PDA

View Full Version : MERGED: Cessna 207 POH

Ixixly
14th Oct 2010, 07:04
Hi all,

Tried searching for any links on here to a downloadable C207 Manual...unfortunately the only results I got are for the infamous C209, god i'd like to fly one of them someday...

ANYWHO, does anyone happen to know where I might find a C207 POH online to download? Any help is much appreciated,
Thanks!

goldypilot
14th Oct 2010, 07:14
Try the chief pilot of Katherine Aviation. He might help you out:cool:

Frank Arouet
14th Oct 2010, 09:10
PM me if you don't do any good. I have one here somewhere that I'll lend you to photocopy, but it'll take me a day to sort through my junk.

They weren't all that good you know.

Cheers.

MyNameIsIs
14th Oct 2010, 15:06
They weren't all that good you know.

The 207? I'll second that. Horrible machine. Only flew one - and it was supposedly a bit of a beefed-up/better version - but I'll tar them all with the same crappy brush :E

an3_bolt
14th Oct 2010, 19:48
The 207? I'll second that. Horrible machine.
Third that! The best of that crap was the IO550 Bonaire conversion with the Black Mac prop. Turbo was too heavy and the regular just crap. Ohhhh the memories.........

But that C209 - wow!!!

Ixixly
15th Oct 2010, 00:50
Alright, allllright, yes its not the greatest machine ever...but the fact still remains i'll probably still be required to fly one and as such would like to know as much as possible before beginning!

So, once again, anyone know where to find one?! :P

Chief Wiggam
15th Oct 2010, 01:04
as such would like to know as much as possible before beginning
For this particular aeroplane.......... power + attitude does NOT = performance :E

DC-2
31st Oct 2011, 14:12
Hey guys I have searched the internet and cannot find a C207 POH, does anyone know where I can obtain one from?

Thanks in advance :)

Ixixly
31st Oct 2011, 14:29
I enquired about the same thing a while back as well with no success, might I ask what you require one for? Can I assume you've gotten a job that will involve flying one?

If this is the case you're best bet would be to simply ask for a copy of their Ops Manual to be emailed to you if possible as it'll outline a lot of what you need to know!! Most of the procedures you'll find are the same as a C206, it really is just a longer version, and pretty much the same operating speeds from what I recall, its just the loading which is different...not difficult though, just stack the nose with as much as you can (to the limit... :E) then load heaviest crap forward and you'll be right!!

Personally I have a bunch of hours flying the C207 and actually quite liked the old beasts, they take a bit of getting used to though :D I don't care what the others say, 600+kg of freight and still getting 500fpm on a 38degree day in a single engine piston is doing just fine by me! 1500-2000fpm climbs when empty can get you through more than a few small holes on a crappy weather day too!! :E

MakeItHappenCaptain
1st Nov 2011, 01:46
Pm me. .

MACH082
1st Nov 2011, 05:01
Screw the C207, look for the C209 POH,. It's far more interesting :D

Kubaat3lover
19th Apr 2012, 15:52
up,
anyone got C207 POH ? Im looking for, thanks!
Please write some practical tips about this plane,

Kuba

Kubaat3lover
19th Apr 2012, 16:04
Im going to fly C207 next weekend, anyone could write some tips and tricks for this a/c?!
Regards

Frank Arouet
20th Apr 2012, 00:30
I gave my copy to DC-2 with the proviso he think about handing it on to others when he is finished with it. It may pay to PM him and put the question to him.

Howard Hughes
20th Apr 2012, 00:33
For this particular aeroplane.......... power + attitude does NOT = performance
If you can't find a C207 POH, just consider the flying properties of a house brick, the C207 doesn't perform quite as good as the housebrick.
Im going to fly C207 next weekend, anyone could write some tips and tricks for this a/c?!
Regards
Don't fill all the seats with hungry Germans direct from the 'all you can eat' lunch buffet...;)

Stationair8
20th Apr 2012, 01:11
If the pax have been to the all they can eat buffet, just make sure that each seat has a spew bag, not like my experience where the spew bags had not been restocked by a certain ace from the previous flight and the clients had to share a spew bag on the scenic flight B.

Ixixly
20th Apr 2012, 01:45
Thanks for the Advice guys... I ended up finding a C207 POH...it was in the glove compartment at the fornt of the C207!! :}

Kubaat3lover
24th Apr 2012, 15:31
Could anyone tell me practical thing about checking fuel in C207?
Im sure that fuel gauges are fakes so how about fuel stick?
Ive got one but for C150/152....
its so important for me because im gonna to fly with parajumpers

MakeItHappenCaptain
24th Apr 2012, 15:57
Here's a good tip.

FUEL GAUGES ARE A REQUIRED PIECE OF EQUIPMENT:ugh:

For fcuk's sake don't use another aircraft type's dipstick.
Obituary subject waiting to be written about.:rolleyes:

Is this a wind up?

Tinstaafl
24th Apr 2012, 18:07
If you're going to be flying jumpers then you're likely to be using minimal fuel. If it doesn't have a reliable dipstick then make your own dipstick!

Get a stick or old ruler. Run a tank dry during a flight (but make sure you departed with plenty of fuel in the other tank). Dip the 'dry' tank before refueling. Mark any fuel level that shows as 'zero' (it's unusable fuel, for practical purposes). Add a fixed amount of fuel eg 20 litres and dip again. Mark the fuel level. Repeat. Preferably repeat until the tank is full but you may not have the opportunity due to weight limits for subsequent skydive flights. At least do it enough to give 2 or 3 drop runs.

If the fueling place isn't level then you may need to have more than one set of calibration marks - one set for refueling, and another for when the plane is in its usual parking spot.

TOUCH-AND-GO
25th Apr 2012, 03:17
Anyone know where I might be able to find a Cessna 210 POH? Preferably C210 L model or later on..
Perhaps a online copy or if someone has a copy which can be emailed to me?

Please!

BPA
25th Apr 2012, 03:45
Found this site in less than a minute via a google search. I thought Gen Y were computer savvy.

Red Sky Ventures Free Aviation Downloads (http://www.redskyventures.org/free_stuff.php)

This site has most Cessna manuals such as the C210, plus other GA aircraft manuals. It also has B737, Ejet and B1900 manuals to name a few.

TOUCH-AND-GO
25th Apr 2012, 05:36
Cheers BPA, I did use the engine search on google for the C210 POH. Just ended up with a sample manual.

Thanks anyway! :ok:

BPA
25th Apr 2012, 07:34
I've found it best to keep the search simple ie Pilot Operating Handbook or Flight Manuals.

The Red Sky site is full of great free stuff.

cessna207
26th Jan 2013, 20:56
hi

it is real?
with MTOW of 3800lbs how can i fly with 8 pax?

somebody can halp me?

Ixixly
27th Jan 2013, 07:52
I can now tell you, with over 200hrs on the C207, that yes it is possible, apparently there is even a variant with 8seats, I have never seen one and wonder if maybe its the turbine one thats out there. Mind you, I've had times where I can barely squeeze on 4 elephant sized passengers and myself!!

It really all depends on your Empty Wt, Passenger Wts, Runway Length/Type and the size of your balls...

kingRB
27th Jan 2013, 10:01
Such vast experience with the 207 Ix, i'm in awe. Turbo versions I flew did.

Ixixly
27th Jan 2013, 10:06
Hahaha, i'm in awe of your sarcasm KingRB. I didn't mean it to sound like heaps of experience on it :P Have you flown the Turbo and the N/A? How did you find they compared?

kingRB
27th Jan 2013, 10:12
:E

I flew both, yeah I preferred the NA. Thinking about it now some of the "late model" NA versions I flew may have had extra 2 seats as well, but struggling to remember. Either way, they were only kids seats or for midgets. Weight and balance aside there was fark all leg room for an adult to even contemplate sitting in them.

Ixixly
27th Jan 2013, 10:22
Gotta love the "Gimp Seat"!! I always imagined it wouldn't have been too much effort to just add an extra seat next to the rearmost one, or some kind of benchseating, man it'd be hard as hell to get it within CofG though, unless you were carrying midgets around from circus to circus!!

HAHAHA... "Late Model", interesting term to use in regards to 207's :E Why did you prefer the N/As to the Turbo? I always kind of figured the Turbo would weigh a bit more and not really get much extra speed, so unless you were doing long legs, operating off high elevations and/or skydiving they were pretty useless?

Also would be keen to meet someone who has flown the Turbine ones... they look like a banana and I suspect fly like one as well!!

kingRB
27th Jan 2013, 10:37
Correct, turbo had the higher BEW and same MTOW, so useful load was reduced. It didn't go any faster and as I didn't get to take advantage of its theoretical altitude capability the extra fuel consumption made it next to useless compared to the NA. Would have been interesting as a jump ship though.

Brian Abraham
27th Jan 2013, 10:47
Gotta love the "Gimp Seat"Twas the seat I loved the most (besides the front) - very comfortable and leg room no problem. Maybe I'm a Gimp.

CofG a problem? One of the lasses used to carry a besser brick in the front locker.

The Green Goblin
27th Jan 2013, 11:45
You 'aint flown a Cessna until you've wrangled with the mighty C209!

Ixixly
27th Jan 2013, 13:23
kingRB, about what I expected, makes one wonder why on earth they were purchased for your operation at all!! Someone must have been giving them away!!

Brian Abraham, are you a midget by any chance? I fly 2 207s at the moment, one is quite nice and light and good on CofG, the other is about 30kg heavier and has a much more rear CofG due to some prior modifications that were never fully removed and usually necessitates the use of a 25L water container in the Nose locker to get it back within limits. That being said, get that nose locker fully loaded and your CofG problems go away pretty quickly!! Great for doing freight runs. Was just wondering why they never put a fuel tank up the front in that area, then thought it through and realised how ridiculous that would be.

And GG...I knew someone would bring up the C209 eventually!! :ok:

Sunfish
27th Jan 2013, 17:31
Doug Sprigg's 207 flies all right.

Pilotette
28th Jan 2013, 03:31
Brian Abraham, I upgraded from the brick to a water container too, didn't look quite as ridiculous in front of the pax and water is a lot more useful for survival in our neck of the woods! ;)
I've flown both the NA and Turbo models and although the BEW is higher in the Turbo and fuel consumption more, they run a lot smoother, get off the ground quicker and run less nose high! They really only come into their own above about 8000' and if fuel is a problem they can be run LoP but expect a corresponding loss of speed! They earn their money during school holidays when all 8 seats can be filled with kiddies up the back but the use of sick bags increases dramatically! Also useful for coffin runs, they don't call it the 'sky coffin' for nothing!
Yes, Dougies 207 gets along pretty well! Almost always run LoP.

Sunfish
28th Jan 2013, 04:11
Yep pilotette. Doug demonstrated LoP on a flight or Two after I helped him reset the mousetraps in his Auster wings.

Hope to fly back to the Ark this winter some time, last winter was a gas as Dick Smith and Professor Ian Plimer were there at the same time running a science school for interested kids, as well as certain other "characters". Long live Doug and Marg!

Ixixly
28th Jan 2013, 06:17
Ahh, is "Dougies" 207 fitted with an IO550 by any chance? I've fitted a few coffins in the 207 as well, always seem to fit in just nicely with 2 seats left for pax!! Honestly, where we are, water is the last thing we need for most of our flights, we're going over enough of it as is!! Maybe we should change to a brick instead ;)

One of ours has Gamijectors fitted and runs like a dream LoP, not a lot of speed lost either, far more efficient! Trying to get the rest of the fleet fitted with them as well, absolute bargain for their price.

27/09
28th Jan 2013, 08:16
The turbo ones don't have less of C of G issue.

Sunfish
28th Jan 2013, 18:49
Not sure what engine DOug has, but it has Gami's and a JPI. Its very smoooooth.