PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VIII

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

kiwibaby
13th Jan 2011, 01:50
Urgent question re passport photos - are they meant to be cut up individually? i got mine in a sheet and am thinking they need to be cut up but just want to confirm with anyone that knows??

Thanks in advance :)

ally23x
13th Jan 2011, 06:27
If you go to a final interview, the recruiters will cut the photos (two for your application form, two for your visa application and the other two I don't remember what for). So leave them as they are.

Anyone who traveled to Dubai from a destination currently not served by Emirates could tell me if the ticket includes 50 kilos of luggage on the connection airline too? Thank you in advance!

chichi2010
13th Jan 2011, 07:24
thank you at least i got company:) kindly let me know when you get your final approval.hopefully it will be:rolleyes: next week

Alexxandra
13th Jan 2011, 07:59
[Text speak]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of the forum.

himmelmat28
13th Jan 2011, 08:29
hey guys ;
i 've just received my accomodation details : AL FATTAN BUILDINGS..AL QUSAIS II....
someone may know more about this place....?

Samantha in Sydney
13th Jan 2011, 09:39
Hi guys,

My accomodation is Obaidullah Building 6, Al Quasis. Can anyone tell me about this place. I've already searched Pprune and can already see that apparently it's very close to airport but far from city.

Can anyone else give me any info on this building/area.

Thank you!

CABIN DUBAI
13th Jan 2011, 09:58
hello i have the accommodation as well in Union Property Tower, shk. Zayed Road. Anyone know if we need to carry an iron with us? Thank you!

givemewings
13th Jan 2011, 10:00
As for Obaidallah, I have a few friends that live there. I do know we ordered the most amazing pizza from a shop downstairs!!!

It's a group of buildings along one road, the apartments some have balconies some have just the tiny railing outside the opening sliding door (like a balcony but not beig enough to actually stand on it)

The area seemed not too bad, lots of little shops and things but obviously not so like the city, as in there were lots of Indian people around as I think that area has a lot of workers living there.

Perhaps someone who lives there could tell you more about the facilities etc,

My friend's apartment has big bedrooms, nice furniture, the sofa is like new and very nice...

Also for the person asking about UP, I forgot to add, there are no balconies, the windows do not open. It is a mixed building. Up to the 31st floor is EK staff, the top floors are private use. There is a mix of cabin crew, pilots and other employees also. (Like some office and management)

givemewings
13th Jan 2011, 10:03
No you can buy an iron cheaply here, if your flatmate does not want to share. I have my own as I am picky about how clean it is :P

givemewings
13th Jan 2011, 10:11
* Has pool & gym on top of carpark across the courtyard

* Most flats are 3 bedroom. Each gets a bathroom with A bedroom having an ensuite, the others are just across the hall.

* The furnishings and decor are slightly older style but people say the flats are not too bad size-wise. There is washer & dryer in a closet but no laundry room as such.

* Location is great. Next to Emirates Towers & Dubai International Financial Centre. (DIFC) 10dhs in a cab to Dubai Mall, or you can take Metro

* Metro station is right next to the building.

* Zinc nightclub is 5-10mins walk on the opposite side of SZR

* Lifco supermarket across the road (walk over the metro pedestrian bridge, open 24hrs), supermarket open til 1am every day except Fridays which is 11pm

* Dry cleaning office in lobby of building.

* Is last stop on the bus route so 10-15mins to HQ for flights (longer as it's last stop on the way home)

Anything else you want to know, just ask.

http://www.emporis.com/application/?...edarabemirates (http://www.emporis.com/application/?nav=building&lng=3&id=streettower-dubai-unitedarabemirates)

Alexxandra
13th Jan 2011, 22:33
Thank you, dear! If there are no balconies, that means that there are special areas where smoking is allowed?

missking88
13th Jan 2011, 22:34
Hi to everyone reading this,

I have my assessment day on the 25th Jan in London and I wondered if anyone else was going then?

I've read through all the posts on here about it, so I know what to expect, which is great but I'm still so nervous!

Top Tips I should stick to are:
1- Smile, Smile, Smile!
2-Hair up.
3-Nails nicely manicured.
4-Wear Lipstick.
5-Knee length dress/skirt and flesh coloured tights.
6-Be confident, and get to know people.
7-Remember I am being watched so good posture and presentation.
8- SMILE SMILE SMILE! This deserves two bullet points!

Any others I've left out please feel free to help a nervous wreck :p

Good Luck to anyone going on the 18th Jan and let me know how you all get on :)

Steph :O

Caio Resti
14th Jan 2011, 02:09
[Text speak]

givemewings
14th Jan 2011, 08:36
Thank you, dear! If there are no balconies, that means that there are special areas where smoking is allowed?

Yeah, outside.... :O

There might be smoking apartments but I'm not sure... I always see people out the front smoking but they might just be wanting to get outside as well. Someone keeps smoking in the stairs and they keep putting up signs saying not to. It really stinks out the non-smoking floors, I don't mind people smoking in their own apartments if allowed but I hate it coming into mine!!!

doz kenya
14th Jan 2011, 13:08
Hi everyone,
I 'discovered' this forum the evening after my final interview.The suspense had already started gnawing at me that's how i landed.I really wish I'd seen this before but am still positive about how it went.

