PDA

View Full Version : Ek 747-8f

jetzdrvr
12th Oct 2010, 14:51
I read on airlinepilotcentral.com that EK will start recieving it's 747-8F on order in the begining of 2011. Is that accurate information? who will be flying these airplanes, EK pilots?

Iver
12th Oct 2010, 16:27
Atlas most likely.

White Knight
12th Oct 2010, 16:52
EK will be receiving these aircraft Iver - not Atlas...

Modhesh
12th Oct 2010, 18:35
Just did a freighter, flight.
Latest Loady rumour,
5 Firm 747-8's coming (Jan 2013) but Ek undecided about the other 5.
If we get only 5 then the fleet will not big enough for Ek to justify a stand alone fleet. So more than likely Atlas will fly it.
If we get all 10 then Ek pilots will fly it but not as MFF with 777.

Saying that Ek did fly a fleet of only 3 A310's with ek pilots, but they had a history of operating the type.

fatbus
13th Oct 2010, 03:43
CCQ has nothing to do with flying both, MFF does and I dont think Boeing has approved MFF 748 / 777

bigduke6
13th Oct 2010, 04:27
Should not be a surprise, they have been on order for 2 years now?

But not in 2011. Maybe early 2012, if they are lucky.

EFC 3 DAYS
13th Oct 2010, 06:58
When Atlas Airs contract ends it will be taken over by National Airlines from Ypsilanti, MI in the USA. Ypsilanti is the home of many a bottom feeder cargo outfit. National Airlines are a lower form of Kalitta Air from same city. National use the same basic bottom feeder plan that Kalitta et al have used from day one, buy a junker of a plane or two, paint it a pretty colour and offer your services at the lowest price possible and have a spare parts warehouse with the capacity of a London phonebox and a maintenance team so qualified that they need to look at both ends of a hammer before deciding which end to use.
Word is that the pay and conditions that National Airlines offers its flightcrew makes the pay at Virgin America ($45USD an hour for an FO) look excessive. National Airlines low balled their bid with EK so much that Atlas are now, or are soon to be, a thing of the past. How EK assumes that National Airlines will be able to offer the worldwide support that Atlas Air did is beyond me, tapered with the fact that National only last month took delivery of its first 747-400 based on getting the EK contract and prior to that were operating one DC-8-63's, a DC-8-73 and a couple of Hercules.
With EK management having cut corners on everything they possibly can, and later recognised that this style of management doesn't always work one would not be at fault to assume that allowing a carrier such as National Airlines take over the operation of its 747 freight department could turn out to be an unmitigated disaster........Time will tell.

cf680c2b
14th Oct 2010, 13:22
EFC, You sound like a scared little boy who is about to loose his lunch money. I know about National and I can tell you that you know nothing about them, although you may think you do.

Now back to the topic of the 748. I think if EK operates the aircraft, they will soon realize that adding more airframes will be a great advantage to their freight ambitions. Also, it can be a great airplane to fill the capacity gap between the triple and the 380. So, who knows, maybe there will be some I's in the future.

Only time will tell..........but isn't it nice that we can speculate the way we do.

EFC 3 DAYS
15th Oct 2010, 12:08
CF680, your opening statement "EFC, You sound like a scared little boy who is about to loose his lunch money" makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. That being said I will use it as a yardstick to gauge your intelligence.
I can tell you that I know more about National Airlines and Murray Air than you know and that I can stand by my statements.
They recently hired a Lieutenant Colonel from the US military to run the operation who has about as much airline experience as Barry Manilow. He was hired so as to aid in National getting military contracts. Also, their number one captain on the B747-400 has zero, zilch, nada PIC experience on transport category aircraft and got the job through the "who you know network". Their maintenance is what I explained it to be and only time will tell whether or not EK made the right decision in trawling the bottom of the freight dogs to contract with them. If they underbid Kalitta then that says it all.
As for loosing my lunch money, I'm still scratching my head on that one.......

White Knight
15th Oct 2010, 13:10
As for loosing my lunch money, I'm still scratching my head on that one.......

That's why it's called loose change:}

fatbus
15th Oct 2010, 14:11
Don't think EK will operate even at 10 A/C, much cheaper to lease out to the lowest bidder. Would be nice though.

cf680c2b
15th Oct 2010, 17:38
That being said I will use it as a yardstick to gauge your intelligence.Huh, funny!.......that is like a High School physics Teacher grading Einstein on the theory of relativity (warning: you may not get this one either).

I say again, you don't know anything about National. The info. you have is either incorrect, incomplete or outdated. Please do try'n inform yourself before you post.

I recommend you drop the subject before you embarrass yourself any further.

EFC 3 DAYS
15th Oct 2010, 18:06
cf680
Lets go with a few YES/NO/DON'T KNOW questions for you

1. Was the current president hired in order to get US DOD contracts?

2. Has the number one captain on the 747 any PIC time on transport category aircraft?

3. Did they underbid Kalitta for the EK contract?

4. Are they a bottom feeder freight carrier?

I'm guessing that you can realistically only answer no to one of these questions, that one being the bottom feeder one, and that I will give you as being subjective and a matter of opinion.

So I would suggest that it is you that needs to shut your trap before you go and embarass yourself because I wager that it is you who does not know much about National Airlines. Of course time will tell because its only a matter of time before the limits of this "airline" are truely exposed be it in Hong Kong, Hamburg, Toledo, Dubai or even on their first positiong flight......

cf680c2b
16th Oct 2010, 04:19
You get no free lunches from me, buddy.

Got a premonition for you:

In a few months you will begin to learn some accurate detail about National. At that point you will think back to the statements that you have made on this forum........and you will feel pretty stupid.

But you will suppress and deny that feeling pretty quickly because you are not one of those guys that will admit to a F**&k up.

Your next move will be to send National a resume.

My last word on the matter.........have a nice day!

Iver
16th Oct 2010, 16:43
cf680c2b and EFC 3 DAYS,

Hey, why don't you guys go get a room? Quit bickering like little old ladies. Who cares? Start a new thread about National Airlines and make your sage predictions.

Back to our EK discussion...

EFC 3 DAYS
16th Oct 2010, 17:54
Iver, who made you in charge of posts? I'm speaking about EK and the 747-8 and who will be flying them and therefore on the topic.
cf680, nice that you conveniently couldn't answer the 4 questions I posted. I've got a premonition for you..... you won't answer the questions. Hows that buddy old pal. And as for sending National a resume.... Really? Thats all you got?????

slatch
16th Oct 2010, 22:05
Does not look like National needs a B744 Chief Pilot. They put N952CA on the Iceland reg TF-NAC. Looks like Air Atlanta Icelandic will be crewing it.

safelife
16th Oct 2010, 22:16
(T) (N) (T)

halas
17th Oct 2010, 04:03
Thomas Nationwide Transport?

I used to work for a division of theirs 10 years back called Ansett.

Back then TNT were under the control of the knighted Hungarian Jew.

I understand it's part of the Dutch post office now.

halas

moonkey
21st Apr 2011, 16:24
Do you guys have any new info on National Airlines?

an-124
4th May 2011, 13:32
EFC - ready to admit you nothing about National? Absolutely zero.
Atlas lost the EK contract due having a falling out with Atlas. Had nothing to do with national.
As for your comments ref the appointed president, it had zero to do with the DOD. If ever you meet the president, you will understand this.