PDA

View Full Version : Actual numbers out of a job

clob
11th Oct 2010, 18:52
A lot of guys on this site are very negative, probably as they don't yet have a job. Does anyone have actual figures on the numbers of qualified jar pilots unemployed and employed. This would maybe support what most brag about which is "no jobs". At the end of the day there are people getting employed - from any school as long as they are good enough!

LEONIDA
11th Oct 2010, 18:57
does not matter the numeber of employed, what it matters is the unemployed, I estimate 6000 unemployed pilots in europe .

DreamAirlines
11th Oct 2010, 18:57
People certainly get hired! Last week GermanWings hired 44 people from my school!:ok:

SupaMach
12th Oct 2010, 00:12
People do get hired.
But there are an awful lot of guys I know who haven't had a lucky break yet.

Of course, schools like OAA won't ever tell you that before you start... but once you finish you soon realise how many guys never end up getting a job!
If you are going to invest the money, you have to go in with the realisation that it is not a given right to get a job at the end and you have to work hard to get good results.

At the end of the day, it will always depend on the state of the industry.
I got lucky and finished at just the right time for a nice opportunity, those on courses before me had a long long wait!