PDA

View Full Version : EK and Dubai ...

RjAgCR
25th Oct 2010, 19:21
I have been reading quite a few threads in here about EK and DXB, mostly people complaning about the airline or living in Dubai ...

There has to be something good things about working for Emirates and living in Dubai ...

What's good about EK and DXB?

say it here... :ok:

Mister Warning
25th Oct 2010, 19:38
Leaving! :)

sheikmyarse
26th Oct 2010, 04:04
Agree ..the feeling must be just marvelous!!!

Jumeirah James
26th Oct 2010, 05:45
There's pages of stuff Rj. do a search and save peoples time repeating stuff :ok:

RjAgCR
26th Oct 2010, 21:16
I posted this thread because most info in here is about people complaning about EK and living in Dubai.. so I thought there would be a few happy people there but I see my expectations are high on this matter...lol

:eek:

Thanks anyways... I will have to take a vacation and experience Dubai for my self before sending the application .. :cool: Any good places to stay at that are wallet friendly..??? :sad: or am I hoping too much here too..??? lol

fly safe guys..!

donpizmeov
26th Oct 2010, 22:25
Its human nature to want others to support or agree with your opinion. But, after reading the huge amounts of information on here about life in the middle east and at EK, you still feel you need to ask for some good news. This I guess is to reinforce your decision that this is the place for you.
This sounds like the same process many flight deck crews went through just prior to a CFIT or some other loss of SA accident. Sadly many of these accidents did not end well, and if given the choice, a lot of these same flight deck crews may have made different decisions if given their time again.

Mate its great here.

I hope that statement over rules the multitude of evidence on here pointing otherwise. If it doesn't, apply toga and full back stick (or up to the PLIs if on the Boeing) and make sure that speed brake is stowed (or do it yourself if on the boeing).

EK is just another job. If you haven't got a job at the moment come on over. If you do have a job, work out why you want to leave it, and decide if EK will be any better. If you think it will be, come on over. But don't come over expecting a command in 3 or 4 yrs. Those days seem well and truly numbered.

The Don