PDA

View Full Version : tinnitus after an ear cold

Ganzic
2nd Nov 2010, 00:58
Hi All,

I have had an ear cold last month, and doc gave me some drops, all well gone, but now I notices a small high pitch noise in my ears when evrything goes quiet.

Went to see another doc, she gave me a print out of google after a 2 hours wait in a queue...what a waste of time...

Anyone had this? Will it diappear, can I loose my medical?

AussieNick
2nd Nov 2010, 11:57
hi mate, as a tinnitus sufferer I fully understand how your feeling. I still hold my class 1 medical without any restrictions. yes, if yoyr tinnitus is permanent you will suffer some hearing loss but it should only be in thehigh range of frequencies and therefore have no effect on you day to day. a chat with an aviation medical examiner will help put you at ease.

I assume you understand what happens in your ears to cause tinnitus, I hate to say it but its generally going to be permanent and all you can do is just get used to it.

gingernut
2nd Nov 2010, 20:53
With such a short history, I'd be a little cautious about banding medical terminology such as tinnitus at this stage. (Don't everyone's ears ring when they get a cold? mine do.)

With the few facts we have, it's probably safe to say that it's likely to resolve as quick as it appeared:)

Ganzic
3rd Nov 2010, 20:48
Thnaks guys for giving me the confidence, had my Class1 yesterday, doc said it all looks fine, should go away after a month or so.