PDA

View Full Version : Whats happening at EY?

polarus
25th Oct 2010, 17:02
Scores of pilots leaving,

LOTS and lots and lots of better jobs on the market with open arms for EY pilots

Lots of guys getting called out on their days off OR flights are grounded

NO pay raise or bonus because "they don`t deserve it"

Schedules late due to lack of crew to fly the AC

Poor Medical Coverage ...

This wasn`t the way it was when I joined so why is it happening now?

WHATS UP EY?

inciter
26th Oct 2010, 08:06
When Etihad started a few years back they were paying a bit over half of what they are paying now (which is not that much anyway).

So, it is not like they attracted the “cream” to set up their national airline. Without strong foundations you end up with the mess you have in your hands right now.

I just hope the shareholders who are obviously treated like mushrooms wake up one day and see the light.

To become the Best, you need to pay the Best to attract the Best.

Even today, does anybody know whether Etihad has anyone in management that actually came from a well respected and successful airline?

How about the latest addition to the VP ranks.

Such and such holds a Degree in BS and has held senior management positions in Ansett- now bust and Air New Zealand that would have gone bust if it wasn’t for a government bail-out.

Great!

av8sean
26th Oct 2010, 11:53
They won't even allow people to apply online for flight crew positions that are not typed in that certain aircraft... are they really that hard off?

Bredrin
26th Oct 2010, 11:58
Not true, know someone who just got hired on the 777 with only 737 as jet experience. Shame they didnt move the suffering ones off the 320 instead

chrispatrickGA
26th Oct 2010, 16:08
But EY is a good company:ugh: EY is a good company:ugh:euhhh ah yes EY is a good company!

But the way why this amount of pilots resigning this month and next month?
I dont get it at all.:E