PDA

View Full Version : Business/Corporate market in the Middle East

M100 Elan
15th Oct 2010, 18:08
Though there are obviously the right aircraft types in the Middle East, is there much business/corporate helicopter use in the region? One has seen an explosion in Biz Jets that doesn't seem to have been matched by any similar growth in company/corporate helicopters? And how much of the flying done by the bigger players in the Emirates (ADA, Falcon, HeliDubai) would count as business/corporate? Is it a question of my mistaken perception or is it reality? If the latter, why would that be, and are changes likely? Questions, questions..... but I'd be ever so grateful for any insight!

paco
16th Oct 2010, 04:15
I can only speak for the UAE, as i did several ops manuals down there for corporate entities - there are some, but the GCAA simply do not want them, so they are not as widespread as they could be. They put so many obstacles int the way.

If you manage to get employed by one of them, ensure you have a backup plan for the first month where you don't get paid. Don't hang in there thinking you will get paid sometime.

Phil

M100 Elan
16th Oct 2010, 19:01
That was very much the impression I got, with lots of obstacles in the way of business/corporate helicopter transport even in the UAE, let alone elsewhere. Yet Honeywell's latest helicopter forecast seems to expect a lot of corporate helicopter sales. "In Africa/Middle East, oil and gas support and utility applications remain most frequently mentioned at about 46 percent, followed by corporate use at 44 percent." PS: Is it just me, or is PPRune running especially slowly at the mo?