PDA

View Full Version : DEWA Visit to EK Accommodation

777boyindubai
16th Oct 2010, 05:06
Just had a visit from a guy from DEWA. They are handing out forms that request literally every piece of information possible on us. These details include passport number, Emirates ID number etc. Why I asked? "So we can know who is living where" We all know how desperate the Government of Dubai is for money. I am sure this will be an information grab and that they will come around with a bill for 5% for the Municipality tax. EK will not help us and say it is none of their business. They will say that the 21800 AED cap is for usage only and that we MUST pay the 5%. Please do not co-operate and tell the DEWA guys to go to EK accommodation. Let Hussein and Ahlam, those poor overworked and beloved staff members in EGHQ, deal with this. Remember, with your passport number they can put a block on people leaving and do any of us really trust our details being in the hands of some worker from DEWA? :confused: I certainly don't.

jackbauer
16th Oct 2010, 06:07
Glad to see the paranoid conspiracy theorists are still posting! I think DEWA are preparing for the next alien landing myself, that or Elvis is doing a concert in The Burj. Get a life fella!

nolimitholdem
16th Oct 2010, 08:20
Makes sense to me to refer any company accommodation issue to the company accommodation department. Otherwise as usual EK will try and play it both ways - claim control over something when it suits them, back away from responsibility when it suits them.

Elvis sightings notwithstanding. Whatever the f$ck that was about.

Craic Ore
16th Oct 2010, 09:42
You are in company accommodate for a reason remember. To make things easy and wash your hands of all of this. Refer it all back to EK accommodation department. Pretty simple really.

Check 'Six'
16th Oct 2010, 09:55
I agree,

I got the visit this morning too. Refer to Emirates please.

Check Six

Capt. Flamingo
16th Oct 2010, 12:08
Are they wearing a red jacket? Somebody rang my bell but I was sleeping, and I just saw a guy with a red jacket getting into the elevator. Plus it was like at 9am, no thanks! Sleeping time.

MumbaiRadio
16th Oct 2010, 16:13
Form already bounced back to EK accomodation. I don't deal with DEWA and never will.. end of story.., back to my chicken masala..