PDA

View Full Version : Did Etihad Pilots Fall A Sleep

FLYSMART340
31st Oct 2010, 10:16
Anyone hear EY 031 flight which did not contact several ATC units today. ( 30th Oct night flight from ABU)

Rhine radar tried to call for over 30 mins with other Etihad aircraft were also trying to help out but the pilots were never contactable. In fact radar informed that interception aircraft were informed and he will try and keep them on ground.

Does anyone know if there was a MAY-DAY or what happened to that aircraft.

CanadaRocks
31st Oct 2010, 11:36
2 training captains flying together :=

fatbus
31st Oct 2010, 13:02
Doing their bids!

Sir Osis of the river
31st Oct 2010, 14:02
Discussing company rostering practices :E

Number2
31st Oct 2010, 16:24
Etihad pilots not listening - no news there!!

Shell Management
31st Oct 2010, 17:19
Another good reason for routine CVR monitoring.

inchallah
1st Nov 2010, 07:07
Well not surprised really..:ugh:

The system is all F**ked up. How can Rostering department expects anyone to do 4 night flights in a row with sometimes minimum rest 14hrs in between and not expect us to be tired. Even worst, one lands in CAT III conditions in AUH then have to try to drive home to rest and be back at the airport the same evening. Yes it is 4 in a row although we are only allowed 3 per OMA but half way in that block of 7days they give us enough rest downroute in order to break the 4 night flights but however you look at it, one is working 7days straight with 4 nights thrown in.

The above rostering practices exist and is unsafe hence why so many crew are sick due to lack of rest and body clock been out of sync.:D

Safety is an issue here as I have found myself dosing at times and told the FO, Im just closing my eyes for a few minutes. Hoping that he can stay awake. I find this happens with almost every flight, now there's obviously an inherent problem here. Believe it or not, i do try to sleep before every flight, not always successful though with a young family.:ok:

Hope this incident will change the way Dicky and his rostering practice are carried out...

inchallah

inchallah
1st Nov 2010, 09:37
ACM, unfortunately it is legal but the point i was making is 7 days straight and night flying is just plain wrong, not even office staff work 7 days straight.

Totally agree about EY guys with balls, most bitch and moan but never put their foot down. There are ways to make changes eg deadheading in economy for the freighters. Call in sick until Dicky and his cohorts get the message. Nothing will change until these clowns have to answer serious questions.

I know numerous guys who refuse to work on their days off or go to some silly roadshow. However, there are plenty who do and until this stops not much will improve.:=

Volverine
2nd Nov 2010, 09:45
You must not be a pilot so.
No thanks, use it for your office.

chrispatrickGA
3rd Nov 2010, 05:45
So any news bout what happened to this EY031 and its pilots? :yuk: