PDA

View Full Version : Military Aircraft at Yorkshire Air Museum Elvington

7of9
18th Oct 2010, 07:45
My Wife, Gill & I Flew to Elvington In Sandtoft's Cessna 172 G-BAEO on Saturday 16/10/2010 to take some photo's of the Nimrod & Victor from the air & also Pick up Ian & James so they could see the layout for the night shoot & get some photo's themselves.
Here are a few Photo's of the trip over & Back & also of the Museum from above. All Airborne photo's taken By Gillian Marshall.

After Flying to Elvington Earlier in the day I drove to Elvington for the Night Shoot.
Here are some of my Favourites. All Ground Photo's & Night Photo's taken by myself.

Yorkshire Air Museum Elvington. :: Fotopic.Net (http://trevor1019.fotopic.net/c1907784.html)

Hope these are of interest to some of you that have flown the various aircraft in the past.

Thanks for looking

Trev

green granite
18th Oct 2010, 08:42
Nice set of photos, thanks for posting them.

foldingwings
18th Oct 2010, 18:03
That's my (well, the Buccaneer Aircrew Association's) Buccaneer and it's not pink (any more) it's just undergone a complete repaint job and by heck it looks much better than it did when we bought it in 1995 (in sand pink)!

Great photos by the way!

Foldie:ok:

PS. Did you see my (well, the Buccaneer Aircrew Association's) WE177 as well?

chiglet
18th Oct 2010, 22:04
Nice to see "my" Meteor NF14[T] has been repaired...Tailplane fillet, repaint etc, but it is still in the wrong colour scheme.
This a/c was obtained as a "Gate Guard" at RAF Patrington in 1967[ish] and I was tasked with repainting it....after the Station Commander had heard my comments to my mate, about a Silver and Daglo [sp] trainer on a "Fighter Command Master Radar Station".
My CO went to Humbol, and blagged 3 gallons of their new "Authentic Colours" range. All Humbrol wanted was a photo of the finished article. As the NF14 was still on the Secret list at that time??? pukka photos' were in short supply, so I used a Meteor F8 as a model :(.
IE "Day" Fighter camoflage, rather than "Night" Fighter.
This a/c has featured in the St Micheals Book of Aircraft amongst others. I have emailed Elvington about my error, but no acknowledgement so far.

DeepestSouth
18th Oct 2010, 22:05
Brilliant airborne shots - takes me back to Yorkshire UAS in 1970-72 - all those Navex turning points - Drax, Elvington, Goole, York Minster, Selby ...! Oh, and the sight and sound (even over the Chipmunk's Gipsy) of a potential world-land-speed record car blasting down Elvington's runway. Terrible visibility but we could hear it!

Tashengurt
18th Oct 2010, 22:40
Took my son to the museum this summer. It was very nice. It was the first time a museum's made me feel old though. The external exhibits could easily have been the VAS line at Leuchars when I was there! :sad:

NutLoose
19th Oct 2010, 03:13
So Folding wings did you sell all of your surplus pink paint to Bruntingthorpe ? ...... Cringe.... :uhoh:

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/5/0/9/1722905.jpg

PS. Did you see my (well, the Buccaneer Aircrew Association's) WE177 as well?

I erm gave it a little gentle friendly Kick, always wanted to do that since having to fart around with them in real life......................... Sorry

:\

fallmonk
19th Oct 2010, 06:35
Great pictures thanks for sharing ,
and what a great collection !