PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VIII

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

ThatRedHatGirl
7th May 2011, 20:06
You won't need to take shots again. You can get a blood test to show you have immunity/antibody against those illness. The clinic that takes the test can give a new book for you, usually. They will put that you have immunity and the date they tested you for the immunity. Maybe you would have to get tetanus to show it's within last 10 years but if you had the shots recently you could go to the place you got them. they would have a file on you for sure! Just ask them can they please re-issue a book for you (or a report/letter stating what shot you had from them)

don't panic!

zarah.k
7th May 2011, 23:03
I am anxious
the status on the portal says...you'l be contacted by the recruit coordinator, but its been 4 days but no call.
I am restless and very anxious. I don't know it that status update is 100% positive or not.
what am I suppose to do or wait for how long till I call them?

piyal, don't forget they recruiters don't work fridays and saturdays. So give them 2 more days to make 4.

Z

piyal
8th May 2011, 08:49
Thanks...i have decided to wait for a some more, just the feeling of wait is quite killing:ooh:

katarko
8th May 2011, 12:07
Guys just one information pls.

I worked for Qatar Airways until DEC/2010.
Now I want to go for some Emirates Open Day.
Somebody know is there really some restriction for those who worked as a flight attendant in QR and do we have to wait 6,12 months or more before join Emirates?

Because, I met few people in QR who worked for EK and they joined QR without some waiting period, that is why is assume that if there is some rule about that - both company (QR or EK) should follow the rule.

expatinaction
8th May 2011, 14:09
When I left QR I applied to EK and they invited me to an AD. So many people told me that they would send me away when they realised I hadn't waited 12 months that I phoned EK HR and right enough I was told they had made a mistake inviting me to the AD and that I would have to wait for 12 months before I could apply. If you have any doubts though then phone them and ask but as far as I know the rule still applies and it definitely applies both ways (although I doubt if QR have had to enforce it very often!!!!) My friend went to an EK OD and she had only been out of QR for about two months at the time and she went right through to FI then they contacted her and said that she should not have been at the Open Day because she hadn't waited for 12 months ... so what's that about?? Letting her get through the stages and then rejecting her??? In all my years with QR I never met one single person who had gone from EK to QR...... were they mad????? LOL !!!!

katarko
8th May 2011, 14:16
I met one person who left emirates and join QR.
And QR recruiters knew that.
But still that person was selected and there was not more than one month between Emirates and QR in his CV.

And also , one performance officer who is also recruiter in QR told me that nobody informed them in QR about that so in QR they can take someone from emirates no matter about period between company.

U have some number of emirates HR dept?

trizakalerwa
8th May 2011, 16:00
Hey all,
I just finished doing my medicals and chose not to do the pap smear as it is not mandatory. The portal shows that it is a pending test. How do i get rid of this as i am freaking out and if i chose not to do the test. Will this be a problem in the future. Kindly advice. Thanks.

shatinho
8th May 2011, 16:16
Hi Everyone!

Since I found the information on this forum very informative, I'd like to return the favour and share my experience at the Johannesburg Assessment Day yesterday.

So I arrive at the hotel at about 8:30am and stand around chatting to people. Just a few minutes pass 9:00 the recruiters invited us into the conference room and we stand in a queue to receive our stickers with our names and reference numbers printed on it. In total we were not more than 95 people for the day. We then take our seats and not long afterwards a lovely South African lady gave us a warm welcome to the assessment day and thanked us for taking the time to attend. I noticed another lady in the background, she was monitoring everybody while the other recruiter spoke to us.

A few videos were shown about Dubai and Emirates cabin crew, to wet our appetites even more of course! :p When the videos finished we had a question and answer session, which seemed more casual than previous AD's I've attended, usually people would be too afraid to ask a question thinking that if it comes across as a dumb question, they could sabotage themselves. This time around, there were close to 20 people asking questions, which I found was a great change to the usually tense Q&A session.

After the Q&A's, we were split up into 4 groups. This was the first group discussion/exercise for the day. We were told to pair up with the person next to us and ask them which is their favourite destination they have travelled to or would like to travel to. While discussing this with your partner you are called one by one to do the reach test and the recruiter also speaks to you for a few seconds. She usually asks what are you currently doing, are you working or studying.

Once everybody has completed the reach test and mini interview, each person in the group stands up and relays their partners favourite destination. Secondly we were given a topic to discuss as a group, which needs to be agreed upon by the entire group, which was: List three disadvantages of living abroad. We discussed it as a group and pretty much everybody had a chance to speak which was great, no screaming over one another and trying to get noticed. The three aspects we decided on were: Leaving your comfort zone (family, friends, familiarity etc) , having to learn the laws and adhere to the laws of the country you're in and dealing with extreme weather.

Next was the first elimination round, those infamous white slips of paper. Fortunately I got the Congrats one, and a few others unfortunately received the Regrets note.

Following the first group discussion we were given a few minutes break before we start the english test. For those who dont know, the english test is very simple, so simple that you start to doubt yourself! But as usual almost everybody made it pass this round, with the exception of 3 people.

Next in store for us was the second group discussion, upon successful completion of this round, you make it through to the final interview. At this stage of the day many of us were exhausted and it was already 17:00. But nobody complained of course, if you want the job bad enough you dont mind staying there until midnight!

Ours was the last group to do the discussion. We were each given a copy of the exercise details and instructions. It read more or less as follows: A plane crash lands in a remote area and a few of the people on board are in need of medical attention. You have limited time to go in and out of the aircraft to collect essential items. Choose 5 items from the list that you would need, in order of priority from 1-5. The items are: oxygen tanks, water, food, defibrillator, axe, emergency torch, blankets, first aid kit, a suitcase with unknown items in it, and one more item I can't recall.

Again as a group we came to a conclusion, each persons input was respected and nobody was put down for their suggestion. We chose 1: Water 2: Defibrillator 3: First Aid Kit 4: Axe 5: Emergency torch. As I understand there is no right or wrong answer, the aim is to discuss it as a team and support your decision.

I know our group did well in this round because all of us made it through :)

In total there were about 20 of us, if not more who made it through to the final interview. This was the largest amount of people in my experience, to have made it to this stage. I was speaking to a girl about this and we thought that it could be because of the demand for crew at the moment or because the recruiters found more suitable applicants than usual. This of course does not necessarily mean that all of us will get the GC.

The rest of the evening was spent filling out forms and listening to guidelines and instructions from the recruiters on how to fill out the remaining forms and what else to bring to the final interview. Once we each had a slot for the final interview it was time to leave, by this time it was about 20:30!

But wait, there's more, if you call now we'll throw in a free personality test! Once we got home, we we told to check our emails, because we were sent a link which we have to click on in order to do a personality test. A series of simple questions to establish the type of personality you possess.

The trick is, many of the same questions are asked multiple times, but they are phrased differently. So you need to be careful not to contradict yourself, so your best bet is to answer as truthfully as possible. Finished that at about 22:30 and by now even my reserve battery was about to die! What an exhausting day, and hopefully (fingers crossed) worth all the effort :O

So wake up this morning and prepare for my final interview at 13:00. Get back to the hotel at 12:30 and wait for the recruiter to call me. A few deep breaths later and I was feeling quite relaxed and ready to give this my best shot. The recruiter welcomes me into the room and invites me to take a seat while she organises the paperwork on the desk. The atmosphere is very casual, not half as tense as I expected it to be. She tries to make me feel at ease by asking if I slept well and how do I feel this morning. Generally, it was one of the more relaxed interviews I've had thus far. At times it felt more like a conversation than an interview, which was great.

She asked me questions like: Was there ever a time when you worked in a group and the outcome was productive? Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, and other questions that pertain mostly to your work experience. The rest of the interview was relating to my CV and double checking that all the required documents were in order. The last thing I had to do after my interview was the Ravens Logic Test. Once I completed that, I was free to go.

Overall a very enjoyable experience, but now comes the fun part: Waiting for the results :ugh:
Thank you to anybody who took the time to read my rambling and I hope this was of some use to somebody, even one person!

I'll be sure to keep you guys posted as soon as I get some feedback. Hold thumbs for me and everybody else waiting for their GC's :ok:

Ciao!

PrimaveraCero
8th May 2011, 17:00
Hi all! Greetings from Argentina again...

Just stopping by to leave some information for those who might be reading, and want to know about next ODs and ADs here in my country.
Yesterday there was an OD in Buenos Aires, I'm currently in an argentinian forum and one of the guys there showed up at the OD. There were just 12 people (I think it's because the appointed agency makes a screening first) They made them write short essays about a subject, then a short oral test with CV in hand, height test and questions about tattoos and marks.
Those who passed will be contacted this week to show up for the AD on 14 and 15 May.

And for the ones who can't make it to this Assessment, there's another one being held in the city of Rosario (Santa Fe, Argentina) on June 26th.
I'm thinking about going to this last one as it is closer to my city, but I haven't fully resolved my tattoo issue yet... so I don't know.
What do you people reckon about that? I've had just one laser removal session so far, very successful indeed but I have at least two or three more to go! (the next will be in two weeks time) Should I apply or not yet?
Considering I don't know if there will be more ADs this year, and if I get the job I'd like to leave maybe Feb'11)
:confused:

piyal
9th May 2011, 08:45
Anybody joining on 4th of July?

akoti19
9th May 2011, 13:38
hi piyal,wishing you all the best!!:D:D:D

piyal
9th May 2011, 13:53
hey Akoti19, thank you.
will not celebrate soon, have my medicals to do.
and I wish you get through too.:ok:

zarah.k
9th May 2011, 14:20
Has anyone been waiting 6 weeks or more without any status change? Please specify if you are male or female.

Z

PrimaveraCero
9th May 2011, 17:16
trizakalerwa Have you tried emailing Recruitment and asking about this? Because maybe if it is still pending they'll delay your approval... I wouldn't know for sure of course, so let's hope someone can help you more.

shatinho great description of the selection day! Wish you all the best :ok:
Can I ask what were you wearing? How do you feel was the "grooming department" in the rest of the candidates? (males and females, specially the ones who reached FI) Thanks!

shatinho
9th May 2011, 18:32
Hi Piyal
I'm assuming you got your Golden Call? If so CONGRATS! I know you don't want to celebrate until you get your plane ticket, but you're well on your way :ok:

shatinho
9th May 2011, 19:10
Hi PrimaveraCero

Thank you so much for your well wishes, I really appreciate it :)

I tried to follow the grooming requirements as I understand them. I wore a black business suit with a long sleeved white shirt, a dark tie and black formal shoes. I personally feel that darker colours work well for job interviews, however that's by no means the standard requirement. All that matters is that you're wearing a suit, long sleeved shirt, tie and formal shoes.

In addition to what I was wearing, I was also clean shaven and my hair was neat. (no spiky hairstyles or wet look)
Most of the people who made it through to the final interviews were well groomed. All the guys wore suits and were clean shaven, the girls were all formally dressed, although some wore thick bright coloured coats which I thought wasn't appropriate. But for the final interview everybody was issued guidelines as to how to dress for the photos and for the final interview. So I'm sure there weren't any colourful coats there :)

micol
9th May 2011, 21:00
Hey!
Just want to let you know that this morning I received my Golden Call! I'm so happy and I still don't believe it... ;)

OD: 27th March
AD: 28th March
FI: 29th March
Status change "you will be contacted..": 4th May
GC: 9th May
DOJ: 27th June

Good luck to all of you...and never give up! This was my third attempt with Emirates... so keep trying, always! :ok:

PrimaveraCero
9th May 2011, 21:41
shatinho I don't think I'l be wearing tie as I'm a girl :} But I'm in the hunt for the perfect skirt suit, thing is here in my city most stores have just pants suits, no skirts to be seen!
I was also thinking about getting a dark grey one, would it be OK or would it be best if I stick to black? Wouldn't want to end up having to buy one extra suit for the FI...
What did the guidelines say?

Oh! before I forget, did the girls wear short sleeved blouses or long sleeved? (maybe long in your case as they also had coats) Would it be appropriate to wear a short sleeved blouse underneath the jacket if for instance the assessment was held in summer?

micol Congrats!!! :ok: Can I ask what you feel you did different this time comparing with the other two attempts? Thanks!

Dee18
10th May 2011, 01:21
Hi Shatinho!

Wishing you the best. Don't worry, you will get that GC soon! :D

I am planning to attend the OD in Los Angeles, CA on June 18th. This will be my very first OD ever, so I'm doing as much research as I can.

How were the women dressed up? Were their hair up in a bun? Red Lipstick?

Talk to you soon!

- Dee -

PrimaveraCero
10th May 2011, 01:31
A rather silly question has popped in my mind...
What about the appropriate shoes for women undergoing the selection process?

http://www.mercadolibre.com.ar/jm/img?s=MLA&f=97570485_5988.jpg&v=P&sll=556531

Pointy or round toes are preferred by EK guidelines? And how high?

rups
10th May 2011, 01:57
why they aren't recruiting from Fiji? :confused:

SiMmY_123
10th May 2011, 02:30
Hi everyone, Im only new to this.. I have my OD on Saturday 14th May 2011 in Brisbane and i was wondering who was attending? Also if anyone could give me any information about what i can expect. Thanks

PrimaveraCero
10th May 2011, 02:39
simmy_123 if you read the entire thread it'll give you a very good idea of what to expect, people have been explaining and telling their experiences at this selection process for years now.
In fact, if you care to read just a few messages above your own, you'll see a very detailed experience by user shatinho.

