wartoto, airline crew land in Bougainville (30/08/2011)
By STEPHANIE ELIZAH

EXCITEMENT rippled through the crowd of onlookers as they witnessed the arrival of the ‘Mangi lo peles’ aircraft at Buka Airport last Thursday.

The Fokker 50 aircraft, which belongs to controversial Rabaul businessman and owner of Travel Air Services Eremas Wartoto,
landed on Bougainville soil for the first time much to the delight of Bougainville regional MP Fidelis Semoso.

Wartoto said the short visit to Buka was a trial run for his pilot crew of two expatriates and two nationals and that a formal launch of his
company’s services to the autonomous region was planned for October.

He said he accompanied his crew to Bougainville to inform the region’s leaders of his intention to provide air services to the bulk of the rural population on Bougainville.

He said flight services would include landing at Aropa Airport, where the bulk of Bougainvilleans from Central and South Bougainville were in need of air services.

Wartoto urged the Bougainville government to open Aropa Airport as soon as possible so that flights could extend to mainland Bougainville.
Semoso said the leaders and people of Bougainville appreciated this initiative and looked forward to the airline’s services.
Semoso said he had put in a submission for K700 million to the national government for establishing airport facilities at Aropa Airport.

He said the reopening of Aropa Airport was in the best interests of the people of Bougainville.

Semoso thanked Wartoto for including Bougainville as one of the primary routes his company would provide air services to,
saying the cost of flying Air Niugini was too expensive and the region needed competition so that airfares would be reduced.

LVDT
25th Nov 2011, 01:28
Travel Air has been issued with an AOC for 121 operations in PNG. The 145 MOC was issued a month ago so it seems there is a new operator in PNG.

LVDT
1st Dec 2011, 02:12
Travel Air started operations on the 1st of December.
The airline is indicating more aircraft are on the way and they are currently seking First officers for their Fokker F50 schedule.

...still single
1st Dec 2011, 14:09
Well, bugger me with a pitchfork!

I never thought it would happen. Always the land of the unexpected.

mangi lo ples
2nd Dec 2011, 07:47
Good luck to the boys and girls at Travel Air. The first month of operation is always still scary and still a long road ahead.:ok:

Unusual-Attitude
22nd May 2012, 01:01
Now forced to pay in cash for kero?!? :ooh:

tolakuma manki
22nd May 2012, 02:00
Now forced to pay in cash for kero?!?
New Prime Minister can cause that

geeup
22nd May 2012, 02:31
Is it cash follow issues or political problems?
Or are they hand in hand?

I am sure if the worst happens the crews will be work in PX, HL or APNG.

Killer Loop
22nd May 2012, 04:29
Having a few SP's with (for) lunch Geeup old mate?

Mach E Avelli
23rd May 2012, 22:48
RUMOUR - REPEAT 'rumour' - has it that they may be about to go belly-up.

It would be a shame if true, because if ever a place needs a low cost alternative for the locals it is PNG.

macdonaldjames93
1st Jun 2012, 19:07
Some of the Travel Air senior pilots already secured left seats slots on HL second ATR
If the top guys are jumping ship what is that saying about the rumors
But I agree with Mach, the PNG travelers certainly need a low cost ops , PX is just too expensive, APNG well they just focus on mining contracts.(just lost pjv to hl i hear)
Its a shame to see another one bites the dust:(
Rumors TA going to Fiji? I recon they better off trying their luck with the Tongans, Fiji Dom market is well covered my PacSun and more others small operators
The Kingdom has only got one operator from New Zealand up there, or get two Otters and run it between Apia - Pago Poly is doing a pissed poor job up there, US dollars paying pax? :E

Captionquote
4th Sep 2012, 03:22
With every start up company and every start up business.Companies are bound to start with a loss.But from what I hear Travel Air is by far going ok.Despite the rumors I can only say "GO FOR IT MANGI LO PELES"...

IslandPearl
22nd Sep 2012, 03:54
Mangi lo Peles a top airline however the rotten egg stings the place sends the good people who'd have like to stay & make the "nationally owned" airline work leave.

Something must be done...PNG this should be our pride!!

wrongwayaround
26th Nov 2012, 22:20
Is this joint still operational
?
Would be good to hear from all you guys in Paradise

arrow28
11th May 2013, 13:22
Does anybody know if Travel Air PNG is still operating and if they have a phone number.
All I can get from Google is that their HQ is in Hagen but there is little other info. Their website does not give any phone numbers.

If somebody has that info could their please post it.

Thanks

arrow28

2p!ssed2drive
11th May 2013, 22:12
Here ya go
Fokker 50 rated pilots. Short and long term contracts available. Travel Air PNG has an immediate requirement for ICAO recognised F27-50 rated crew. | LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Fokker-50-rated-pilots-Short-4551064.S.148909491?_mSplash=1)

TBM-Legend
12th May 2013, 10:48
Minor problem here with the owner!

