PDA

View Full Version : Is $1Trilian Dollar Cargo bussiness in Middle East about to END?

freeborn
25th Oct 2010, 23:54
Hi Guys
I like to ask/share
I think it looks like the afganistan (War Zones) logistics and all war income to cargo is about to end.
Do you guys think that this is the last year of this sweet income?
Please be honest and give your input for all of us to share couse maybe we need to foucus on into other markets.
Many Thanks and God bless you All.

a345xxx
26th Oct 2010, 02:54
Well they can and may start another war soon..........

Wizofoz
26th Oct 2010, 05:11
Iraq is swimming in oill and Afganistan in minerals.

If either can get it's act tigether politically (and, IMHO, that is more likely to happen WITHOUT gun-totting Americans "Helping") their ecconomies would boom.

There should be plenty of REAL commerce to replace the war-mongering.

Laker
26th Oct 2010, 07:02
WizofOz,

I am against war and not condoning these two but your statements seem a bit simple minded. Do you think Afghanistan (spelling) and Iraq have a better chance of "getting their acts together" without foreign influence? Look at the track record of the two countries.

Afghanistan has more or less been in a state of civil war since the 70's. Would the Taliban led government have ever discovered minerals or developed industry if left on their own? They seemed more concerned with torturing their own people than developing a prospering economy. What was the education level of the average Taliban leader? The US Geological survey discovered 1 trillion worth of untapped minerals in Afghanistan. As much as you hate US foreign policy you have to be pretty daft to suggest that all Afghanistan needs for the economy to "boom" is for all the foreigners to just leave the country to its own devices.

As for Iraq I think you have to go back to the 8th century to find a period of prosperity. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Wizofoz
26th Oct 2010, 07:21
Laker,

It's usually me who's the spelling (and grammar!!) Nazi!!

Afghanistan was a tolerant, secular state until foreign intervention destroyed it- It wasn't the Americans, but the Russians. Even under Russian control, people had a reasonable standard of living, and it was actually a time of greater equality for women than at almost any other time in it's history.

The coming of the Taliban was indeed one of the most tragic occurrences in modern history.

Remind me again who armed and supported the Mujahadeem against the Russians, and directly lead to the rule of the Taliban?

Iraq was relatively prosperous right up until it's invasion of Kuwait, which took place with Saddam assuming the Americans would support him, as they had done throughout the border conflict with Iran.

In both cases if the major powers had kept their noses out, both countries people would be much better off today (which, for many tens of thousands of them, would mean being alive rather than their current status of dead!)

777boyindubai
26th Oct 2010, 07:47
Incidently, Laker, Saddam won the UNESCO prize for literacy. Iraq had the highest calorific intake per capita, the most number of doctors per capita, women's rights unheard of in the region and tolerance of other religious minorities.

I am not defending Saddam. But, you did ask :)

a345xxx
26th Oct 2010, 07:52
I quote Tony Blair.... Iraq in the 70's had a higher GDP then countries in South East Asia like Malaysia and Singapore!

Then their beloved leader was cajoled into starting a war against Iran. The leader was promised full backing by this foreign power as it wanted vengeance for a certain embarrassing hostage incident in its embassy in Tehran!

I wonder who it was..............? :)

Laker
2nd Nov 2010, 04:54
WizofOz,

So do you think the CIA (USA) should have let the Russians invade and control Afghanistan? I understand it's quite fashionable to hate the americans these days but what do you think the best course of action was in that instance? What should they have done about the Taliban? Are you aware of who supported the Afghanis against the Russians first?

The Great Game (1826–1919)
Main article: European influence in Afghanistan

Collision between the expanding British and Russian Empires significantly influenced Afghanistan during the 19th century in what was termed "The Great Game". British concern over Russian advances in Central Asia and growing influence in Persia culminated in two Anglo-Afghan wars and "The Siege of Herat" 1837–1838, in which the Persians, trying to retake Afghanistan and throw out the British and Russians, sent armies into the country and fought the British mostly around and in the city of Herat. The first (1839–1842) resulted in the destruction of a British army; it is

EGGW
2nd Nov 2010, 04:57
This is heading into politics.

CLOSED.

EGGW.