Cheers! :p

SiMmY_123
10th May 2011, 03:20
PrimaveraCero Thanks for that i have never used this forum before and didnt know how it all worked. Thank you again for you help :ok:

With regards to the photos you have all submitted were they professional photos of you in Business Attire or just home photos? I need some advise to what sort of photos i should take with me. And also you talk about the grooming guideline where would i find this?

trizakalerwa
10th May 2011, 05:22
Hey, In my opinion round toed.
Anyone else joining on the 6th June?

zarah.k
10th May 2011, 05:32
I would say round toes too : that's what I wore for the FI.

Z

SiMmY_123
10th May 2011, 06:56
what about the height of the shoes?

zarah.k
10th May 2011, 10:15
Just pick shoes you are comfortable in. I saw a girl who had a really perfect professional outfit and red lipstick who didn't make it past first round and another who had a short tight dress and really high heels who made it to the FI.:rolleyes: But as you are getting tips here, I suggest you stick with your business attire and wear some comfortable shoes, I'd say max 3' as you might be there for few hours. :ok:

Cheers,
Z

katarko
10th May 2011, 10:29
Guys, is it possible that someone can gove some HR number in Emirates?

I still can't find about that period when I can attend some emirates open day after I resign in Qatar Airways.

dreams82
10th May 2011, 11:09
[Text speak]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of the forum.

maco
10th May 2011, 11:40
I have a question...and maybe Mari could help me or any other pprune-er.I'm so scared.This weekend i went to the assesment day in Romania, and I had my final interview 2 days ago, on Sunday.Today I went to an assesment day for Etihad wich was held at the same hotel as Emirates and there was one of the RO from Emirates.She was conducting the last finals interview with the others applicants and she saw me there, attending the Etihad assesment day,....And i'm thinking....will this lower my chances with Emirates? I really want to join them, I don't want to go for Etihad, but I just wanted to try as an experience.
I'm so sad....:{

katarko
10th May 2011, 12:40
Nooooo.... Don't worry!

maco
10th May 2011, 12:49
Thank you katarko, but I don't know what to think....

piyal
10th May 2011, 13:18
wear any sleeve shirt, you'l have to wear a jacket.
If you cannot find a skirt suit, buy a well fitted jacket, and buy the skirt separately in near colour or get it stitched. I didn't wear a suit, but the jacket and the skirt matched almost. keep the skirt long, at least mid knee.
It doesn't matter whether you wear round or pointed shoes, as long as it looks nice its a court shoe and you are comfortable.
FYI: I wore a pointed black court shoe with stiletoe.
Save the red lipstick for FI
All the Best

zarah.k
10th May 2011, 13:59
maco

It's already done. All you can do now is wait and keep positive.

katarko

I don't think it,s advise to post any EK HR number on the forum. Nevertheless, I am pretty sure it's 12 months. I heard many stories and the recruiters always told the applicant they should wait 12 months after resigning from Qatar. For instance, this girl has resigned from Qatar, she went for the whole recruitement process with EK, went to the FI, waited 2 months and the recruiters told her she shouldn't have been to the FI and that she should wait 12 months. And I think, on the other side, QR recruiters do not apply this rule.

You can try if you want, but that's what I heard several times and it was always 12 months waiting period.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Z

PrimaveraCero
10th May 2011, 14:35
trizakalerwa, zarah.k, piyal thanks for the input! As I need to buy the shoes, I'll stick to the most comfortable and best looking for me :ok:Heck, maybe I'll buy both pointy and round and see what I feel like that day hehe..
And I have a nice fitted black jacket that I could match with a skirt, just need to find that skirt.

ps: The girl in tight dress must have been and incredible person if she got to FI without appropriate attire! There's always the exception to the rule but one can't bet on being it..

micol
10th May 2011, 19:56
Hi!
I really don't know what went right this time... I mean, the first time I'm sure I wasn't prepared enough and I was eliminated at the first group stage (I think because the recruiters saw that I felt really nervous and insecure).
The second one I didn't even pass the OD, and six months later I went there with the same cv and the same dress but I made it to the FI..so I really don't know.. maybe it depends on the recruiters you meet, but I think you also need luck! :ok:

Lui.x
10th May 2011, 21:15
After 5 weeks and 3 days in which I didn't stop torturing myself thinking what I did well or wrong in the FI, I finally received my GC on the 8th of this month. :p

I am extremely excited ... and busy at the same time. Doing my medicals in London are both EXPENSIVE :sad: and TIRING. However, only 54 more days and, if everything goes well, I'll be getting a plane destination Dubai :O

Is anyone here from the AD in London on the 30th March? Anyone else with DOJ 4th July?

Wish you all the luck in this world!

Sheer-luck
11th May 2011, 00:18
Hi guys and girls,
First of all, thank you all for all the information posted here, it's really useful and I certainly appreciate it.
Now the silly question, I have my Assessment Day this saturday....what do you think ? hair down ( which looks better for me ), or tied in a bun ?
Thanks a lot in advanced

rups
11th May 2011, 07:03
i think its best to have your hair bun! you will have to try and look like a cabin crew as much as you can! all the best;)

loowla
11th May 2011, 07:41
finally got my invited for the nairobi AD on 11 JUNE. . . did anyone else get theirs??

Ruguru
11th May 2011, 10:40
hey Loowla are you not supposed to be in Qatar by now? what happened:confused:, mine keeps on saying under review so am still waiting patiently. hope to get it soon.:eek:

SHEILACC
11th May 2011, 11:09
Congratulations, you are one lucky girl. mine is still under review. hoping I will get the invite this week. Ruguru let us continue hanging on in there :ok:

all the best.

cheers

mimi294
11th May 2011, 12:02
I too i have gotten an invite in my email,,,,Thank you God!;) but funny enough my status is still application under review....i advise you SheilaCC and Ruguru to check your emails......and we share the joy,,,,,

anacernic
11th May 2011, 13:04
Hey everyone.. I have a question.. What if I cannot provide all the medicals I need in the right time? I'm afraid that blood tests won't be in time, to upload them to their portal.. What now?

Torontofly
11th May 2011, 15:05
Hi Everyone
I had my FI in Dubai in April 2010 and in May 2010 I had gotten rejected. Now it's been a year and Emirates will be having an open house day on May 28th in Toronto. I will be going to that. I was writing to ask if you guys recommend I make a new profile? or log in to my old one? and change it a bit on the Emirates career website? Please recommend
Thanks!

Is anyone else going to the Toronto Open Day?

PrimaveraCero
11th May 2011, 15:47
Sheer-luck I'd say hair in a bun (or ponytail if you like) is best. However if your hair is shorter than, say, your jaw/shoulders you could wear it down but really well styled.

anacernic I guess it's not a big problem as long as you tell the recruitment team to give you a little more time right away.

torontofly I don't know for sure, but maybe log with your old one... who knows it might show them that you are persistent and willing to accomplish your goals ;) And also that you followed the instructions to wait for a year. Good luck!

piyal
11th May 2011, 15:49
can call them up on the recruit coordinator numbers provided. they will assist you. It is not a problem, they will shift you to a later day if required. Read the pointers, it is mentioned there. :)

Torontofly
update your old account, its not a problem. I got rejected last year, used the same account, and got through this time.
All the Best :ok:

Timlim127
11th May 2011, 16:44
Anyone going to the HK Open day on June 11?

lilibue
11th May 2011, 17:09
im also going for the od on june 11th here in kenya,if all goes well we will meet soon all the best:)

loowla
11th May 2011, 18:03
ruguru - heheheheh yup i am. . ive managed to drag on the medicals until this time but im running out of excuses as i wait to go for the Emirates A.D. . . .. but im supposed to leave on the 21st . . though don't feel like going. . . . .

sheilacc and ruguru im sure yours is in the mail. . .check junk mail too. ..

mimi. . .finally we get to the A.D. hope to meet you there if i can keep the qatar guys off me till then

TriniEK
11th May 2011, 18:20
Hair in a bun definitely. At a recent Open Day, one of the recruiters told the group how they should look for the AD.

1. Hair in a bun NOT ponytail.

2. Court shoes.

3. Business suit.

4. Face well made up.

I guess these are what she would make the selection by. I think you're neat and well groomed, you'll cut it.

Best of luck.

akoti19
11th May 2011, 18:22
Ok,so I have been invited to the 11th and 12th AD in Nairobi.To which one should I respond to,though the resent me an email saying am scheduled for the 12th AD and not the 11th BUT for the 12th AD they say"DEAR RENE" at the top of the Email then just below again "DEAR (my real name now)".I don't know what to do.Anyone please?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Sheillac,Ruguru,we are going to meet there don't worry.I will say a prayer for you two.:ok::ok::ok:

Timlim127
11th May 2011, 19:54
hey liliblue,

I see you are from Nairobi, Kenya. Have you received an invitation already for the AD?

I hope the best for us. :)

maco
11th May 2011, 20:17
Thank you all for your post.I was able to reach the FI thanks to this forum and now it is my turn to share my experience with Emirates.I had my assesment day on 7th of may, and the FI on 8th.

The day started at 8:00 am.There was a delay because of the computers so the presentation of emirates started a little bit later.

After the presentation of the company we were separated into 4 groups. I was in the third. At the first group discussion we had to ask the coleague on our left few things about him and also ask '' if he won 1 million$, how would he/she spend it'' and then to present him or she /she to our group.

Then we were given a topic to discouss, we had to choose 3 new destinations for emirates.after this round they eliminated few of us.

Secound round the english test. Wasn't difficult. Grammar,... and an essay about 3 thing that we would like to change about us and 3 thing we would keep. At this stage, I think 4 people left.

At the second group discussion we had to create a scenario for a movie. A musical. But before we started to discuss each of us had to read a paragraph from the paper with the movie instructions. I was so affraid about this round, because 6 moths ago, I was eliminated at this stage. But thank god, I got the congratulationd paper.

After this stage around 20 of us made it to the FI. Then we had to fill in few documents and were scheduled for the FI. I had mine the next day. It was fine, it was an one on one interview. The RO was so sweet and funny. She asked me few questions as'' tell me about a moment when you made a special thing for a client, about a stressfull day at work and many others.

I think, it went well, but I made a very very big mistake, wich I regret it so much. Two days after my FI(meaning yesterday) with Emirates, I went for Etihad's assesment day wich was held at the same hotel and she saw me, she said ''hello'', but I think she wasn't happy to see me there. I didn't realise what i'm doing until I saw her. Anyway, now I can't do more than wait.Today I sent them the rest of the documents and...we'll see.

I hope my experience will help you for your assesments coming soon. Good luck to everyone and best wishes for you. I hope you will achieve your dreams.

PS: sorry for being late, but i wasn't able to write this before.

edoble
11th May 2011, 21:10
Hey guys, there is an Open Day scheduled on June 26th in Sofía, Bulgaria, do you think there could be a mistake since the 26 is a Sunday? Hopefully it will be reschedule on the 27 or 28!!!

Tina1
11th May 2011, 21:16
Well! congratulations to those who have been invited to the Nairobi AD 11th and 12th June.Either they do not consider neighboring countries or i don't know because my status for both Nairobi AD's April and May are still 'applied'. Anyhow keeping my fingers crossed and hope God will make a way:ok: All the best at the AD and hope you all make it.
Cheers!

zarah.k
11th May 2011, 21:38
If they have shown the venue, it sure is not a mistake. My AD was a Saturday and FIs started the day after, on Sunday.

Z

Sheer-luck
11th May 2011, 22:06
Alright girls...hair in a bun then it is...will have to practise it a little before saturday ;)
Thanks a lot:ok:

PrimaveraCero
11th May 2011, 22:26
Hey sheer-luck!! I'm from Argentina too!
You're going to the AD on Saturday? I know a few people from another forum (an argentinian one) that are going, but on Sunday. Best of luck! :ok:

Sheer-luck
11th May 2011, 23:18
Hey PrimaveraCero,
Yep, Im from Argentina, and im attending to the AD on saturday...getting more and more nervous by the minute now...
Give me a shout about that forum you've just mentioned so I can take a look :)
All the best for you too

SiMmY_123
12th May 2011, 04:00
why not try a fake bun hair piece? They are great..

Ruguru
12th May 2011, 05:40
atlast got my invite for the OD in June... soooooo psyked!!!! can't wait for it...:)

SHEILACC
12th May 2011, 06:06
hey all

Can't believe its only me remaining without an invite to the AD :ooh: I know its been 7 days since my application excluding their weekend but am now getting nervous.

Hope I will get it soon and we can all meet up and try rehearse some of the questions also were to shop :ok::p

cheers

loowla
12th May 2011, 07:12
if ruguru got hers then yours is on its way. . i have a feeling everyone will get one this time round

akoti19
12th May 2011, 08:46
Yes,if Ruguru got hers them am sure by the end of the day if not tomorrow you will have gotten yours.:ok::ok:.cheers.

Anyone slated for the 12th?I am!:p:p:p:p.Well ,it calls for revision,revision and lots of prayers.All the best to everyone going for the Nairobi AD.

Tina1
I hope you do get an invite soon.just keep your head up and pray.

Tina1
12th May 2011, 09:18
Thanks my dear,indeed revise hard and shine on that day:ok:.Let us wait and see and maybe, just maybe we shall meet then. All the best and God bless!

imani
12th May 2011, 09:39
Hi Sheila. Don't worry dear, you will get an invite soon. I got the "NOT SHORTLISTED" :ugh:status change last time and have applied again for the 11 or 12 June AD. I hope this time i get an invite if not well 'its never that serious' I'll try again next time. Congartulations to all those who have received invites. Wish you all best.
Tina1, Hi there. They do consider Uganda, there's a pal of mine who was invited to my last AD and she's from Uganda. so hang on there's still time.

wawih
12th May 2011, 11:31
Hey Ruguru and sheillac AM SO NEW HERE ave also received my invite and am so excited at the Tribe on 12june.:ok:

tik
12th May 2011, 11:40
yes indeed they do consider Ugandans for the Nairobi AD as long as you have Nairobi as your current location.

i was invited for the Nairobi AD one time,so Tina just keep your fingers crossed

Tina1
12th May 2011, 14:17
Thank you all for the encouragement!
Imani
Nice to hear from you dear, i also applied yet again for the June AD in Nairobi and i did that on the same day they posted the advert so you can imagine what i am going through since some people have already received their invites but any way am not alone,i have you and at least one of us should be invited this time.
:ok:

Tik
I am currently in Uganda so i put that as my current residence well knowing it is easy to get to Nairobi when invited.Do you think i should change that?

Also is it possible for someone to just drop their CV's and photos even though they are not invited? What exactly are they looking for when inviting someone?:( I think i have done it all and followed the advise of fellow ppruners so i guess luck will blow my way soon.

I am so grateful for the family on this forum,i have truly learnt alot and certainly met new people. What happened to Kenyan85? Did he get the GC yet?

In Romania,hang in there girl,very soon you will get some good news!

And to you all for the Nairobi June AD,praying for you!

Cheers!

tik
12th May 2011, 15:31
Well honestly Tina since you put Uganda as your current residence i don't think you will get an invite,honestly i suggest you change it to Nairobi hopefully they haven't gotten all the spots filled out.

Yes you can drop your cv if you don't have an invite but i doubt they even look at those at all.

kenyan85
12th May 2011, 15:44
Hi guys, I am still alive, no status change yet, but I'm hanging in there as most males take up to 5 weeks to hear back. Thanks for the prayers, keep them coming. Good luck to all.

EK wannabe
12th May 2011, 16:50
[Text speak]

Aaanita
12th May 2011, 17:56
Hi simmy_123:) I'm also attending the OD on this saturday in Brisbane:) hope both of us will go through all the processes till we get to Dubai!!

Tina1
12th May 2011, 18:49
Hi all, i've been trying to log on my emirates account but there seems to be a problem.It says "you are unable to log onto this website at this time" or there is a network problem,please try again. I s anyone else experiencing the same?

Tik
I certainly hope there are still some places left,i still have faith,i thought honesty would be best anyhow let's wait and see. Probably next time i will come to Nairobi when applying and wait until the deadline.Are you Ugandan by the way? Male or female? Are you with EK cabin crew currently? Thanks for the encouragement and advise!

EK wannabe
My dear things seem bad now but just believe that everything happens for a reason.Personally i was also heart broken but got encouragement from fellow ppruners and am now stronger and believing for an invite soon. I certainly would love us to meet in Nairobi with all those who have already been invited.Lets keep strong.PS (Avoid using text speak like we do when writing sms,that's why your posts are being deleted,write full English words and sentences.cheer!)

Kenyan85
All i can do is pray for you and do not despair,soon,very soon your GC is coming and all the waiting will be worth it. Take care.

EK wannabe
12th May 2011, 20:05
cheers Tina! read through Tiks post that to receive an invite you have to be currently located in Nairobi:( good luck to all those that received invites!

maco
12th May 2011, 20:35
I can not log in as well. I think it is something temporarily.

SiMmY_123
13th May 2011, 03:17
Aanita, yay someone finally on here attending the Brisbane OD. Have you applied before? This is my first time. also do you know where the OD is being held? I know at the airport but the location? I cant get onto the website and need to know the exact location.. Currently stressing i cant get onto the website.

Can anyone access the Emirates Website? My open day is tomorrow but i cant get on to double check the location. Im freaking out.

Aaanita
13th May 2011, 06:04
[Text speak]

SiMmY_123
13th May 2011, 06:15
Can anyone tell me what exactly i need to take with me to the OD?

I dont even know what to expect for tomorrow. Do you really think there is going to be a lot of people there? you are the first person i have come across on this forum who is attending Brisbane OD. Yes it's at the International Airport but i dont know where exactly, that place is massive. The website is still done. Maybe too many people are trying to log on?

Aaanita
13th May 2011, 07:06
[Text speak]

lilibue
13th May 2011, 07:36
Timlim127
yes i got my invite for 12th,i just hope all goes well ,fingers crossed;)
Sheilacc
dont worry you probably made your application after the list of people to attend the AD was already made,i had applied for the AD in April but my application was put under review and i have been invited for the June Ad,dont loose hope you may still be invited for their next AD :)
SiMmy 123
the emirates website has a problem but i think its fixed because i have been able to log in to my account:ok:
akoti19,wawih,daisy,ruguru
congrats for getting the invite, i am also for 12june,now i have an issue there is this thing about the hair being tied in a bun not ponytail post on page 91how can we work it because i think that a bun would look much better with longer hair :confused:
And another thing when shopping for stockings the best type are gipsy in a small navy blue box they go for less than shs300 they look gorgeous
all the best to all of you guys hope to see you then:)

zarah.k
13th May 2011, 12:15
Hey,

I'm usually encouraging fellow PPRuNers during their waiting period, but now I'm a bit confused for my part. Has anyone been waiting more then 7 weeks recently? :rolleyes: My FI was March 29 and my status still reads Under review. Seems like people who did their FI in April are already getting their GC. :bored:

Z

piyal
13th May 2011, 13:18
I have to take all the vaccinations, and the doctor says i have to give a gap of at least 28days for some of the major ones!! And on top of that,I do not have any vaccine card for my childhood dose of 2 vaccines, so if I take the boost, will it be a problem if I cannot show them the proof of initial course?
Someone please help me

anacernic
13th May 2011, 15:24
@ piyal, I had my vaccine today, got 3 of them at once. My arm hurts as hell :) I had my previous vaccinations since I was a child, written in my medical record, so my doctor will just look in there, and write that on the paper.

But can anyone explain, what is the meaning of "initial course date" and "booster date" ?? Don't know where to write the dates and everything..

Tina1
13th May 2011, 15:46
EK wannabe
My dear, i think the best we can do for now is pray and wait.:eek:

TriniEK
13th May 2011, 17:09
The initial course date would be the date you received the first vaccine.
The date of the booster would be the date you got the follow up vaccine.
You see some vaccines like small pox, measles and yellow fever you need to have more than one shot for you to be fully inoculated against these infections. When you get the first shot, the nurse or doctor tell you when to return for the booster shot.

Hope this helps.

Josiejo
13th May 2011, 17:35
[Text speak]

Rick10
13th May 2011, 18:58
Hi,

Is anyone attending the OD next saturday in Marseille, France?

SiMmY_123
14th May 2011, 07:27
Hi, everyone. Just thought i would let you know i had my OD today and got a call back for tomorrow. Can anyone tell me what to expect.. Just a bit nervous

tik
14th May 2011, 09:40
hey girl,
sure,next time around you should have nairobi as your current location and you dont have to be there in actaul sense as long as you can get there in time for the AD then its all good.

Yes am Ugandan,no am not EK crew yet i tried out and got to the last group discussion in Entebbe and later when i got an invite to Nairobi i had gotten another job in Dubai.The EK journey continues though.

Josiejo
14th May 2011, 10:06
Sorry for being so thick but can someone please explain what it means when you get a sticky thread and can't see your post? does this mean it has been removed?:eek:

tinkerbell200
14th May 2011, 11:52
means you are talking in text speak (eg: u instead of you, r in stead of are) etc,
just use good english and you won't get deleted. :)

When you first click on cabin crew wannabe - right at the top of the page is the "sticky thread" have a read.

Saab Dastard
14th May 2011, 12:05
can someone please explain what it means when you get a sticky thread and can't see your post?

Here's a couple of clues: the thread title has the word "Sticky" in it, and it also contains DO NOT USE "TEXT SPEAK" IN POSTS
Here's the whole thing, with a link to the thread:

Sticky: DO NOT USE "TEXT SPEAK" IN POSTS - THEY WILL BE DELETED!! (http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/377878-do-not-use-text-speak-posts-they-will-deleted.html)

There. Not so hard, was it?

SD

Josiejo
14th May 2011, 12:24
Hi,

Thanks for the explanation, I shall ensure I use full English in future.

skyhigh12
15th May 2011, 00:32
Hey :)

Who attended the Brisbane OD? just curious as how many people showed up?

miss candy
15th May 2011, 06:53
yesterday i went for the OD (in Mauritius)
there was around 1000 hopefuls.
I thought i will make it till the AD, however i did not get the phone call inviting me for the AD.
For the OD, i was dressed neatly-
black skirt and suit, and black blouse.
I wore skin colored stockings, black court shoes, good makeup - light pink colored lips, transparent nail polish, neat bun!
however, i when i smile- my teeth do not show up- because they are not straight- one of them is slightly backward

the recruiting officer (ro) just asked me the following
ro- so what do you do in life
me: last week i graduated from university with an undergrad degree in finance.

ro: do you work?
no, i am currently not working, as last week i graduated. I am looking for jobs and emirates recruitment falls right.

But, since the age of 10 years i am helping my father in our family business. he has a small supermarket and for more than 10 years am working with him- unofficially as am not being paid. i pretty much do everything- dealing with clients, cashier everything.

she then asked my passport picture and i gave her a mid length picture
ro: can i have your passport picture please
me: oh i was tired, i dont really look as good as in my mid length picture. will you have the mid length picture?
ro: yes yes no problem

i gave her my picture and she told me ok please wait there now.
we talked for only 20-30 seconds, thats all!

then i went to see some videos, and we were told if we would be successfull, we will be called by 7pm..! but unfortunately i didnot get any call..
am still pondering why, why and why?
where did i go wrong?

i could not stop crying yesterday, whole night. because :
1) i took much time going through all these links/threads on pprune (i read nearly all of them)
2) I spent much money on pictures, makeup, shoes (i didnot had court shoes)
3) I promised my parents once i manage to get the job of a FA, i will help them financially by sending them part of my salary as i am not from a well-off background
4) Its the first time i was rejected for a job..

however today, am still down but determined to go further than the screening round when they come to recruit next time.

I am posting links to the picture i gave the recruiting officer + my curriculum vitae
Can you guys please advice me where i should improve??
any criticisms are welcome. I will take them positively and build on that.

Link to pictures
Me:

print1-Copy.jpg picture by yaj31 - Photobucket (http://s1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/yaj31/?action=view&current=print1-Copy.jpg)

maybe i have HUGE EARS? maybe my hair is MESSY??maybe am NOT GOOD LOOKING ENOUGH?Maybe am not BLOND? kidding..
well please please anyone criticize me- i will use it to do better next time.
on what aspect must i improve?
am sorry its a bit blurred. but however it the picture i submitted WAS NOT blurred.

here is the link to my Curriculum Vitae

again what i should add, remove, improve?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LrjMiE5RIkjA7HfXr8ld77bGtelPVrdo-BZ48Iiad8c/edit?hl=en#

thanks a lot to anyone replying!
ps: you can still email me- if you have tips on how to improve, i will highly appreciate this gesture. Thanks!

TightSlot
15th May 2011, 08:37
miss candy - It is really not wise to put your picture and CV up and invite criticism, especially in here where the overwhelming majority have no more idea than you of what "it" is that the recruiters are looking for - indeed, many of them are too lazy to bother reading previous posts on the thread or to string a partly coherent post together and know virtually nothing about the airline business and less about life in the Middle-East.

Your concerns about ears and hair are irrelevant - If either was the sole basis for your recruitment, than that would hardly constitute an employer worth working for. As a human being, you are by definition, a thing of beauty...
What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how
infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and
admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like
a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals
I can assure you that Shakespeare features nowhere in the procedures of Emirates Open Days.