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=png&source=newssearch&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC4QqQIoADAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theage.com.au%2Fopinion%2Fpolitical-news%2Falleged-png-crime-boss-on-457-visa-wanted-over-theft-of-30m-20130509-2jatx.html&ei=cXOPUZndBOaRiQerv4HYCQ&usg=AFQjCNGzlQsrDSXjhOFAWb6-QbJzfJ7Ldg&bvm=bv.46340616,d.aGc

Mach E Avelli
13th May 2013, 01:14
Ask someone already there how regularly they get paid.

If the Press report about the principal is accurate, the PNG Government may have an opportunity to pick up a fully-functioning low-cost carrier for domestic services for nothing more than paying the bills owing. PNG sure needs it, and a properly-funded Travelair would be the ideal way into that market.

If the reports are true, the Government could probably seize it under some sort of proceeds-of-crime legislation.

wrongwayaround
13th May 2013, 01:18
Quote:proceeds-of-crime legislation

Legislation??? In Papua new guinea ???
You'd have to be joking right. Haha :D :ok:

Mach E Avelli
13th May 2013, 02:04
Ah, but they can make the rules up as they go along.......

wrongwayaround
13th May 2013, 02:33
Too true my friend.

Re. Trying to locate him:
I think the main problem with oldmate Wart-tu-tu is he looks like every other bleedin' local that belong down the squatters camp down in the bay...

He don't look like a man made rich by his own means :ok:

2nd Sep 2013, 20:17
Just another warning:

The Bangladesh Snake, named Tofayel, and his little (very short) a**licking (that's as high he can ever reach) friend, named James O'keefe (pronounced oh-sleaze) - will do anything to cheat you!

Zimba...never ever go there!!!! ........those people are sick

TBM-Legend
3rd Sep 2013, 00:54
How is TA still going????

greg47
6th Sep 2013, 13:13
get in early with your Christmas cards to our friend avoid the rush send to 20 Alpina tce. Mt Sheridan 4870 Cairns Qld. Although he could be moving I here.

pngFolk
12th Oct 2013, 09:09
Did Bangladeshi snake ate the Flyingfox from netherland?:confused::rolleyes:

12th Dec 2013, 16:26
Is it still dark when you open your eyes?? .....maybe because you have your head up your own "where the sun doesn't shine"!!!

Btw how was it....was it ranked nine-thousend-something, the "university", you said, you graduated from:D:8 .....you are simply genius, keep it coming!

TBM-Legend
15th Apr 2014, 13:26
How's the operation these days??

Joe_Public
23rd May 2015, 09:13
As someone not involved in aviation (other than as a passenger ...) I'm just interested in what's happening with Travel Air, much in the same way I was interested in what was happening with Schapelle Corby when she was still the blue-eyed girl next door being unjustly accused of /sentenced for bringing drugs into Indonesia.

There was a lot in the Aussie papers a couple of years ago about Mr Wartoto having his Australian work visa terminated, going back to PNG and (I think) being arrested. I thought all sorts of dire things would happen to the airline if the misappropriation of money to start it was true.

Being semi-retired and occasionally spending time on things I wouldn't if I was busier, I was wondering what did happen - it never made it to the papers here, or I missed it - and so I did a Google search that showed the airline started flights to "Alotau" late last year and that Mr Wartoto was on the first flight in his capacity of company owner and Chairman.

So everything is okay and Travel Air hasn't ended up in trouble with the Government? Was that because the money that was supposed to have been misappropriated actually wasn't after all? ... and I assume no new posts on this thread since April last year means there has been nothing interesting happening to comment on?

Any replies to this, thanks for your time.

Joe.

Duck Pilot
24th May 2015, 08:09
Either you are a journalist looking for a story Joe or you have way far to much time on your hands.

First post? No disrespect, it's just not a good look asking questions on a first post that could attract scuttlebutt for good or bad reasons. I'm sure the moderators have already recognised this and are monitoring closely.

I am no way affiliated with Travel Air.

Joe_Public
24th May 2015, 10:25
Thanks for the advice Duck Pilot.

It's actually my second post. First one was last month in response to a post - I can't even tell you which thread - about whether the general public still had a favourable view of pilots. I can't find it now, and assume that means it was deleted.

Aviation interests me, except for the technical bits. I stumbled onto PPruNe years ago through a Google search and have over the years followed with interest, as a lurker in the background, any discussions that have taken my fancy - the QantasLink paddle pop stick security thread being a great example. Also on Alan Joyce's actions in grounding the Qantas fleet, stuff like that.

Yes, way, way too much time on my hands. Do appreciate your post and will take up your advice, thanks for that. Back to re-watching the DVD collection ...

P.S. Definitely not a journalist, I don't make spelling mistakes!

Joe.