PDA

View Full Version : an aircraft for FI/IRI checkride near London Luton

Skipping Classes
1st Nov 2010, 20:02
Gentlemen,

I need to rent a single engine piston aircraft near London Luton to do a FI/IRI checkride.

The situation is like this: I am 3000+ hours airline pilot with JAA ATPL(A) (Netherlands) valid single engine rating and about 700 SEP hours and FAA CFI/MEI SEP/SEL//MEL and just completed my FI/IRI course.

The examiner is my colleague also ATPL pilot and Spanish CAA examiner.

We will be in London Luton on the 17th and 18th of November and I would like to do my skill test for FI/IRI license.

We are both very limited in time and we need to have a Cessna 150/172 or Piper Warrior/Archer/Arrow to do the exam.

We are both current in Single Engine Piston and familiar with London Luton airport where we'd like to do the IRI(A) part.

Any idea where we can find a single engine airplane on the 17th of November for a reasonable time and without checkout? Or if we have to do a checkout it should be something really reasonable like two patterns in the circuit cause we will be very limited on time (and I absolutely don't wont to spend extra money)

If you have some pointers - please let me know!

Alexis

Ian the Aviator
2nd Nov 2010, 12:40
Have you tried Cranfield Flight Training ?.. just a few miles north of Luton at Cranfield Airport
I've always found them most helpful...

Tel: 01234 752272 - ask for David Coulson or Donald Putnam

or have a look at their website first - - Learn to Fly with Cranfield Flying School (http://www.cranfieldflyingschool.com) -

and no, I dont work for them or have any connection other than a happy former student...

Enjoy...

Skipping Classes
3rd Nov 2010, 06:12
Thanks a lot, even if you worked for them! :)