You're a good kid who had a tough break - It happens. Don't beat yourself up about it. Try again, if you must - and come back stronger and wiser

maco
15th May 2011, 09:14
First attempt with Emirates: didn't make it at the open day
Secon attempt: didn't make it after the second group discussion
Third attempt: made it to the FI.
I hope this helps.

SiMmY_123
15th May 2011, 09:23
skyhigh12

I attended the OD on Saturday in Brisbane and there were roughly around 90 people maybe a few less, then today was the AD and there was 49 of us.

maco
15th May 2011, 09:34
My status has changed, after one week from FI.It reads approval in progress.And I've also received an e-mail with an image and uniform document.
it's this a good sign?because the Ro left to Dubai last wednesday, i think.

ellie22
15th May 2011, 09:49
Simy_123- How many made it to the FI? I have a friend who was going but I havent been able to get a hold of her to find out it she made it through? I can PM the name if theres a chance you might remember?
I havent posted here in a while but for all who are applying or waiting on GC it is so worth the waiting and the effort. I've just had my second supy flight and it was so amazing. If you have any questions please PM me and I can try my best to answer, although I know theres more senior CC on here who maybe answer somethings better than I. :)

PrimaveraCero
15th May 2011, 17:09
Yesterday was the first of the two ADs here in Argentina!
I didn't apply this time but I know several mates from an argentinian forum who did (including sheer-luck from this forum) and another bunch is sweating today on the second AD, hope they do well :ok: I can't wait to hear the outcome!
I wonder how many people showed up, I don't know if it's a very popular job or not here for the relocating in Dubai thing. But next year EK is opening flights to Buenos Aires via Rio so maybe it'll gain popularity, who knows!

There's another AD being held in June, I can't apply for that one either but hopefully they'll have another towards the end of this year and then I'll try. In the mean time I'm going through this thread since nşI (currently in VI), copying the most useful posts in a .doc and making notes.

Torontofly
15th May 2011, 17:22
Hi Everyone
I had my FI in Dubai in April 2010 and in May 2010 I had gotten rejected. Now it's been a year and Emirates will be having an open house day on May 28th in Toronto. I will be going to that. I was writing to ask if you guys recommend I make a new profile? or log in to my old one? and change it a bit on the Emirates career website? Please recommend
Thanks!

Is anyone else going to the Toronto Open Day?

Josiejo
15th May 2011, 17:47
Hi,

I had my FI beginning of April in the UK and am wondering if anyone who had their FI in the UK has heard anything yet? My status changed to approval in progress about 3 weeks and am still waiting.

Anyone else in the same position? It seems that a lot of people on here that got to the FI stage late March/April have heard something however they are not from the UK. Can anyone explain why this is?

Thanks in advance.;)

zarah.k
15th May 2011, 18:58
Approval in progress only means your application is waiting for approval. Don't forget all applications are reviewed by HH or a guy who has the final saw in the HR department (not sure if all CC's applications are reviewed by HH). Some got AIP and got a rejection email while others stayed UR and received the GC. I heard some in UK got their GC (on another forum). Don't worry : there is still few people who did their FI in March/April who await an answer.

Torontofly,

Good luck for your coming shining day and congrats on your perseverance.

You don't have to change your account because they will ask you if you attend OD/AD/FI in the past, but you can register online for Toronto's OD and update your profile.

Keep us posted on how it went. Do you know anyone who passed their FI in March from YYZ?

Z

perkin1
15th May 2011, 19:31
Approval in progress is 99% you got the job.
All that happens after this is some background checks and referee checks (they never checked my referees though).
Only if there is a problem with one of the above will you be rejected after 'approval in progress'.
They tell everyone that the applications go to HH, however this rarely happens. They are approved by the SVP of training college.

Recruitment is in overdrive.. I heard from some of the trainers that they are looking at taking 9-10 new batches a week. Split up into Morning, Afternoon, and Evening sessions. The training college will be bursting, however they need to do this to cope with the expansion plans, as well as compensate for all the people who have just resigned after receiving the profit share.

So in other words its looking good! ha ha

zarah.k
15th May 2011, 20:27
Nice to hear from you Perkin1. I remember when I joined, you had been waiting 3-4 months to get your GC. How did your training go? Are you on A380? Is their one thing you wish you had been told not to forget to pack on your way to DBX?

Z

Josiejo
15th May 2011, 20:48
Perkin:
That sounds promising but its like torture waiting! I just want to hear something. Would they leave us this long waiting and still send out a rejection? Also they mentioned at the FI holidays pre-booked will be honored as they have training right through the year? I put down a week that I have pre-booked with the family, do you think they would consider this before offering a DOJ?

Zarah:
Are you still waiting? how long has it been for you? Have you heard anything at all?

Thanks guys;)

zarah.k
15th May 2011, 21:50
I've been waiting for 7 weeks.

JewelF
16th May 2011, 00:53
How do you delete your photos after you've submitted your form online anyone?

Julidzg
16th May 2011, 06:56
Hello everyone,

Last year i had an Assesment Day with Emirates in september, on Bogota, Colombia. I did pretty well there, making it all the way through, until the Final Interveiw. Then i had to wait for the Golden Call, but unfortunately, it never happened, i received the Rejection Mail after 2 weeks of waiting. Since then, there have been a couple of Assessments more, one in December and another in February, thats approximately two months between assesments. But since Ferbuary there hasn't been another assesment, though it has been announced that the next one is going to be in July, so since the last assessment is going to be a 4 month gap. Since i received the Rejection Mail, i'm supossed to have to wait a year until i can reapply, but in July there's going to be 10 months since i had my assesment, so my question is, should i apply for the july assesment???, its going to be allmost a year since i applied, but im affraid that if they find out that there hasnt been a full year, theyre not gonna allow me to be in the assessment, like when they ask at the beggining for the people who hasnt accomplished the period since their previous assesment to leave, and since assisting to the assesment means to me that i have to travel to another city, it would be a little risky thing to do.

So what do you think people?? Do you think that i have a chance?? Or should i wait for the next assessment?? And who knows when that is gonna be...

Please, i need your advice!!

SHEILACC
16th May 2011, 07:01
So today I checked my application and got the NOT SHORTLISTED :ugh:

Anywho, will look forward to the next AD. All the best to all of you who will be attending. Remember to smile and keep the confidence all through.

cheers

kenyan85
16th May 2011, 07:15
SHEILACC, there's always next time. Concentrate on other things for now. julidzg , wait for a year. They'll find out if you don't. cheers

Julidzg
16th May 2011, 07:35
Not shortlisted doesnt mean youre out!! I have a friend who got that, and in the next days that changed, and now she's in Dubai!!

rups
16th May 2011, 07:52
I'm sorry but you will have to wait until it's been a year! they are very strict lately, i believe you have to fill a form stating the last time you attended the interview before the whole process begins!

hey guys are the locations for July out yet??:)

miss candy
16th May 2011, 09:28
thanks tightslot and maco :)
i am no more depressed and sad now, instead am stronger! an preparing myself for the next OD :)!maybe i was just unlucky that day and am only 21, i still have some years infront of me to try :)!

honey16
16th May 2011, 10:39
Good Day Mr R

I hope you are well.

I'm sure you remember me as I was in your group on 7 May and did my FI interview at 14:00pm straight after you on the 8 May. "the only lady with the red lips" yes. :p

well i'm back in Qatar.guess we both waiting :ugh: patiently for some type of feedback.
I'm very happy that you decided to post our some what exhausting but wonderful experience here and hopefully it has shed some light on the actual process and what it involves.

Lets keep eachother posted.
Any other South Africans that attended the Asessments on the 7 May 2011?

For those who will still be attending good luck to you. Go through this forum, it really helps. refere page 64 of mari's post. very insightful.
:ok::ok::ok:

loowla
16th May 2011, 12:02
sheila

im sorry you didn't get shortlisted. wish i could transfer my invite to you. i wont be using it since i have decided to join qatar. im leaving on saturday. but always remember to try again and again. . .. dont lose hope :):)

jewel,
i actually discovered a way to change the photo. . .go back to the A.D list on the careers page and click on the A.D you applied for. it will be like revising your application since the data you entered will still be there. when you get to the photos page just click delete photo and upload the new one. once you're done they will ask which part of the profile you changed and they will send you an email saying they have received the new application with the changes you made :):)

mpgav666
16th May 2011, 12:57
I too I went there. how about the guy who distributed lots of papers. Is he from emirates. I guess no, as I think he works in the hotel. By the way, do you want to meet him one day..... I am so tired now. I need to rest as I was not successful too but i received my call of course to attend AD.

zarah.k
16th May 2011, 15:12
I went to log in my account as I check it every morning, but after 2 unsuccessful attempt, I just saw :

You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest.

Z

nyambura
16th May 2011, 15:52
well, i had my interview on the 18th of april.i have not gotten my GC yet. we were about 16 who made it to the final interview and i know 7 people have gotten their gc's already.some are leaving on the 6th of may, others on 13th and others on 20th may. to those attending the AD next month, all the best! Zarah, i wish you all the best. may that GC come your way too!

kenyan85
16th May 2011, 16:02
congratulations girl, you surely deserve it :D It's funny we were talking about it yesterday and it's finally happened for you!
I'm with Nyambura and the rest of the Nairobi ladies, I believe patience is a virtue, and time is our friend. We will get there, you just have to believe it. In the end, all the waiting will be worth it, and will make the job mean so much more.

Good luck to all those waiting! ;)

zarah.k
16th May 2011, 16:18
nyambura : Thank you for your kind words.

kenyan85 : Thanks, darling! I'm keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for the call. After such a long wait, it would be a blessing. I know yours will come too. Indeed, patience is a virtue and is an essential quality for an aspiring cabin crew. The journey is only beginning.

Cheers,
Z

maco
16th May 2011, 16:23
Congratulations zarah!:DI'm glad for you.I hope you all who are waiting for the GC will come soon.:O

piyal
16th May 2011, 17:36
Is anyone here who has done all the vaccinations for the pre medical? If yes, then how long has it taken for you to finish all of them, and did you wait to submit your medicals till you finished?

zarah.k
16th May 2011, 20:09
Hi,

My status changed today : I was locked out from my account. It remained Under review until yesterday. Some girls got their GC as soon as 2 weeks after our FI which was in March.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement!

xoxo
Z

trizakalerwa
17th May 2011, 05:37
Hey all..
Zarah congratutaltions gal. im so happy for you and for sure patience is a great virtue to uphold. i knew they'd call,told you? all the best and hope to see you soon.
Nyambura dont worry just be patience,they'l give you the call real soon and don't give up,keep hoping daily. Im also leaving on the 6th,maybe i'l meet your friends...
Kenyan85, you too keep hoping,i know you have so much patience considering all this time you have been waiting and trying. the job is yours and soon you'l get your gc.
Sheilacc, sorry for not getting the invite,maybe they'l call you next month if they come and that will be your time to reach the very end,keep trying don't give up and keep praying. God will grant you your hearts desire. all the best gal and all the best to everyone else.
TRIZA

imani
17th May 2011, 09:09
One obstacle down; JUST GOT MY INVITE!!! scheduled on 11th June. Last time i applied for the April AD i got the "NOT SHORTLISTED' status change and now here I am with an invite. so Sheilacc I'm sure you will be invited for the next AD and reading back on pprune there's a Ugandan chic who got the not shortlisted status change and still got an invite. so it aint over till the fat lady sings.;)
Loowla, good for you girl. have a safe flight and make the best of life even with obstacles. live the dream.
Trizah, good on you girl. wish you all the best and hope to join you soon.
Best of luck to everyone going for their AD/OD and all those waiting for their GC/FA.
Let the games begin :p
:)

TightSlot
17th May 2011, 09:12
God will grant you your hearts desire
Neither God, nor Emirates are in the business of granting desires. Emirates is a company, attempting to make a profit - A cold, hard and professional preparation will serve you better at interview, and afterwards.

kenyan85
17th May 2011, 14:43
For what it's worth, I agree with Mr Moderator. Individual performance and a logical, cold outlook will get you far. People have their own reasons of believing in a supernatural power, but personal responsibility is a very important and hard lesson we all have to learn at some point in life. But then again, you can't rationalize faith. So there you go. In other news, does anyone know how many males there are in your average batch? And what's the difference between a Senior Flight Steward and a Purser?

ThatRedHatGirl
17th May 2011, 14:57
SFP= Senior Flight Purser Can act as purser but usually supervising Pursers or checking certain things on particular routes/flights. Some involved in training/developing service procedures & policies

Purser= in charge of all the cabin crew on the flight. Reports to Captain & First Officer

SFS= Senior Flight Steward/Stewardess Supervisor of an area e.g. J or Y Class, in charge of running the service in that area and checking performance of the crew. Reports to Purser, also completes performance reports on crew (good or bad) to identify areas of stregth & weakness.

FG1= First Class Crew

Grade I= Business Class Crew

Grade II= Economy crew

Some SFS fly as a Purser for a period before completing upgrade to Purser. Kind of like a training/evaluation period before they formally become Purser.

