PDA

View Full Version : Hours Per Year Information

valve guide
18th Oct 2010, 08:52
Is there anyway I can check somewhere to find out the historical data on a helicopter as to the number of hours flown in a year. For example if I look at G-INFO it will tell me a specific hours reading at a specific date but is there anyway I can see what that was, say a year ago? Thanks.

helicopter-redeye
18th Oct 2010, 09:25
The aircrafts maintenance records for the airframe and engine will give the figures at each check interval.

valve guide
18th Oct 2010, 09:27
Thanks Red eye, but I wanted to see if there was any way of checking this over a number of helicopters and therefore wouldn't have access to their records.

bolkow
18th Oct 2010, 09:27
I not aware of any place you can get that type of infoprmation other than from an operator direct. If you multiply the total last given in the G-INFO site and divide by the amount of years the aircraft has operated yuo can certainly get an idea of what its likely to have been around a given time? But as far as I am aware only the operatopr would known that kind of detail.

ShyTorque
18th Oct 2010, 10:32
This information isn't in the public domain, and why should it be?

Most operators/owners consider this as either commercial in confidence, or a private matter. A bit like asking to find a copy of someone else's past MOT certificates for their car.

JTobias
18th Oct 2010, 11:45
Hi

When I bought my machine (Jet Ranger) I created a spreadsheet with data obtained from G-INFO and calculated the average usage based on age and last reported hours.

Joel :ok: