PDA

View Full Version : Do We Need A Separate D,G+P Jet Blast Forum?

airsupport
19th Oct 2010, 06:39
As mentioned on the ''Moderators Impartiality'' thread, I think it would be a good idea if there was a Jet Blast Forum on D,G +P, leaving the other two (Current) Forums for serious topics. :ok:

Also should make Life easier for the Mods. ;)

What do you think???

tail wheel
19th Oct 2010, 06:51
You could ask - but the "powers that be" will never agree.

They consider us sufficiently "different" to have two forums - Reporting Points (airline news items) and GA & Questions - unlike other geographical areas who are lucky to get one forum.

I can't comment on Jetblast as I haven't visited that forum for years.

The Green Goblin
19th Oct 2010, 06:53
We used to have 4 forums! Surely we can get an extra one back :ok:

Fonz121
19th Oct 2010, 06:59
YES!

Been thinking this for ages. There are a lot of Australian topics which feel like they don't belong in Jetblast but you can't put them here either where the right audience can see it. I often just find myself visiting another forum for my non aviation current affairs fix.

airsupport
19th Oct 2010, 07:01
You could ask - but the "powers that be" will never agree.

They consider us sufficiently "different" to have two forums - Reporting Points (airline news items) and GA & Questions - unlike other geographical areas who are lucky to get one forum.

I can't comment on Jetblast as I haven't visited that forum for years.

I did ask........ ;)

I also never visit the real Jet Blast, however I still think we could have one of our own, if only to have a go at the Poms about the upcoming Ashes slaughter of England. :E

But seriously, to allow a place for those kind of posts relevant to D,G+P, but keeping the two current Forums for serious business. :ok:

tail wheel
19th Oct 2010, 07:01
I don't recall four Dunnunda forums but you may be correct.

I've been here since 1996 (only one original forum) and only recall three Dunnunda forums, but don't recall the name of the third forum.

PPRuNe policy is to reduce and consolidate forums where appropriate, rather than creating more forums.

I suspect Management are not exactly ardent supporters of Jetblast type forums....... :E

Feel free to contact Danny and/or PPRuNe Towers with your request.

airsupport
19th Oct 2010, 07:03
PS....... I wanted to also post a poll about it, but could not see how to???? :(

tail wheel
19th Oct 2010, 07:06
Done.

The Poll closes in 21 days.

The Green Goblin
19th Oct 2010, 07:16
Who has a better memory than me?

We used to have 4

Airline/RPT
DG questions
DG charter
DG Wannabees (might have been flight training or something)

Or something along those lines.

airsupport
19th Oct 2010, 07:21
Done.

The Poll closes in 21 days.

Thank you. :ok:

Don't know if it will have any affect of the PPRuNe Towers people, but at least we will get an idea of support/non support for it.

henry crun
19th Oct 2010, 07:41
All sorts of topics are discussed in JB, anyone can use it to start threads on whatever subject they like, so why do you want another one ? :confused:

empacher48
19th Oct 2010, 08:01
I haven't been here for that long, but for the first two years there were 4 forums in D&G. Got whittled down to the present two due to too much bandwidth being consumed by us antipodean folk. Or so the story went.

airsupport
19th Oct 2010, 08:30
why do you want another one

I don't mind either way, as I said I never visit the other one anyway.

Just seemed to me after reading some of the postings on the D,G+P Forums lately that we could do with one.

A place for D,G+P ites to debate whatever they like relevant to this great part of the World, leaving the two current Forums to serious aircraft business.

Also I think it would make Life much easier for the D,G+P Moderators.

Howard Hughes
19th Oct 2010, 08:39
I don't think we need an Aussie specific JB, I mean what's the point of hanging it Yanks, Brits, French, etc... without a Worldwide audience? Just wouldn't be the same!;)

The Green Goblin
19th Oct 2010, 08:42
It would be a nice spot to resume the Kiwi debate, allow the boys a little more ego stroking (you know who you are) and have a non aviation related chat.

The main problem with Jetblast is not many D&G posters even go there, so once the thread is moved it dies a quick death. I know I have maybe visited it a handful of times in the eight or so years I have been here.

Diesel Fitter
19th Oct 2010, 08:59
All sorts of topics are discussed in JB, anyone can use it to start threads on whatever subject they like, so why do you want another one ?

If only that were true Mr Crun - for reasons outlined here (http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions/430871-moderators-impartiality.html#post6001902).

henry crun
19th Oct 2010, 09:20
If you want forums where you can slag off in true Ocker style, why restrict your request to just JB ? you should be asking for....

D&G Tech Log,
and D&G Terms and Endearment,
and D&G Cabin Crew,
and D&G Cabin Crew Wannabes,
and D&G Freight Dogs,
and D&G Military Aircrew,
and D&G Flight Testing,
and D&G Professional Pilot Training,
and D&G Inteviews, jobs & sponsorship,
and D&G ATC Issues,
and D&G Engineers & Techs,
and D&G Flight/Ground Ops,
and D&GSafety, CRM etc,
and D&G Medical & Health,
and D&G Questions,
and D&G Biz Jets, Ag Flying,
and D&G Flying Instructors & Examiners,
and D&G Non Airline Transport Stuff,
and D&G Spotters Corner,
and D&G Av History & Nostalgia,
and D&G Bashes,
and D&G Night Stop,
and D&G Where Are They Now,
and D&G Pax & SLF,
and D&G Computer Issues.

There ! that should cover it.

The Green Goblin
19th Oct 2010, 09:28
That would be excellent crun, however you forgot the Pacific in D & G :ok:

henry crun
19th Oct 2010, 09:53
That was a deliberate omission Goblin, because I think the people from the Pacific are far more polite than the average uncouth Ocker.
If truth be known, so are most Kiwis, but I included the G to cover the few might have adopted the Ocker practice.

airsupport
19th Oct 2010, 09:56
It would be a nice spot to resume the Kiwi debate, allow the boys a little more ego stroking (you know who you are) and have a non aviation related chat.

The main problem with Jetblast is not many D&G posters even go there, so once the thread is moved it dies a quick death. I know I have maybe visited it a handful of times in the eight or so years I have been here.

Exactly, I was myself following and participating in a thread here some time ago, then it was suddenly moved to Jet Blast, I didn't bother even looking at it again, but would have if it had of remained in D,G+P.

airsupport
19th Oct 2010, 10:02
I think the people from the Pacific are far more polite than the average uncouth Ocker.

See, the way THIS thread is going it may become the first thread in the new D,G+P Jet Blast Forum. :rolleyes: :eek:

Plazbot
19th Oct 2010, 10:24
What does Vernon want?

Checkboard
19th Oct 2010, 10:24
The current JetBlast forum used to be almost exclusively Australian. Aussies made up about 60% of the total postings on PPRuNe when I first joined (a lot of that in JB, admittedly). It was when JB was rather aggressively cleaned up before the sale of PPRuNe (it used to be pretty blue) that the Aussies drifted away ...

FokkerInYour12
19th Oct 2010, 10:31
D&G FIGJAM is the only required additional forum.

Jabawocky
19th Oct 2010, 11:08
Fokker has a point :}

At least its not as far to go when threads get binned!

And the Mods who get banned from Jetblast will be welcome up here in D&G when discussing political truths! :E:ooh:;) Unlike Jetblast..................

frigatebird
19th Oct 2010, 12:02
Do you believe in the Tooth Fairy too, Jaba..? Political Truths..!?! Politics is the art of the possible,..and manipulation,.. core and non-core election promises,.. never, ever have a GST,.. all negotiable, it seems.. Need a forum?.. Na, one Jetblast is enough! (Only visit it to observe, -great wit at times- when I need some light comic relief, -form my own opinions from other sources thanks, without someone trying to ram theirs down my throat)

Ned Parsnip
19th Oct 2010, 12:13
That was a deliberate omission Goblin, because I think the people from the Pacific are far more polite than the average uncouth Ocker.That post speaks volumes crun. Absolute volumes!

And together with prior posts, sound awfully like sour grapes to me from someone clearly opposed to the possibility of those damned uppity colonials finally in 2010 being allowed freedom of speech on political matters etc.

Current poll results suggest that this position is not very popular and the overwhelming majority in D&G join me in welcoming it.

tail wheel
19th Oct 2010, 12:20
The main problem with Jetblast is not many D&G posters even go there.

May have something to do with D&G'ers having a higher collective IQ than the mob that normally frequent JetBlast? :E

Flying Binghi
19th Oct 2010, 12:35
...D&G'ers having a higher collective IQ...

Heh, i see from the voting trend line colors that the yes side will probably get some of them labor people donky votes just because they dont vote 'blue'....;)

Perhaps a third green colored voting option is required for them who have no idea what they want...

waren9
19th Oct 2010, 13:33
May have something to do with D&G'ers having a higher collective IQ than the mob that normally frequent JetBlast? http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif

This oughta be a bit of sport. I'm starting a thread in JB with this title.

Written by a Mod, no less!

airsupport
19th Oct 2010, 18:47
Okay, so of the people that have taken the time to vote, it is still running at around 80% in favour of a D,G+P Jet Blast Forum. :ok:

airsupport
19th Oct 2010, 19:04
This oughta be a bit of sport. I'm starting a thread in JB with this title.

Just checked it out, they don't seem to mind at all. ;)

tinpis
19th Oct 2010, 20:24
I think there should be a separate Queensland/Gold Coast Dunny

Frank Arouet
19th Oct 2010, 21:54
Yaawn!:rolleyes: I'm staying at home today to shampoo the chooks.

Jack Ranga
19th Oct 2010, 23:38
Yeah, bit bored meself, might go and FEED the chooks :ok:

Peter Fanelli
20th Oct 2010, 00:36
I think there should be a separate Queensland/Gold Coast Dunny

I thought Queensland/Gold coast was a dunny!

Jabawocky
20th Oct 2010, 01:36
Tooth Fairy.......what do you mean, she is real.....ain't she??? :{

185skywagon
20th Oct 2010, 01:40
Jaba,
I just voted for ya, man. oops.

would be an interesting forum as long as Red T and Ned turn up.

Counter-rotation
20th Oct 2010, 01:55
why do you want another one

Ah, it's Godzone, but more importantly

1) it's Dunnunda

AND

2) it's aviation related

Soooooo,

We simply MUST be different to everybody else in the world!! :}

CR

Jabawocky
20th Oct 2010, 02:08
185..... Thats all good with me.

I think Tail Wheel knows I have a a major contribution to the "Higher Collective IQ" and has offered to protect me from any possible future forum :ok:

Have been waiting to see how that line of the Poll progressed :)

Quote:
The main problem with Jetblast is not many D&G posters even go there.
May have something to do with D&G'ers having a higher collective IQ than the mob that normally frequent JetBlast? http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif

Howard Hughes
20th Oct 2010, 02:17
Hang on a minute, there seems to be more options now than when I voted...:{

airsupport
20th Oct 2010, 04:17
Yes someone has added more options. :ugh:

All that will do is completely confuse any NON Aussies that read the topic. ;)

tail wheel
20th Oct 2010, 04:34
. I'll bet no one else works out how to do this.............
......................................... :E .........................................

Chimbu chuckles
20th Oct 2010, 05:32
I was permanently banned AGES ago from JB - for expressing predominately right wings views AND explaining to Red Tbar some of his character flaws and the flaws in his left wing world view....personally I think they did me a favour.