To become an SFS you have to be at least a Grade I crew, most are FG1 first. Gives them an understanding of how the service is run. As I understand it, SFS can work in either Y or J depending on the aircraft & flight.

Each position has its own benefits and perks (e.g. accommodation is single for pursers and SFS can apply to live in single accommodation on achieving that position or some crew after 5 years)

Hope this helps.

dina metwally
17th May 2011, 15:19
HI i work as coorporate cabin crew i want to know the maximum age for entering Emirates airlines as a cabin crew

PrimaveraCero
17th May 2011, 16:29
dina metwally have you read the requirements for the job? There you have the answer, in less than 2 sec research.Or you could read the thread, as it was asked and answered several times before.Nonetheless, there's no official maximum age but they don't usually recruit anyone over 35 yo.
Cheers!

ms.solo
17th May 2011, 19:57
[Text speak]

piyal
17th May 2011, 20:02
well even if you don't show it on your CV, if you clear all the rounds, you will need to do paper work, and there they want month to month detail of your previous activities till recent. So, think about it. and its not a crime to leave a job after 5 months, just keep a good reason ready. Hope there is no regulation that you cannot apply within certain period for emirates after you resign from fly dubai.

Torontofly
17th May 2011, 21:48
For those of you who cleared your initial rounds with Emirates could you please e-mail me your photo , the one you submitted to Emirates if you have an electronic copy? I took mine last year but not sure if I got rejected based on that last year
My email is [email protected]
It will be much appreciated ! Thanks

azafata
17th May 2011, 22:37
Hello everybody!!
Is there anybody who can explain to me why is my DOJ (on the candidate's portal) constantly changing? Has anyone got similar experience? Or is it just a computer-generated error, something not worth paying attention to?

MIK2009
18th May 2011, 05:03
DO TRY AGAIN NEXT TIME!!

A friend of mine got accepted on his fourth try outs!! I also think that on the open day you should not show your most desire for the job, just smile and be yourself. I think they observe you very well. Sometimes, its the ones that are poorly dressed, not prepared that get the call! Cause they come in all natural and unprepared and pose no remarks but just by being themselves!!

Plus, i even noticed that emirates do not really want you to over do it on the open day! you know wear a lot of make- up, the noticeable red lipsticks!! even dress up like a cabin crew. They want to know you as you in your natural state of mind!cause like me i know how you feel when you say youve spend a lot of money on make-up, cause been there. When other gals didnt make the same effort! And yes sometimes its all about the right time for you..so DONT GIVE UP!! TRY AND TRY UNTIL YOUR REACH YOUR DREAM!!

GOOD LUCK!

flyfronka
18th May 2011, 08:00
Thank you guys,
this thread was so useful and i made it through the FI, now hoping for the golden call.

PS: good news for boys - they took 3 males as well.
Keep trying.

zarah.k
18th May 2011, 11:37
Hi Torontofly,

here is how you should look like on the photos you'll submit at your FI.
http://i51.tinypic.com/2d85oxw.jpg

In Toronto, it will probably be OD/AD the same day, so the pictures you give along with your CV is only for the recruiter to put a face on your name during AD. At the end, they will give you all the information on how to dress for the FI and on the business attire picture.

Remember :

- Stand straight;
- Both hands on the side so they can see it;
- Wear a tie;
- Vest should buttoned;
- Freshly shaved and not too much gel in your hair;
- Flash that million dollar smile, baby! (Important!)

I don't think you need to pay 300$ for that but just make sure it should look nice, professional and have a white backgroung.

Hope this helps and wish you luck!

Cheers,
Z

kenyan85
18th May 2011, 13:12
Hi guys, just got my rejection email, I didn't make it. Third time trying, that's it for me, I bow out. If anyone needs advice or help in regards to the interview process, send me a PM. Thanks pprune, Mari, RedHatGirl and the rest. Cheers.

spikes2485
18th May 2011, 13:53
hello guys, first of all I would like to thank everyone for their help and advice. I my final interview for emirates yesterday that is, 17th May 2011.

However, after my interview I was not asked to do the IQ test, but was only asked to send them the missing photos- casual ones. Is it important to do the IQ test? If not done does that mean that my chances of being recruited are very weak??

I thank you all in advance for your help and support.

Regards

spikes2485

Daisy Akinyi
18th May 2011, 19:04
Hi fellows? I got a question, my 6months are due on 13th of June. Meanwhile, i got an invite for 12th June. Does a day make any difference? Should i ignore the invite and wait for 6months to end? Am so worried since i dont want anything that might minimize my chances to work with EK. Please, i need advice soonest before i send my confirmation mail. Thanx ya'll...NB: Are the interviewers the same one or they change them every time there's an interview?

rose gil
18th May 2011, 19:25
I'm sure it won't be a problem.....its just a day....

imani
19th May 2011, 06:56
kenyan85, I am so sorry to hear that. I was quite sure that you would get it this time. Do you have at least a slight idea why?! but all in all I would tell you not to give up. I read on this thread that theres a girl who tried 17 times before she FINALLY got the job.hope it wont take you that long though.Right now you might be in a kaleidoscope of emotions but just try and consider giving another try even if it means with other airlines.

spikes2485: hi.good job for getting to the FI stage.I think the personality test is given when an applicant gave all the right answers and demonstrated their capability to do the job but his/her character was not able to shine through enough for the recruiter to make a final decision on what to present in Dubai. Some people are quite hard to read and the easiest way to do so is to give them the personality test.So I think the test is for the final hiring decision but the interview itself is the most important

nyambura
19th May 2011, 07:29
got the rejection email too. well, life goes on and will try next time if i am up for it.as far as i have gathered, we were a total of 17 finalists and they took 7. thanks ya'll. this forum really helped! for those attending the nairobi AD next month, all the best!

TightSlot
19th May 2011, 09:26
They are in it for profit
Correct - did you believe otherwise?

trizakalerwa
19th May 2011, 09:28
[Text speak]

Daisy Akinyi
19th May 2011, 10:44
Hi everyone...its me yet again, am still in dilema...as i posted earlier, i have an invite for 12th June when my 6 months are suppose to end on 13th June. should i go for the interview or just wait for the 6 months to end completely. Problem is...its a one day difference, somebody please advice...

Kenya85

Hey talk to me...were the interviewers faces familiar or there were new faces this time round

Rose Gil
Its the AD i have been called for...not the OD

rose gil
19th May 2011, 11:15
Go for it its just a day and i know someone who went.....anyways you have to drop your cv off on the 12th they will call you back on the 13th ....so when you have to fill the form out it will be the 13th.....

Kassie
19th May 2011, 11:47
Hi all so i can't log into my account :ugh:I kow this is soo normal also it change to you will be contacted....I cannot express my joys...:oh: and many thanks for all the wonderful helpful post by everyone...hope my GC comes soon...

OD - 16 April 2011
AD- 17 April 2011
F.I - 02 May 2011
Approval In Progress - 12 May 2011
Locked out - 18 May 2011

GC ??? nothing yet....

Wish me luck :ok: :sad:

Additionally Kenyan I' m sorry you got the rejection email...but keep on trying don't give up! I got rejected last year and i did it again this year...

Keep your head up - Tupac:)

lavylav
19th May 2011, 13:38
Hi guys, the forum has been very helpful. Thanks a lot to everyone who has contributed to it :D Anyway I had my FI on 1st May and I have been waiting for GC since then. We were about 7 people who made it to the FI, 2guys and 5 ladies....well guess what the guys are already through, they got their GC after 2 weeks and the other ladies have received some communication from Emirates but I have not received anything from HR. My online status has been UNDER REVIEW since they invited me to the OD but when they asked us to write our online reference number, I could not remember so they told me to just write the reference that I had on that day. Well am still waiting for the GC and like most of you have written, it is the most tiring if not argonising wait. By the way do they call you with UNKNOWN numbers too because I had a missed call from an Unknown number.....GOOD LUCK to all who are trying to get in, it is not easy that I can assure you all:=

zarah.k
19th May 2011, 14:11
Hi Kassie,

congratulations! Wait at least until sunday as their office will be closed Friday and Saturday.

Kenyan85

Just to let you know your posts were really inspiring to everyone here and I wish you the best of luck in all your coming projects.

Z

perkin1
19th May 2011, 14:45
Kenyan, dont take it to heart. Its just dependant on your recruiters really...
Some of the new recruits ive seen in traning college over the last month... you really wonder how the **** they got the job, honestly the quality of some of the people ive seen... not good
How they can hire these people and not you? i have no idea.

Its a shame because the interviews in some countries (like Kenya) the competition is very tough with thousands applying for each assessment day where they only have a quota of 5-10 people to hire...

then you have other places with 100 showing up.. yet only 10 of these people can actually speak english properly.. though the recruiters were asked to recruit 20..

a friend of mine came through an open day in Tasmania, Australia... only 14 people showed up!! they hired 5...

easyman82
19th May 2011, 15:44
No one should give up his/her dream really!! I'm trying since 2008 until today and I will never give up.

perkin1
19th May 2011, 17:15
In reality people dont get fired here that easily....
unless you show up to work drunk/on drugs or verbally abuse a passenger (with a witness watching), the worst youll get is a warning...
Even if you open the door in the armed mode, they generally just send you back to training college....
at the end of the day when they spend thousands on flying you over here and training you up, moneywise its not in their best interest to fire you.

There are many employees here with 20+ sick days per year... (basically whenever they have a flight they dont want they call sick), also some with 4,5 absents per year.
Obviously they arent getting any upgrades with these kind of records, but they havent been fired either.

baccrat
19th May 2011, 18:46
I was wondering... Maybe some one like Mari or Redhatgirl could help... Well... My question is... Do anyone knows SOMEBODY who has been hired after failing a first final interview? I mean... SOmeone who had been rejected in the last stage... Tried again... and got hired (someone honest, who admitted their previous final interview to the recruiters)... I was wondering because I've never seen that in the last 3 years... and I'm a little bit worried of being soooooooooooooo focused in a project that is doomed from the very first moment... You know...

Maybe they took in consideration your previous final interviews (even when they say they DON'T)... But maybe they do... And would be a shame... Because ONE BAD IMPRESSION to ONE RECRUITER in your past should not be DEFINITIVE to prevent someone from being hired... As the own recruiters said... Maybe that day was not your day, so simple... :(

Can anyone please put some light on this? :( :( :(

THANKS POEOPLE!

Kassie
19th May 2011, 18:58
My golden call came this evening....Guys I am so happy :D Thanks for all the support

Kassie
19th May 2011, 19:01
I got the same recruiter this time...from my last interview where I failed and to me it went pretty well. There was so much more we could have spoke about knowing that I got rejected a year ago,,Be honest :)

piyal
19th May 2011, 19:48
third time lucky.....falls right in my lap.
I have given emirates interview twice before this, been to the final interview, both the times, but were rejected. this time, I went with more dedication and preparation and I did get my GC!! don't lose hope. and one of my recruiter was the same that i met the last time.

Torontofly
19th May 2011, 19:49
Hey Hi Guys
I am getting my photos done tomorrow for the open day
quick question
would you guys recommend smiling with teeth showing? or no teeth?
Please advise thanks

piyal
19th May 2011, 20:00
has to be with teeth showing
wear a nice red lipstick, if possible
legs straight
hands to the side
jacket must

piyal
19th May 2011, 20:31
Just give your best. Don't leave any stone unturned. that is all.
rest is up to them and their judgement. but you should know that you have performed to your best. So research on how to succeed in interview. practice them, but don't lose yourself. The Golden Rule for Golden Call: Be seen not heard, on your AD, And Be heard not just be seen on your FI:

donna424
20th May 2011, 01:43
Hi all,

Is there anyone here who got invited to the AD in Osaka this June 5? I applied few days ago online and got this email:

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for submitting your documents. They have arrived safely at our office.
For a number of reasons, it has been decided that the next two or three Japan campaigns will be based in Osaka. There are multiple reasons for this.

Invitations to the Initial Screening interviews will be sent out in the next few days.

Please note the following changes:
Initial Screening stage will now be held only in Osaka on Sunday June 5th.
The Screening stage will be held on June 27th and June 28th.
Final Interviews will be held on June 29th to July 3rd.

We look forward to meeting you in June.

------

Although it is not exactly an invitation letter, do you think it's as good as one? If anyone else here is going tho this AD, I would love to know if you received this same email. My status in the application still says "application under review" so I don't want to get my hopes up too high.

Any comment will be appreciated :)

D

Torontofly
20th May 2011, 02:42
Hi, I retook my photos today and before I get them printed for the open day, what sizes do the full length photos & passport need to be?

zarah.k
20th May 2011, 03:28
You don't need them before FI : at end of your AD, if you made it that far, they will provide you with all the informations regarding your photos. Passport size is 1,5' x 2'.

donna424
Did you apply for an AD? And if so, did you see any agency stated? It looks like you'll receive another invitation mail but they just wanted to give you the information regarding the change. Meaning it's a good sign.

