PDA

View Full Version : How mant GA pilots in the U.k????

G-OAT
22nd Oct 2010, 15:27
Anybody know the answers to the questions below ?

1) I am trying to find out how many G.A pilot there are presumed in the U.K

2) How many Pooleys flight Guides are sold in the U.K yearly, and previous years sales if info to hand ?

Any help much appreciated

RMK
22nd Oct 2010, 20:06
If your seeking to calculate the ratio of Pooleys Guide purchases to pilots, I think the number is about to start dropping – I’m not buying any more.

It’s about time they moved into the 21st century with the rest of us and supplied information in electronic format. I called them during this year inquiring about availability of electronic copies and it seems there is some disagreement within their company whether they should make the move.

If they come out with their 2011 offerings and no one buys; maybe they’ll get the message.

61 Lafite
22nd Oct 2010, 20:26
Pooleys information is available electronically on the Flymap system. Not sure how it's managed.

I tend not to buy it every year anyway - details can be checked with a phone call.

It does seem to me to be the perfect application for a web-based service, particularly if it was possible over WAP for smartphones.

Lafite

s1lverback
25th Oct 2010, 12:38
I get the AFE guide and download latest AD info if/when required from relevant AIP.

It (AFE guide) gives the mother-in-law something useful to buy me at Christmas :}

Jeppview with updates has the lot.

Aucky
26th Oct 2010, 21:13
If your using pilotwizz pro on iphone you can download the most up to date AIP AD plates free, granted they're a little busy looking on a small screen, and more cluttered than the pooleys/jep but all the data is there and you can't go wrong with the source documentation. Sorry i can't be any help with the numbers...

Aucky