PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants To Hire Me??

Jo nathan
31st Oct 2010, 05:32
To everyone concerned.

I am a low time pilot looking for my first job.

I have CPL, MECIR, 201hrs total, 73.8hrs command and 49.6hrs insrtument.

East Coast, West Coast, North or South. I will travel anywhere, anytime.

I have a very successful employment history with references to back it.

If someone will be so kind as to help me get my foot into the door, I raise my hand at any opportunity!

Thankyou.

Piano Man
31st Oct 2010, 05:39
You won't get much luck posting threads like that on here mate. Best bit of advice is to get in a car and head north-set up camp in one of the towns. Also try to get some experience in a 200 series Cessna.

Good luck!

The Green Goblin
31st Oct 2010, 05:41
Hit the road early next year mate and head to Kununurra. Between now and then work on your ATPLs.

You won't get an entry level job unless you are Johnny on the spot or been in town for a while, know the fellas and are a known quantity.

Jo nathan
31st Oct 2010, 05:53
Cheers for the advice guys,

Already heading up there in Jan/feb and have 5 of the 7 ATPL exams done and dusted!

Just trying to spread the word!! :ok:

manymak
31st Oct 2010, 06:32
As they say with the NT.. ''You'll never never know if you never never go''

Seriously though as said previously best advice is to head 'up north'. After my training I did just that and had some of the best life/aviation experience you'd ever come across. Something I'll never regret. :)

A few years up there will see you progress fairly quickly onto some twins and put you in good stead for a east/south coast job if that's what you desire.

Roxy_Chick_1989
31st Oct 2010, 11:54
Whats the best time of year to head up?

Joker 10
31st Oct 2010, 11:58
Depends on what you really want to be hired to do ???

lilflyboy262
31st Oct 2010, 17:35
Or better yet, jump on a plane and travel to southern africa. Probably have more chance of getting hired here than in NT.
Plus after a year you upgrade into turbines (cessna caravan) or twins.
Check out the african aviation forum for details of where to go and what to bring.

Geebs
31st Oct 2010, 20:43
I must say when I first read the original post in this thread I winced at the thought of the usual suspects ripping strips off a young bloke who is merely looking for thoughts from experienced heads.

Instead, the thread has been taken seriously and some good advice given to someone who may yet retain their faith in this site.

Nice work Dunnunda, hopefully leading Pprune out of the cynical mindset that infests too many of the forums on the site :D :D

The Green Goblin
1st Nov 2010, 01:07
I must say when I first read the original post in this thread I winced at the thought of the usual suspects ripping strips off a young bloke who is merely looking for thoughts from experienced heads.

Instead, the thread has been taken seriously and some good advice given to someone who may yet retain their faith in this site.

Nice work Dunnunda, hopefully leading PPRuNe out of the cynical mindset that infests too many of the forums on the site

:E

Whats the best time of year to head up?

Probably for you, never, although I'm sure Slingair will hire you. You'd fit right in :}

blacklabel
1st Nov 2010, 02:27
love the 201h total, it's like a kid saying i'm 5 and a half years old instead of just saying i'm five.
200h in working pilot terms, that's like saying i was born 3 months ago. hahaha

VH-XXX
1st Nov 2010, 02:31
We advertised a while back for a pilot, must have a minimum of 1000 hours.

I put the hours into a spreadsheet back then. We had the following hours.

Coincidence ? I'd love to do a log book troll on some of those applicants.

Atlas Shrugged
1st Nov 2010, 02:34
You did say "minimum"....;)

The Green Goblin
2nd Nov 2010, 00:23
We advertised a while back for a pilot, must have a minimum of 1000 hours.

I put the hours into a spreadsheet back then. We had the following hours.

Coincidence ? I'd love to do a log book troll on some of those applicants.

There was a time, when every professional Pilot had spot on 1000 hours......In fact I know many guys that quit their jobs the moment they clicked over the 1000 hour mark to get an instrument rating and look for a multi engine job.