Cheers,
Z

lilibue
20th May 2011, 08:34
hi,i will be having my AD in Nairobi on 12 June and i am so nervous i do not know what to expect.i would like to know what documents to carry for that day and what are some of the questions asked in the psychometric test:confused:

congratulations for getting your GC :D

spikes2485
20th May 2011, 09:11
[Text speak]

spikes2485
20th May 2011, 10:12
For the open day, you will have to bring everything as they specify in their advertisement or website that is your photos, cv and of course you need to be well dressed because first impression counts. dress code is also specify. so please do make sure that you follow the instructions.

for the assessment day, well we were around 80 and were divided into 2 groups for the group discussion. we had to introduce the person on our right. while we were discussing the 2 ladies did the reach test and asked us questions about what we were doing.
Important - when it will be your turn for the reach test please ensure that you walk properly to them as i do think you body language counts a lot. be yourself, relax and answer their questions.

after each assessment they reduce the number of people- those who might have been no to the standard.

we then had an english test and after that again some people were eliminated. those having english as their 1st language were not asked to do the test.

then again we had another group discussion. and after that we were asked to tell them about any marks that we have or tattoos on our body.

final interview was alright- questions mostly about you, how you handle a stressful situation... however as i previously mentioned, i did not do iq test, though the guy just before me was asked to do it.

is it important to do an iq test???? i do not know :confused: :confused: :confused:

overall i would say that when attending the assessment day just be yourself, body language counts, smileeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

piyal
20th May 2011, 10:43
well not sure if you are a guy or a girl....but just be your natural self, wear a tee shirt and jeans, avoid shorts and more casual stuff, because at the end you are sending them for a professional purpose.

spikes2485
20th May 2011, 10:49
@ piyal

thanks for the tips :) well am a guy actually

btw- do you know anything about the IQ test? do we really need to do it?

donna424
20th May 2011, 11:46
zarah.k

Thank you for the positive opinion, I really do hope it is a good sign and hope to receive the invitation email soon.

Yes, I applied online for AD and the email I mentioned above was sent by an officer from a company called Airlige, which seem to be the agency accredited by the EK to hold screenings in Japan.

Fingers crossed! :)
D

zarah.k
20th May 2011, 11:55
Hey,

thought I might give you the breakdown :

March 26 : OD/AD
March 29 : FI
Status remained Under review until May 15 :confused:
May 16 : You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest. :)
May 17 : Missed the call and received an email : Emirates offer - Cabin crew.
May 18 : Golden Call :O
July 4 : DOJ :D

spikes2485

Avoid party pictures and take preferably one where you stand alone. The best asset : your smile! They told us to bring a picture in casual setting since it's a casual photo. But even if it's casual, the quality should be appreciable.

Z

piyal
20th May 2011, 12:25
Zarah.K: Congratulations!!! Even my DOJ is 4th of July :)...see you there, hopefully same batch.
Spikes2485: I didn't have to take the IQ test. But what I have heard its more like any other aptitude test with basic reasoning, symbols and stuff. very basic, so nothing to worry about. can practice some online if you want.

akoti19
20th May 2011, 15:48
Would really like to meet you on the AD,I hope you have responded positively to the invite before it is too late.As for me am reading through all these posts in preparation.I hope to make it all the way because age wise am not getting any younger.

Daisy Akinyi
20th May 2011, 16:38
Hi there? please kindly i need your help. I have my AD on 12th June and am worried about a few things. I am in dire need to know what took place, from stage one to the last one. The last time i didnt make it past first stage. What happens from there? At the end of your interview did you do the IQ test. What does the test entail.....What type of shoes am i suppose to put on. Do i have to be in a suit during my AD or can dress smartly and very professional. And just incase i pull through for the final interviews, what takes place there. What posture do you assume during the one on one interview. Zarah, please, get back to me. I need to get it right this time round. Akoti19: I hope you are fully prepared for the AD and please dont worry about age:) your not old, if anything there are people who get this wonderful job in their 30s. Well for me, am so nervous but i pray for the best this time round. Between when was your last AD. I ask this 'cause have been called for the AD a day before my 6months end...but, am embracing the opportunity:). Mari, i ask not because i dont but because, the last time i had my AD, I had everything right but because i didnt pull through, i will be delighted if somebody who made it through assures me of a few thing. Just need an advice, dear. Thanx

Mari
20th May 2011, 16:54
They gave you 6 months to prepare for your next attempt. It's enough time to go through this thread: dozens of people wrote down their experience IN DETAIL. From many people's opinion you can make up your mind and you will KNOW what to wear and what to expact during the day. You will be calm and confident, no surprises.

I can't believe that the grooming is on the table again! Why don't you just google "business attire female" or "interview attire"?

TightSlot
20th May 2011, 17:05
They'll do anything except actually read the information that already exists - Depressing isn't it.

ThatRedHatGirl
20th May 2011, 17:15
Honestly, some of you make me want to do this: :ugh:

Also I'd just like to take the time to ackknowledge the small percentage of you who bothered to thank me for replying to their 'desperate/urgent/life-altering/need-it-now" PM's requesting information. It's nice to know some people still have manners. I like to help people out as I've been in those shoes as a newbie applying but I think I'm losing the will to bother any more... :mad:

I don't think "what to wear to an airline interview" has changed much in the last 50 years...

spikes2485
20th May 2011, 17:33
thanks to everyone for taking some of their time to reply my thread. am very grateful to you and i do hope that we all meet one day in Dubai. fingers crossed :))))

Torontofly
20th May 2011, 18:26
Hi Ladies,
I have medium length hair little bit below my shoulders.
I was wondering what hair do would be good and acceptable?

FRENCH TWIST : http://scagle.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/how-to-french-twist-hair-2.jpg

OR

SIMPLE BUN : http://www.womenxone.com/files/2010/04/Simple-Bun-hairstyle-for-women-2.jpg

Please advise Thanks!!:ok:

piyal
20th May 2011, 18:29
Both acceptable. wear the one that looks best on you and that you can manage for the whole day. less maintenance I mean

spikes2485
20th May 2011, 18:38
me again :)

i wanted to share something with you guys. believe me or not i attended my od and ad without any preparation - its my first attempt. i had no idea about the different assessment that you have to do on ad. i just went there and am still wondering how i reached my FI. its only after the FI that i came to know of this blog. i read almost all the threads.

i dont know but i do think that going without knowing anything can be good also since you are more likely to be yourself and no pressure.

however, i have doubts if i will have my golden call, but am happy that i made it till the FI :) :) :)

Rick10
20th May 2011, 19:12
Hi there,

Is anyone going tomorrow to the OD in Marseille,Fr?

Thanks

zarah.k
20th May 2011, 22:29
Hi ladies,

It's true that reading the thread is really helpful as you prepare for your coming OD/AD/FI. If you are searching for a specific information, you can use the Search engine at the right top of the thread to make it easier. Being prepared will give you more confidence. :)

lilibue
In the invitation, they give you a list of documents needed for your AD which normally a picture along with your CV. The full size photos are for your FI but if you want, you can have them ready before. There is not much to be said on the psychometric test. It will be done at home after your AD. Just read the questions carefully because sometimes they are rephrased.

Daisy Akinyi
The IQ test was before FI. I think the best advice would be not to stress too much. And we won't say it enough, be yourself, be positive and SMILE. It's normal to be nervous since it's your 2nd try, but if you listen to the advices given here, you'll get through it. Don't forget your outfit is not everything, but it's also how the recruiters perceive you throughout the day. Regarding the interview, you can read one of my previous post : http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/430226-emirates-wannabes-recruitment-viii-75.html#post6350655

Cheers,
Z

maria16
21st May 2011, 14:23
does anyone know if Emirates is currently not hiring Filipino for Cabin Crew post. thanks

black african male
21st May 2011, 15:55
:eek: qatar open day recruiters are wicked . am black , i work for a british airline . wen i go for interviews they choose asians or indians. for black people i guess you have to look like beyonce to make it as cabin crew. i think management needs to have a deep look at this , wat image are they portraying ? :cool:

givemewings
21st May 2011, 19:07
So not true. Plenty of Africans working in EK. Had 3 on my last flight alone. Overreaction!!!

Maybe it could just be that you didn't fit the all-round criteria that they have (which by the way does not include where you are from, or all crew would be the same race/nationality)

I reckon EK would probably be the airline you'd have most chance with- over 100 nationalities and rising!!! :=

Mari
21st May 2011, 20:55
Well, if you go on the Emirates homepage, an African girl is smiling at you in Emirates uniform... (All the models are Emirates cabin crew.) Emirates does hire boys and girls from all over the world.

Welcome to Emirates Group Careers Centre - Work for Emirates (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/english/)

However, there are thousands applicants for each AD in the African countries, so it's quite difficult to get an invite!!! It's also difficult to be chosen as there are hundreds of applicants at the assessment days. It's harder for boys as 75% of the crew must be female, so they obviously hire less boys than girls.

You said you work for a British airline but I don't know where you are based. If you have a chance to go for an assessment day in the UK, I would rather try that if I were you.

lavylav
22nd May 2011, 10:36
Hahaha you are right I know am new here but it does not take a rocket scientist to know that CC needs to be smartly dressed at all times!Anyway I read the thread and I have found a lot of usefull infor especially from some specific individuals THANKS AND BE BLESSED!For those of you wondering about the dress code, well someone took the liberty to even send photos earlier so please retrack and reread

Torontofly
22nd May 2011, 16:04
Hi,

My question is for those people who tried for Emirates the second time after their Final Interview & waiting for 1 year period.:)

When you re-applied to Emirates online for an Open Day, did you use your old account ( from when you were unsuccessful), or did you create a new account:confused:?

Any insight on this would be useful, thankyou:rolleyes:

QatarCabinCrew
22nd May 2011, 18:03
Hi, I'm planning to apply as a Cabin Crew for Emirates in Hong Kong this June 10, but I'm afraid I have to go through their Agency which is SASS Atlantic -- this agency is based in Singapore. When I asked them (SASS) they said they only hire Chinese-speaking applicants? It's really weird for EK.

In any case, I'm just wondering because they said that preliminary selections on the open day will be done in conjunction with their appointed agency which is SASS Atlantic. Does this mean I have to get assessed by SASS Atlantic? I'm worried because I'm from another country and I plan to visit HK just for that Open Day (ticket prices are uber high). I just want to make sure that I get a chance and not be denied entry on an Open Day because I'm not Chinese-speaking.

Please help me out! I've been wanting to apply as a cabin crew for Emirates because they have the best salary and benefits! I also want to help my family out.

pinkprincess2011
22nd May 2011, 18:29
Hi
My doj is 20th June too. I am soooo excited and cant wait to move to Dubai. Do you know when we will know about our accommodation? x

piyal
22nd May 2011, 18:43
Can someone please help me. I need to the 12 destinations that EK flies on A380, can someone please tell me that?

ThatRedHatGirl
22nd May 2011, 19:12
Check out the EK (main not careers) website. Everything you need to know about the A380 is there. Good research tool ;)

piyal
22nd May 2011, 19:44
Thanks. I have been doing a lot of research, for the work book given and otherwise also. I think I got a little lost on their site, and missed the details I wanted. I will check again. Actually, I have been pretty confused about choosing between a380 and regular fleet, so trying to make a choice. Can you help me please.

Torontofly
22nd May 2011, 20:43
Hi Piyal, please see this site

Emirates A380 Flight Schedule | The Emirates A380 | Our Fleet | Flying with Emirates | Emirates (http://www.emirates.com/english/flying/our_fleet/emirates_a380/emirates_schedule/emirates_flight_schedule.aspx)

How is it working on the A380?
YouTube - ‪A380 behind the scenes cabin view‬‎

A380 means less destinations but more days off. It has great destinations and usually long-haul flights:ok:

ThatRedHatGirl
22nd May 2011, 20:45
Just go to EK website and look under 'Flying With Emirates'. It's not hard to find there, just have a look round. If I tell you exactly where to get it, you won;t learn anything will you :p

I'm not sure what is all this talk of 'choosing a fleet'.

If you've been send the work book and are a week or so from joining then unless you've been advised otherwise I'd say you're 99% getting main fleet. No one I know of turned up in Dubai to be told they would be on A380, it all happened before they flew to join.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear!

piyal
22nd May 2011, 21:08
Torontofly: Thanks for the link. hope your photos are sorted. Let me know if you need help.
ThatRedHatGirl: I agree, I need to explore the site myself to know things. Thanks for the Opening but. Well, actually, I was offered A380 during FI. which I had declined. But now just wondering if I did the right thing. Because, someone I know who flies the A380, said I could ask for it now, if I want to. so, that got me confused.

PrimaveraCero
22nd May 2011, 21:20
Good Sunday to all here!
I want to show you a little youtube video that I found after seeing the one Torontofly posted. In this, pay special attention to the "Emirates Smiles" part... you can see some of the X-factor there for sure ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKvaC4TavVs

Ps: Hey, how do I embed the video here? can't seem to find the right code to paste between de Youtube tags. :bored: ---> EDITED!! I just pasted the long link without tags and it turned automatically into the video.

And another one! Look at the Lounge in minute 1:10-ish, and then another episode of "Emirates Smiles" for you to look and learn, I particularly love how the passenger is so satisfied with the service! That's when you know he'll be flying with EK for life!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzeoCAfdKj4

ThatRedHatGirl
22nd May 2011, 21:44
Piyal,

well the way I see it, if you have not flown before then it is probably good to start on main fleet, see lots of destinations and you wouldn't know any different with the turnarounds and 'bad' flights like people who have flown before. You could apply for A380 after 6-12 months (or maybe sooner if they are desperate for crew!)

But for those who have flown before it seems lots of them get put to A380, maybe they like experienced crew there. If you don't really feel one way or the other then don't worry about it, but if you really wanted A380 I suppose it wouldn't hurt to say so.

Since you already declined them though my guess is main fleet. You can try applying later perhaps.

Yeah the EK website is a good place to find the answers for your book, its how I filled mine out :8

PrimaveraCero
22nd May 2011, 21:53
And if you thought you couldn't find more videos, they keep getting better and better!! This one is about the A380, the seats and also the crew. I like paying attention to details in them, their looks and how they talk to the passenger, answer his questions thoroughly and always very politely (of course, EK smile inluded!)
This one includes male and female crew, asian, blonde, black.. see for yourself:
YouTube - ‪Luxury, Beauty and Style: Emirates A-380 and Crew‬‏

Hope you like it :ok:

dreams82
23rd May 2011, 08:23
Please help me out,just wondering,wether Ek will hire me,i have a slight squint,its not permnent,it only appears when i take my glasses off:confused:

Daisy Akinyi
23rd May 2011, 09:08
Dont be worried about that...my best friend had the same problem..hers to were only visible when she removed her her glasses but guess what...she is working for EK as we speak...Go for it and dont get worried. Be confident and happy about yourself....:ok:These are the few reasons why one might not be successful in an interview

Personal appearance (http://www.flightattendantcabincrewtraining.com/grooming.htm) not up to the desired standards.
Overbearing, overaggressive, egoistical behavior.
Lack of purpose or lack of goal setting.
Inability to co-relate personal qualities to flight attendant duties.
Unable to relate real-world examples when asked behavioral-type questions (http://www.flightattendantcabincrewtraining.com/interviewtips.htm).
Lack of enthusiasm - passive or indifferent.
Inability to listen to the interviewer or poor grasping power; too focused on how you are going to respond.
Making derogatory remarks about your previous employer.
Overemphasis and aggressive on compensation (http://www.flightattendantcabincrewtraining.com/flightattendant-remuneration.htm).
Poor body language.
Concerns over relocation.
Lack of tact, maturity, courtesy.
Evasive, making excuses for unfavorable factors in work history.
Inability to maintain a conversation, poor communication skills (http://www.flightattendantcabincrewtraining.com/cc.htm).
Lack of commitment or direction in thoughts.
Failure to ask questions about the flight attendant (http://www.flightattendantcabincrewtraining.com/) position.
Very little knowledge about the duties and responsibilities of a flight attendant.
Persistent "What can you do for me?" attitude.
Lack of preparation - no knowledge of the airline, resulting in an inability to ask intelligent questions.

akoti19
23rd May 2011, 11:07
i am a size 37.5 and curvy black African female,from the videos i have watched of emirates cabin crew,the ladies are really slim.only a few days to the Nairobi AD,I hope they really don't lean much on my size and color and consider other qualities that I believe I posses.:cool:
to all those attending the AD,all the best.:p:p

spikes2485
23rd May 2011, 11:30
hello guys- for the casual pics do i have to take it on plain background or anywhere.

clothes (blue jeans and white t-shirt)

PrimaveraCero
23rd May 2011, 16:07
dreams82 What do you mean by 'squint'? Your eyes get a little crossed? Bear in mind that glasses are not permitted in EK standards, but you can use soft permeable contact lenses... so maybe your little worry goes away with them. However I read Mari posted before that you can wear your glasses only with a letter of your doctor telling that you can't wear contact lenses anymore and you have to submit a new letter every three months. Oh and if you don't have problems using your contacts, you should always have a pair of backup glasses just in case. ;)

Daisy Akinyi useful list, let's turn it to the opposite for the TO DO list

akoti19 For the color you shouldn't be the least bit worried, EK doesn't care about that. As for your size, calculate your Body Mass Index (BMI) it should be in the normal range between 19-24. (google BMI calculators online! there are tons!)
If yours is between 16-18/25-30 they see if you have an appropriate body frame and proportions. Below 16 and above 30 are unacceptable.

spikes2485 take your casual photos in casual locations (a.k.a. anywhere!) they can be on your holidays, in a park, in your backyard, with a view... etc. They should be full lenght without sunglasses, your face must be clear to recognize you. Make sure you don't look too different from the bussiness attire pics.
And remember, no party pictures: no drinks in your hand, no cigarettes, no people in the background and it is better if you are alone.

MissUAE
23rd May 2011, 17:10
A European girl living in Dubai can attend an EK's Open Day there or they just recruit to National girls (Arabs)???

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Kenyanbabe
23rd May 2011, 17:25
For now, the EK website specifies that CV dropoff in Dubai is for those fluent in written and spoken Arabic only. . . Wait until it is open to all nationalities.

elrehab
23rd May 2011, 17:51
just something to add. i've been a reader of lots of these posts about emirates airlines etc, i honestly had doubts that i would be suited as a flight attendant, but lo and behold, i just got a job with an airline in my home country. I didnt go into the 8 hr group/one on one interviews nervous. In saying that i already had another job lined up in case and i also had plans to study another career if i wasnt sucessful. You need to take life as it comes and dont stress. i find people writing posts here stressing about stuff. To tell you the truth, i wouldnt want some of you as my flight attendant. I want smart mature confident people.

To those people who have applied many times and didnt make it. And still trying, well you need to do some soul searching. You keep hitting a brick wall for no reason. Being a flight attendant is not the be all and end all of life. Yes, you do have to have a good image, and if you dont have it, then change your image, or search for another career. I heard ridiculous stories of people applying for emirates 8 times!! i mean seriously if emirates didnt like you to begin with, sure fix yourself up and try again, but thats it. why keep applying and being rejected...

As they told me in the interview i attended, working as a cabin crew is not glamorous and if people have that impression they shouldnt be applying. in most cases you will be too tired to see countries properly. I've read a lot of posts here about people concerned about age. Well I'm 30 this year and i've been hired in the industry. i was going to attend emirates open day in my country in a few weeks, but have decided not to, as i want to experience flying around locally in my own country. regarding emirates, i got an invitation and my application is under review. im not the most good looking person around, but i did spend over $400 on my outfit and make-up. So appearance matters. There were people in my airline interview wearing short skirts, with no stockings. they didnt make it.Weight is also an issue. You have to be realistic here. Airlines dont want to employ overweight people. Airplanes are cramped enough, so you need to fit through the plane aisles! also customer service skills help. i have had over 12 years experience in the customer service industry..if you're going to match me up to a pretty 21 year old with no customer service skills, then hey who cares about age when you have a skill they desire. I'll be called for an interview for sure. To those people freaked out about emirates open day interviews whatever, i can understand if you're freaked because you have no customer service skills, but if you do, then you have plenty to talk about. During my interview with this airline i will work for soon, they wanted people who were confident and can handle problems on the spot without hesitation. I guarantee people who will not pass the interview were not able to answer their questions properly due to lack of experience..

if you are a shy person forget about applying. If you're not a 'talker', then forget applying. If you can't warm up to people and do not possess any charm, then forget it. In group interviews, they will see how well you interact with people. and all this nonsense i hear about not asking questions in an emirates open day is nonsense. Airlines WANT you to ask questions. They want people who can 'learn'. In group interviews if you are 'quiet' then you dont have a chance. im not saying to take over the group and not let anyone speak, but you need to contribute.

Also keep in mind, moving to another country may sound all glamorous, but if you;re a 21 year old with no life skills, you're going to find it tough and you wont last long in the industry. I say , apply and work for your local airline to really find out if this business is for you and gain skills.

elrehab
23rd May 2011, 18:09
@miss uae

its an 'open day' , anyone can attend from anywhere. They sent me an invite to attend an open day in a place other than my home. So as long as you make an appearance anywhere in the world, thats fine.

oh, then i might need to fix what im saying, if the website says its looking for arabic speakers, then you obviously cant attend. and if you do, you might look a bit silly

zarah.k
23rd May 2011, 18:26
elrehab
i find people writing posts here stressing about stuff. To tell you the truth, i wouldnt want some of you as my flight attendant. I want smart mature confident people.

I think that's what airlines are looking for too. Being a cabin crew is a very demanding job but it's equally rewarding. It would be advised for some people to do some research about the job before applying. I'm sure you will be an excellent flight attendant. This job is like a passion, you either hate it or you love it.

Good luck,
Z

Lui.x
23rd May 2011, 21:23
Today I just finished uploading all the medicals. However, some people have told me that I should also submit my Xrays, although I don't know how can I scan them, especially the Chest Xray due to its dimensions and the fact that is an Xray (you need a bright light to make the contrast so it can be seen). Any help regarding this issue? Thank you very much in advance!

darya19
24th May 2011, 01:08
[Text speak]

zarah.k
24th May 2011, 02:10
Not sure where it says you have to upload XRays on the form. I think you have to bring it with you in Dubai. Have you tried the Questions tool on the portal? You'll be sure to have the right answer.

-----

Just to say I'm not sure about this. It says we should upload the report, but maybe it's the Xrays like you say.

Z

elrehab
24th May 2011, 02:35
thanks Zarah, you're right. Research is a must. I feel now what i wanted at 20 years of age differs to what i know want at 30. I'm really here reallly trying to tell older people who do want to apply, to not let age get in the way. Before i got the job, i let my age influence me a little in thinking negatively, and that they will hire young, pretty girls, but that wasnt the case. I think interviewers are not dumb, they will choose based on the vibe they feel from you. So its not about pretty looks. if you're pretty and dumb, well they wont have confidence you'll get the job done so they wont hire you. I've flown Emirates and i sense a really confident streak with their crew. I know what Emirates wants. If you are planning to become cabin crew with emirates, i feel you should book a holiday and fly with them, so you understand them better.

A lot of people live in a dream world, Emirates is not the only airline around. People who have never flown with them as passengers shouldnt go crazy about thinking how great they are. You need to experience it for yourself. Truly, they do the same job as cabin crew from other airlines. I honestly only liked emirates because of the food..theres plenty of it..thats about it...

A woman i know was nearly 40 and hired all because she had a great personality and the interviewers saw that. She told me they told her that we dont really need to interview you, because we want you. How cool is that!. And if you are very young and didnt make it, then immaturity is probably why.

I wanna say to people, dont worry about age and if you feel you are too old.. Dont give up your studies to join an airline. Having a degree is important and they asked me this in my interview. They also ask you this, when you apply online for emirates, so they obviously view this highly.

and if you have prior experience in working for an airline, then you'll breeze through the interview. So start off anywhere and then work you're way up applying for such airlines as emirates. Well anyway, thats my plan.

My friends friend got a job for emirates and she was about 35 , but she had years of experience working for other airlines. Now she's working for Gulf Air.

So everyone, relax, take a deep breathe and dont panic. Do your best, and yes, do brush up on your image and wear good expensive makeup like MAC and have your hair in a natural colour. Stand tall and act confident!

by the way, im going to be working for Tiger Airways soon.

dreams82
24th May 2011, 08:39
Hey Daisy,thanks for the help,i failed last year at my Ad because i was too nervous was worried about reapplying when i thought about my squint,so does your best friend wear glasses to work?;)
PrimaveraCero,thanks for the tip but i always see some Ek cabin crew wearing glasses,guess they have that letter that you are talking about, i have actually walked up to some of them and asked them if they went for their interviews wearing glasses.A squint is when you get a little cross eyed and mine are only seem to switch on when i take my glasses off,i can read and see without my glasses
elrehab.thanks for your post,has a lot of truth to it and inspiring as well

expatinaction
24th May 2011, 09:48
Hi there, just a thought but if you only squint when you take them off then leave them on?? Or, alternatively if you can "see and read" without them don't wear them for the AD?? If they cause you stress why don't you get some soft lenses?? Good luck.