Life is much better when you DONT read news papers, watch the TV news or participate in Pprune Jetblast.

Frank Arouet
20th Oct 2010, 05:37
If this develops into something like the Jetblast Cane toad thread, the whole show could mutate into a Red T sanctioned and dominated Pommie Commo plot to riducule us poor conservatives that don't need further grief.

What we have to put up with in the bush these days..., the Enviro-nazi's grip on power without the brains to manage that power has our local publican rooted because he hasn't any water to dilute the beer.

Chooks all clean, now to feed them.:E

Popgun
20th Oct 2010, 06:23
I used to be an avid lurker on PPRuNe in the early days and then finally joined in 1999.

There came a time when logging on ceased to be either fun OR informative and, while I didn't hand in my membership handle, I rarely logged on because there was too much mis-information, vitriol, negativity and hidden agenda.

I know many guys who felt the same way and who did, unfortunately, decide to stop visiting PPRuNe for good.

I would support any measure that returns some professional credibility to this site so that we again have an internet forum that most pilots in Australia feel they can participate in with some sense of integrity.

In my 20-something year career there has never been a more urgent need for Aussie aviators to engage in frank and timely communication with each other. Perhaps PPRuNe DG&P Reporting Points could be this vehicle again?

If a distinct DG&P Jet Blast helps facilitate these objectives...then I'm all for it.

PG

Frank Arouet
20th Oct 2010, 06:39
to engage in frank

Go and root your boot you bloody troublemaker.:uhoh:

codenamejames
20th Oct 2010, 07:31
too much mis-information, vitriol, negativity and hidden agenda.

Good call Popgun - I think many potential posters are scared off by the less timid knocking round pprune.

I think there's also something to be said for DG&P General Aviation & Questions (http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions-91/) being a place for STUDENTS, INSTRUCTORS not just charter guys or those that are committed to climbing the aviation dream ladder as quickly as possible.

I love seeing pics of people's flying adventures around D & G, love hearing their stories but I think some of the threads should be moved elsewhere on pprune - so perhaps this new JetBlast sub-forum will go some way to solving this sentiment.

Senior Pilot
20th Oct 2010, 09:10
No idea: how do you do it?

Trent 972
20th Oct 2010, 09:49
Very small minds. That's how you do it :p

Jabawocky
20th Oct 2010, 12:00
..........change the font colour????...
......................................... :} .........................................

tail wheel
20th Oct 2010, 13:02
If Jabba can work it out, anyone can.............
............................... :}

Jack Ranga
20th Oct 2010, 21:10
You don't think all the communists from the other jetblast wont park themselves on the D&G Jetblast if it got up?

Poms can't help themselves, they know we've taken a broken model and made it better (England v Australia)

As for the kiwis, why is there more than a million of them in Australia? How many Aussies have immigrated to NZ? mmmmmmm

Jober.as.a.Sudge
20th Oct 2010, 21:34
...so that we again have an internet forum that most pilots <snip> feel they can participate in with some sense of integrity...

hoorah! :ok:

Stikybeke
20th Oct 2010, 23:08
Poms can't help themselves

I am now complete...

Stiky
:)

Jabawocky
20th Oct 2010, 23:15
............................... :}

That may be true but you don't need to advertise the fact :sad:

I want to be the moderator so I can ban Tailwheels ass at random! :}

J:E

Frank Arouet
20th Oct 2010, 23:40
Power would corrupt you.:\

Tail_Wheel
20th Oct 2010, 23:45
Why ban me? :confused:

I'm innocent Your Honour! :=

Ratshit
21st Oct 2010, 01:37
Geez, TW has dropped his guard and shown he actually does have a sense of humour!

This could spell the end of DG&P General Aviation & Questions (http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions-91/)

Oops!

Howard Hughes
21st Oct 2010, 03:57
Why ban me?
Why not?:E

HercFeend
22nd Oct 2010, 01:41
(a)Poms can't help themselves, they know we've taken a broken model and made it better (England v Australia)

(b)As for the kiwis, why is there more than a million of them in Australia? How many Aussies have immigrated to NZ? mmmmmmm

lol...you guys! You 'were' ok for a while but now you suck at everything, in particular cricket and rugby (who the fu*k cares about league) and you're the only buggers who play that dumb arse game 'Aussie Rule', hey maybe you should start a "World Series" in that - at least then you'd be world champs at something....lmfao :D

As for kiwi's in oz - a million? Another uneducated red neck who can't do his sums ;) And migration is only one way cos most of you wouldn't be able to point out NZ on a map - except the smart ones amongst you, which we'll have - thanks :}:}:}

ForkTailedDrKiller
22nd Oct 2010, 02:10
I lived and worked in UnZud for 4 years back in the '80s, and as often asked by the natives, "Why would you want to come here"?

My standard reply was, "I signed up for a foreign aid project - and this is where they sent me"! :E

Dr :8

Atlas Shrugged
22nd Oct 2010, 02:26
Why don't we just go on a "Road Trip" to JB? :E :E

troppo
22nd Oct 2010, 09:18
Hercfeend is almost with the programme. As a sheepshagger (nearly tried a goat in labasa) happy to admit our best sheep are spit roasted, seasoned and basted to perfection for export. It meats (sic) the Australian palete. Every piece of lamb has had some loving before the poorer neighbour sinks their teeth into it and says 'kiwi lamb' is good isn't it? Yes we need our own JB

airsupport
23rd Oct 2010, 05:17
Maybe we do NOT need our own Jet Blast Forum. ;)

Between this thread and the one about Impartial Moderators, we seem to already have enough Jet Blast.............. :rolleyes:

slamer.
24th Oct 2010, 08:54
Spit roasting a sheep.....:eek:....the mind boggles

tail wheel
25th Oct 2010, 09:06
I am shutting down the Polls in Dunnunda Forum as there is some indication the Polls are related to our time/date stamp problem.

Arm Up A Cows Bum
25th Oct 2010, 09:50
Damn! I was hoping to see Jaba banned! :E

AuaCB

HarleyD
25th Oct 2010, 22:50
Maybe we do need a D&G JB so we can post urgent operational information from CASA, like this:

CASA Forum: Welcome to the CASA Forum website (http://www.casa.org.au/)

HD

Jabawocky
26th Oct 2010, 00:31
Harley D http://www.beechtalk.com/forums/images/smilies/coffeescreen.gif http://www.beechtalk.com/forums/images/smilies/rofl02.gif

Worrals in the wilds
26th Oct 2010, 03:37
That's not the CASA we all know and love because
1. They actually seem to do something useful.
2. They go out of their way to stop people being rogered against their will :}

Danny2
26th Oct 2010, 06:12
As stated elsewhere, there is no "time stamp" problem with this forum:

Time to untwist your knickers ladies! The reason you see a different 'last post' time stamp on the thread list when compared to the last post in the thread is because there is a poll in the threads you are fretting about.

If a thread has a poll attached then every time someone votes in the poll the thread 'last post' time is updated. If this didn't happen and no one actually made a new post to the thread with the poll then that thread would slip down the list until it wasn't on the first page as other threads were updated with new posts.

It's not rocket science and nothing is broken. Just one of the ways threads with polls stay 'active' if there is a lot of voting but no new posts.

Pinky the pilot
27th Oct 2010, 04:55
I"d be in favour of an Aussie 'Jet Blast' but not called that.
Anyone care to suggest a suitable name?

Got NFI m'self.:confused:

airsupport
27th Oct 2010, 05:08
How about ''PROP WASH" :ok:

Flying Binghi
27th Oct 2010, 07:13
OzBlast ....:cool:

werbil
27th Oct 2010, 10:12
Buzz Bombs

Couldn't help myself.