PDA

View Full Version : Peckforton Castle

Chopper Doc
29th Oct 2010, 10:06
Does anyone know of any good landing sites near by that would give you permission and would be safe to leave your helicopter for a couple of days?

SilsoeSid
29th Oct 2010, 10:13
FAQ - Peckforton Castle (http://www.peckfortoncastle.co.uk/legal/index.php)

Do you have a Helicopter Landing Area?
Yes we do have a helicopter landing area. Please call the castle on: 01829 260 930 should you wish to use this. Please be aware this must be pre-booked.

Chopper Doc
29th Oct 2010, 10:43
Cheers! It was a request from a customer and I foolishly thought he had already tried the hotel. Do you know if you can leave it overnight if you are staying?

SilsoeSid
29th Oct 2010, 11:12
Absolutely no idea CD.

I would have thought that would be OK, but as with the car park, the usual no liability etc would probably apply!

Give them a call, send a confirmatory e-mail so the landowners permission is 'in writing' and maybe suggest to them that it might be a good opportunity for some photos of the hotel/aircraft to use for future promotions. Goodwill all round, any fees waived and good for future users.

Looking at google maps, mind those wires!

ShyTorque
30th Oct 2010, 07:29
Consider this one very carefully, including dimensions. There is a high wall all around the place (well, it is a castle) and there's an aviary inside it.

I chose not to....

FSXPilot
30th Oct 2010, 07:47
This may be why the guy was asking about alternatives. His helicopter his choice.

ShyTorque
30th Oct 2010, 08:58
Goodwill all round, any fees waived and good for future users.

I doubt that, there is definitely a landing fee (I think it was £75).

I looked carefully at photos and dimensions and eventually rejected it on safety grounds. I was especially concerned because it was a wedding occasion and we were going to be landing when most other folks (and kids) were already there.

OvertHawk
30th Oct 2010, 12:43
Never been there in a helicopter, but have attended a wedding there. If they are suggesting the area within the castle walls as the HLS (and i don''t recall seeing any suitable areas outside the walls) then i would deffo' reject it for the same reasons Shy' mentioned.
OH

muffin
30th Oct 2010, 18:28
Yes it is the area inside the walls - not for the faint hearted. I had a good look at it a few weeks ago and decided that if I did go in there I would not enjoy my lunch for worrying whether I would get out again.

There are a couple of hotels around Tarporley with HLS that you can use.

JTobias
30th Oct 2010, 20:53
Hi

I can recommend a place in Tarporley if that helps.
Not too far from Peckforton.

Joel :ok: