PDA

View Full Version : Application in ME; Accident/incident history

inner
24th Oct 2010, 13:35
Hello

There is an issue i would like to come up with.

I noticed that if you want to apply in the ME, most of the operators require you have no accident/incident history.

2 years ago i was involved in an incident due to foreign object on the runway. Result was 2 tyres were exploded and aicraft was uncontrolable, no injuries at all.

Anyway because of that i"m feeling now as a victim of something that was completely beyond my power. And also that i'll be automatically rejected from applications in the ME.

Do you think when i apply in the ME i should say what has happened or just "shut up"?

Your opinions or experience please.

thx

Gulfstreamaviator
24th Oct 2010, 15:18
thats why they dont want you, if you have had accidents.

There are NO accidents in ME.

glf

inner
24th Oct 2010, 15:49
ok i regard your answer as: "just shut up".

ManaAdaSystem
24th Oct 2010, 17:31
Yes, just shut up.
Most of us, if not all, have been involved in one or more incidents. Most happenings that are not accidents are incidents.

NZ X man
24th Oct 2010, 21:08
Yes there are NO accidents in the ME, and yes you should say nothing about the unfortunate incident you had and apply anyway, there I said it.

Good Luck:eek:

pzu
25th Oct 2010, 01:15
OK I'm SLF (Retired) but have worked in ME & Africa (including for an Indian outfit);

OK keep shtum (sic) and get the job, but as they say 'it's a small world' and sooner or later something will out!!! :hmm:

Result - marching orders, marching orders + the slammer or even some form of pressure/blackmail; :ouch:

PZU - Out of Africa (Retired)

jimmyg
25th Oct 2010, 04:49
Yeah sure no incidents, heck I even put it down on my C/V that I have had a number of such.

They make good stories during your interview and how as crew you handled the situation.

More to the point was it an accidents/incident caused by crew gross neglect, that can be a problem.

Here is a similar one of mine:

Hot day max T/O weight long takeoff roll, tire shred at V1. Long story short determined to continue to destination rather than risk return overweight. At destination landing roll shredded side walls of tire ripped out brake lines spraying hyd fluid. Lots of smoke, fire crew at gear, tower or descret emger freq will not tell me if there is fire; evacuate or not? asked my first to open window have a look; no fire, pax remain seated.

Bring a copy of the report. Most who have been around long enough and worth their salt have some good stories.