PDA

View Full Version : B737NG Type Rating school?

bodarek
14th Oct 2010, 15:23
Hi fellow pilots,

i'm looking to get a B737NG type rating next month and i would like to gather some feedbacks for a few training centers i'm thinking about.
AeroStar in Orlando
Panam in Miami (apparently the worst so no need to tell me how much it is a waste)
FTI (Flight Training International) in Miami
SimCenter in Miami
HPA (Higher Power Aviation) close to Dallas, TX

Of course if you guys know other training centers that are good i'm open to suggestions, however it has to be on the east side of US (and preferably somewhere warm since i wanna go next month)

Thanks everyone for reading this and for your advices.
Cheers

PosClimb
15th Oct 2010, 15:45
Why is Panam the worst for the type rating?

I haven't read anything bad.

bodarek
15th Oct 2010, 15:55
cause before posting this thread i looked up other threads and i actually haven't found a single one saying smthg good about it.
i think there is one called "panam aviation school?", check it out, and that's not the only one...

frogone
15th Oct 2010, 15:56
I've used HPA in Dallas. Their NG sim is fairly new and the training centre was good and the people friendly.

The instructor I had, had not flown the type, but I have experience on it, so for me it was not a big problem.

Also the price for the course that I took (accelerated B737NG) was the best quote I got.

In a nutshell, I'd use them again.

bodarek
15th Oct 2010, 16:03
so now i'm down to 3:

PanAm ($13k +)
Aerostar ($13k)
HPA ($10,900)
all prices for the B737NG with SOE restriction and crew price (i.e min2pers)

the thing is HPA seems to be a real good center and the cheapest of the 3 and i'd like to go there but it would be more practical for me to go to PanAm in miami since i'm going to do the line training right after with Eagle Jet...

Also to be considered Panam is the most expensive of the 3 but also has more FBS hours (Fixed base sim) and FFS (full flight sim) than the other ones...

ZAZOO
16th Oct 2010, 21:45
Dunno what your flying background is concerning Jets bodarek.....But with regards to getting your 737 type, I think HPA is the way to go.

Great facility and excellent training going on down there in Dallas.

Zaz

PosClimb
18th Oct 2010, 01:15
If anyone has recently done a Type Rating at Panam in Miami, please PM me.

I'd like to hear a first hand account from someone who has actually recently been there.

Staff moral and general professionalism are two very important things for me.

bodarek
18th Oct 2010, 03:04
Thanks for your feedback zazou, indeed HPA seems to be a pretty good center as i haven't crossed a single bad comment about them and they seem very professional from what i got talking to them.
However as i said i'd rather go to Panam for several practical reasons but despite HPA it seems hard to find good feedbacks.
So I join PosClimb in his request. i would like to have the opinions of people that have recently done a type rating over there (let say in the last 6 months).
Thanks for sharing everyone anyway...

cheers

North Pilot
31st Oct 2010, 17:17
Have you heard of Jet Flight Training?

They're meant to be decent.