MissUAE

The C.V drop off at HQ is only for Arabic speakers. As for Open Days I don't even know if they have them in Dubai???? However, there is an Open Day in Seville on May 28th or Barcelona on June 4th, the details are on the website, wouldn't that be easier for you?? Equally they have quite a few Assessment Days coming up in the U.K, which is not too far to travel.

akoti19
24th May 2011, 11:37
primaveracero thank you for the encouragement.:ok:

as for the advisers,of late it seems some of you have become tired quiet irritant of the many questions asked by us wannabes.Yes most of them are nearly the same or more-so repeated but please do consider that for every wannabe,it is an all new individual experience and believe me,any new post of advice given is of great value and doesn't go unappreciated nor ignored.I believe that was the reason behind creation of this forum,otherwise we would only have "one grooming advice,one AD experience shared and one Experience shared by a practicing cabin crew".
As for me,I hope that in the event I get to secure this job,I endeavor to help any wannabe seeking advice in order to realize his/her dream of becoming Emirates cabin crew.Thank you .:p:p

Daisy Akinyi
24th May 2011, 15:23
You have raised a very good point. I believe the reason for this forum is to spread rumours in different experiences we go through during interviews. Thats why its called professional pilot rumour network. People are enabled to air out their problems even so it was tackled before and people also get to share their experiences. I now dont see the need why others should get offended by what people say. If you dont feel like answering or contributing then better keep murm. Otherwise....keep on doing your research for the AD. Please again dont feel intimidated by your body type...it might just be an asset. Go for it and dont worry much about your body:) worry about the impression you need to create during your interview. Go geared towards achieving your dreams...:)

elrehab
24th May 2011, 15:52
just curious, but whats the pay like working for emirates per month? is the pay any good?

anacernic
24th May 2011, 17:04
Yes, you have to upload all the x-rays too. From the dentist and chest x-ray. I had no problems scanning with normal scanner, i had my chest x-ray on cd, and it's still seen very good. For the chest x-ray I would go to some place, where they have those big copy machines. I am 100% sure, that they can scan you there, and you will upload it on the portal!

QatarCabinCrew
24th May 2011, 17:35
I don't think anybody was able to answer my question. I really need your help guys.
I'm planning to go to Hong Kong for the Open Day this June 11 (Haven't booked tickets yet). However there's a note on the note saying: "
Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency Sass Atlantic."

As I understand, it will be SASS Atlantic who will conduct the prescreening and when I contacted SASS Atlantic, they said they only require Chinese-speaking applicants. I have to go to my local agency in my country for information.

I'm worried because I'm from another country and I plan to visit HK just for that Open Day (ticket prices are uber high). I just want to make sure that I get a chance and not be denied entry on an Open Day because I'm not Chinese-speaking.

I hope you can help me out.

piyal
24th May 2011, 21:08
well in my country too there was a criteria for regional language. there was a pre selection done by the agency, where they asked people to speak and write in that language, and then if everything went well, were invited for the AD. No EK staff. May be they wanted to push the regional people. That's all i can say. i don't know, how it works there.

QatarCabinCrew
25th May 2011, 00:45
thanks for the reply! so most likely the SASS Agency are just looking really for Chinese-speaking cabin crew before they hand the prescreened applicants over to Emirates. Darn it. It's so difficult to find a good OD for Emirates in my country. Even in Qatar Airways, they conduct OD regularly (around every quarter) but mostly, they're hiring only Female Cabin crew.

Hope somebody can also share their thoughts.

jaysonq_2
25th May 2011, 04:08
i emailed ek regarding hk od, they said they will only hire applicants who can speak Cantonese or mandarin.

imani
25th May 2011, 07:05
Hi. to answer your question i copy pasted this information from a post a ppruner-Mari-made. hope it answers your question regarding the salary.

1 U.S. dollar = 3.6725 dirhams
EMIRATES

Starting salary: 3915 dhs
Hourly pay: 53,50 dhs
Meal allowances: in cash during layovers
Duty free allowance: economy crew can do DF on the A380
Living-out allowance: 45000 dhs per year if you stay outside

There was no bonus and pay-rise in 2009 but beside that, there is bonus (profit share) each year and regular pay-rise.

Upgrade to Business Class: 14-18 months normally if you join now. Your basic salary increases a couple hundred dirham at each step. So does the flying pay.
Business class: 59,50 dhs
First Class: 65,60 dhs
SFS: 81 dhs
Purser: 87 dhs

Single accomodation for SFSs/Pursers or Living-out allowance of 65000 dhs per year.

A main fleet roster:

- it's from a new-joiner, her first roster, this year -

2. OFF
3. Delhi
4.OFF
5 Karachi
6-7 Düsseldorf (24 hours)
9.Bombai
11-12 OFF
13-14 Male-Colombo (layover at Colombo 30 hours)
16-17 Moscow (24 hours)
19 OFF
20 Delhi
21 OFF
22-23 Venice (24 hours)
25-26 OFF
27-29 Dakar (24 hours)

Meal allowances: appr. 1000-2000 dhs extra in a FULL month.

You fly 70-100 hours a month if you don't call sick, don't have vacation. If you are unlucky, you have 5-8 turnarounds. Normally, you should have only 2-4 turnarounds. Lots of night flights!!!

A380 roster:

1-3 New York (30 hours)
4-6 OFF
7 Rest
8-10 Bangkok-HongKong-Bangkok (2x24 hours in Bagkok)
11-12 OFF
13-15 London (24 hours)
16-18 Paris (24 hours)
19-20 OFF
21 Rest
22-24 Soul (30 hours)
25 OFF
26-27 Jeddah (turnaround)
28-29 OFF
30-04 Sydney-Auckland-Sydney (2x24 hours in Sydney and 24 hours in Auckland)

Meal allowances: appr. 2000-3000 dhs in each FULL month.

You fly normally 90-120 hours if you don't call sick, don't have vacation. Hardly any turnarounds now. (Note: Bombai and Delhi might start on the A380 next year.)

A Purser makes 12000-15000 dhs a month plus the Meal Allowances.

elrehab
25th May 2011, 12:44
[Text speak]

elrehab
25th May 2011, 13:02
[Text speak]

expatinaction
25th May 2011, 16:07
53.50 is your hourly flying pay on top of your basic, plus you get meal allowances downline. Also you don't pay for your accommodation or your utilities, your uniform is provided and dry cleaned for nothing, plus you get return transport to and from work, most importantly don't overlook that your salary is tax free. So I expect your 4,000 per month has quite a hole in it after the tax man has had his bit, you've paid your rent and bills and perhaps run a car to and from work?? You can expect to walk away with about 8 - 10,000 dhs per month and that's just in your pocket, I think it compares quite well??

Rotweiler
25th May 2011, 22:45
Hello fellas,

I know this is my first post but I am quite excited about beeing a part of your community =)
So, my question is, I am from Turkey and I'll participate recruitment days of Emirates in 13th of June 2011 in Ankara.
What would be your suggestions about this recruitment day?
Since I am not an apprentice in cabin crew section, just explain me as much as detailed, please =)
I already worked with Corendon airlines about 5 months(I have had to continue my study after summer) and got my basic and advanced trainings for b737 300/400/800. I also speak fluently french/English and my native language is Turkish(As well as you all may think :P ).
I also stuudy Translation&Interpretation in French at Hacettepe University.

Would these be for my good, I mean are these my motivation or not?
Wow. Already lots of questions! Thank you for your participation in advance.
Waiting for your answers =)

tgirlcrew
26th May 2011, 04:06
Hello guys, is anyone here coming for od in Montreal? :O

Flying to home
26th May 2011, 07:05
Hi there,

I need to send to the CC Rec some documents/photos by courier/post but there is a problem with the address. Nor DHl or UPS cannot send my package form Poland to UAE to the P.O.Box. Maybe someone has other address but w/t P.O.Box. Lady on the UPS (or DHL) callcenter said that they'll need full name/surname and exact tel nr of person who will pick up this mail. I don't have them so I'll need another address. Maybe someone could help. Brgds!

maria16
26th May 2011, 15:31
Hi, I have tried to apply under SASS before for like 3 times, but before they don't require chinese-speaking applicant, but just last november, they have that new qualification. I know it's not an EK thing to discriminate because, before they always said that anybody is free to go to any OD as long as its convenient for you to go. I guess its part of the FREEZE HIRING FOR FILIPINOS, an EK cabin crew of mine confirmed it to me. I'm also upset because I've always been waiting for another chance to try...:(
hope it helps QatarCabinCrew

QatarCabinCrew
26th May 2011, 18:26
@jaysonq_2: thanks for emailing Emirates. It's nice to know the requirements as some websites say that anyone can still apply. I hope that Emirates is clearer on their site on the specifications that they want instead of wasting a lot of money just for plane tickets (not to mention TIME). Glad that Emirates was responsive to your query. They haven't answered my email back.

@maria16: thanks a lot for the information! I won't bother going to HK anymore as it seems like the chances are very slim. If we have to go through SASS Atlantic first, then it would be too aggravating knowing that you won't be given a chance unless you know how to speak Chinese.

dreams82
27th May 2011, 07:32
Hey to all my girls going for the nairobi AD in june,as you do your preparations, please dont forget about your skin. i have attendend 3 Ads,one was my own and the other two i was accompaning my friends,one thing i noticed was that all the people who made past the first stage all had smooth skin,if they had black spots they had hidden it with concealer,its like one of the criterias they use for cutting down people at the 1st round,aside the other criterias that they have...........

Capish
27th May 2011, 07:54
Hello, everyone!
I am new at this forum, though I know almost all of the necessary information for the interviews.
It's just that I wonder what the maximum height limitation is for Emirates.
I am a 192-193cm tall male and I wonder if it is "too much" for the position.
I'll greatly appreciate it if you have information regarding the issue.
Thank you in advance! :ok:

proud mum
27th May 2011, 08:42
When you say Black Spots do you mean Moles , Emirates will hire you if you have moles as my daughter has several on her face and has been with Emirates over 2 years now having seen many of her friends and other crew, moles do not seem to be a problem and can be very attractive . i would not like to think that anyone who has moles would think they dont have a chance with Emirates :)

akoti19
27th May 2011, 14:59
proud mum I think black spots as a result of blackheads or pimples.

It seems I will have to do my own make up since interview time is scheduled 8:30am and to make it from my residential place all the way to the Tribe Hotel,no beauty parlour in town would be open by 6am.or is there?

Rotweiler
27th May 2011, 21:31
Hello fellas,

I know this is my first post but I am quite excited about beeing a part of your community =)
So, my question is, I am from Turkey and I'll participate recruitment days of Emirates in 13th of June 2011 in Ankara.
What would be your suggestions about this recruitment day?
Since I am not an apprentice in cabin crew section, just explain me as much as detailed, please =)
I already worked with Corendon airlines about 5 months(I have had to continue my study after summer) and got my basic and advanced trainings for b737 300/400/800. I also speak fluently french/English and my native language is Turkish(As well as you all may think :P ).
I also stuudy Translation&Interpretation in French at Hacettepe University.

Would these be for my good, I mean are these my motivation or not?
Wow. Already lots of questions! Thank you for your participation in advance.
Waiting for your answers =)

Anyone have any idea???

PrimaveraCero
28th May 2011, 03:58
proud mum thanks for that!! I have quite a few little moles in my face and was worried they would be playing against my odds... They still annoy me a bit, though :hmm:

Rotweiler my simple suggestion is: read back, at least from page 1 in this thread and you'll find very detailed experiences on ADs and ODs from all over the globe :ok:

If any argentinian (or maybe someone visiting the country) is reading, there will be an Open Day on June 25th in the city of Rosario, and on 26th there will be an Assessment Day in the same city.

evanbliq
28th May 2011, 08:58
am going for the open day. am 6'5' will my height affect me being picked?a:rolleyes:

Torontofly
28th May 2011, 15:20
Hi Everyone
I was wondering if anyone went to the Open Day in Toronto today?
Looking forward to hearing from you:)

S

pearl23
28th May 2011, 15:52
[Text speak]

Kewlkaye
28th May 2011, 16:07
Hi i am new to this i am joining emirates 13th june and the course is due to start 23rd of june if anyone has similar dates i would love to chat ? Xx

ThatRedHatGirl
28th May 2011, 17:48
What's the OD like?

Read the thread.

What's the AD like.

Read the thread.

What questions do they ask?

Read the thread.

How tall can I be?

Read the thread.

How old do you have to be to apply.

Read the thread.

It's not even back 200 pages either, lots of the info that everyone is asking for in the last couple of pages is within the last 10 or so pages.

I don't think many people realise that this thread is so long because people are asking the same stuff over and over again, then no-one wants to read it because it is so long, and on and on it goes in a circle.

Probably the only question that wouln't be covered by reading back is the one about sending documents.

Best thing to do for tFlying to home would be to email your RO and ask which person to address it to. Or give them a phone call and ask which person at HQ handles the joining mail (if you are a new joiner) If you have just done your FI they would have given you an email address, you can always email on that and ask about the address.

tlorde
28th May 2011, 20:12
Hey Toronto Fly.

I went to the Open House today in Toronto there was a turn out of about 100 people mainly females but a good amount of males. We sat and watched the videos about Emirates and about living in Dubai and about working in Cabin Crew. Then we had to wait to hand in our C.V's and the HR rep asked me what am I currently doing i.e (work), where did we go to school.

We were told during the briefing that we would receive an email if we are selected to come back tomorrow for the assessment day.

Im still waiting for a response hopefully I get one, if I don't receive one by later this evening then I didn't make it to the next round.

CabinCrew109
29th May 2011, 02:00
For whom it may concern .. They are here !!
Open Day in Egypt was moved to Sunday 29th of May ... :ooh:

Best Wishes