PDA

View Full Version : Fuel supply cut off to Paris airports

tubby linton
15th Oct 2010, 19:19
Item from the BBC
BBC News - Fuel supply to Paris airports cut amid pension strikes (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11549694)

Flightmech
15th Oct 2010, 20:56
We've been told to expect alot more FedEx flights tech-stopping in STN & CGN as early as Monday so they can tanker through CDG. If it's not ATC, Fire Service etc there's always someone else willing to scupper your plans in CDG:ugh:

wiggy
16th Oct 2010, 09:36
Don't worry there is a Bank Holiday coming up (Toussaint) so the strikers will soon be on days off.......

Of course since if this carries on there's going to be no fuel for the lorries to get to/from CDG so planning freight operations into or out of France might be a bit irrelevant. :sad:

As an aside even if they have fuel the lorry drivers probably won't be prepared to drive past the hoardes of striking college kids, who are being nicely manipulated by the union ringleading all this, the CGT.

Meanwhile the boys and girls of the CRS are licking their lips....

Rant off, have a good "weekend"....(that's French for weekend BTW :O).

Capetonian
16th Oct 2010, 09:41
As Mothy Pynton said : "Due to unforeseen circumstances, i.e the permanent strike of French Air Traffic Control."

I used to think that these French strikers were uu-ankers, but I've realised that they're even too lazy to do that, they expect someone to hold their willies for them.

JKKne
16th Oct 2010, 09:52
Even the secondary students are clashing with riot police.

I don't think Sarkozy will allow the airports to shut, he'll do what he did on Friday, send the riot police in to break the pickets and the pickets pop up elsewhere, he won't be concerned in the short term as long as it's not over the airport

derelicte
16th Oct 2010, 10:04
Any ideas if this will affect Corsica? I am going to Figari next week and I am hoping they get their fuel from Italy.

ChristiaanJ
16th Oct 2010, 14:30
derelicte,

With the ongoing strike in the Marseille port, Corsica already has been shipping in fuel from Italy, but that's for cars, lorries, heating and suchlike.
I haven't seen anything about aviation fuel.

CJ

mtogw
16th Oct 2010, 17:40
Aaaah... happy days when the Fedex contingency plan kicked into action and shifted everything from CDG (and previously BRU) to good old STN !!!