I went prepared for the final interview with the red lipstick,hair held back in a bun,knee length suit with skin colored tights.All documents were there except my passport copies because it wasn't ready and my high school certificate but i managed to send them today.(2 days after my FI)

I managed to answer the questions asked in regard to my profession and customer relations.I thought I did well.

My status is still applied and I believe it'll eventually change to 'you will be contacted by your recruiting officer at the earliest'.Soon.

Keep checking my mail and if my phone is charged.

am coming to dubai soon.they just need to confirm my DOJ.:):):)

miyako
14th Jan 2011, 19:02
Hello guys!!
i'm joining on Jan 24th and so far didn't receive any accomodation details!!!
anybody else joining same date?

Samantha in Sydney
15th Jan 2011, 03:58
Hi Miyako,

Don't stress about it. I only recieved my accomodation details on 13 January and my DOJ is 17 January (but I am flying on 18 January). It's normal to be waiting until the last minute!

Sam :)

NiniiPie
15th Jan 2011, 06:20
Hi there!

I am very interested in pursuing a CC career with Emirates and I've been doing quite a lot of research over the last few weeks. I have a LOT to do to prepare for this (losing weight is going to be my biggest challenge, I think), and I'm looking to give myself a timeframe to work with.

I was wondering how often EK recruits in the US. I read through this thread and saw that a couple Americans had gotten through successful, but they hadn't said where the OD/AD was that they had attended, or what process they had gone through.

I'm very greatful to have found such a supportive and helpful community! Good luck everyone!

PS, I hope this is not a stupid question, as I've tried looking it up, but what does the K stand for in EK? I've looked up the history of the company and other information, but it seems pretty arbitrary?

ally23x
15th Jan 2011, 06:43
my doj is 24th January too, and so far no details regarding accommodation or visa and e-ticket :D They sure test our patience ;)

givemewings
15th Jan 2011, 10:30
"EK" is just the airline code assigned to Emirates in worldwide travel reservations systems. I think it comes from IATA. EM must have been taken by someone else...

Accommodation is very short at the moment according to the company so I guess they need keys to be handed back by people leaving and the cleaning/maintenance to be done before they can confirm where you will be going. It will only come a few days before you leave, usually. It did for me.

Mari
15th Jan 2011, 12:06
Ally, if you don't know Dubai, the names wouldn't tell you much. The google map doesn't help you to imagine your building and the surroundings.

There are so many different buildings with so many different apartments. You might love Garhoud and you might hate it and wish to move if your bedroom is facing the mosk. You might love an Al Nahda building because you got the big master bedroom and all your batch mates are there, you might hate it because your room is dark and you hate the location. You might love TECOM for the heated pool and great gyms, you might want to move because it's 60-minute-drive from your boy-friend's place and the walls are very thin.

It's much more interesting to know if you have 1 or 2 flatmates and shared or own bathroom and how your flatmate is. This information you will find out only after arrival.

miyako
15th Jan 2011, 14:11
Hey Sam,
thank you for sharing these info, by the way afriend of mine from egypt is joining same day with you, and he's flying also 18th not 17th !

Ally,
we've got nothing to do but waiting, please keep me updated with any news!

ally23x
15th Jan 2011, 19:12
Actually, now, 5 months after I begun my Emirates experience, I have learned to be patient and take Emirates things as they come. And I know that I will make my experience the way I want, no matter of the (free) accommodation I will be living in. I am simply praying to get accommodation at a reasonable distance from the airport :) and 1 or 2 great fratmates along with whom I would get along great for the next couple of years :D And I hope this time the moderator won't erase my message...Thank you Mari and TheRedHatGirl and Sam and many others for all your great posts that helped me get here and thank you PPRUNE for hosting them :)

p.s. Since I didn't got any answer yet...Our luggage have to conform with the economy class standards? I have a huge troller that measures 153 cm (all sides added), and I noticed that Emirates has a rule that economy class travelers have a maximum of 115 cm for their luggage while first and business class 158. And I would be so happy if I wouldn't have to buy another one...someone help!

almaha
15th Jan 2011, 20:02
i m ex cabin crew i flow for 5 years 2 months and now i miss flying and i would love to join emirates it becomes a dream for me i m invited to pre selection assessment interview but grooming wise i m not confident enough i m a bit over weight now :ugh:and i have some pimples:uhoh: i don t know what to do:confused: and the interview after 2 days heeeeeeelp thank you

ellie22
15th Jan 2011, 21:46
Its now only one week till my 6weeks is up (after my FI) and I'm yet to hear anything..no status change, no call etc
Out of interest, those who have previous had to wait out the 6 weeks and then contact Emirates- was it hard to get in contact with them to get a response?
As has been posted here previously its hard to get through to anyone on the phone in Dubai and I haven't had any response from any of the emails I've sent in regards to the forms I had to provide.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

purelife
16th Jan 2011, 01:27
Ally23x:

Your so sweet, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT YOUR LUGGAGE SIZE... belive me, if ground staff would care about that we wouldnt have to run up and down the aircraft trying to find space for huge suitcases that should be in the cargo. So seriously DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT. And good luck coming to Dubai.

Ellie22:

If they haven't contacted you, that's also a good sign..as you have not gotten a rejection email. On the other hand, belive me, they do recieve the emails in the email address they provided, but they never answer them (of course, they are so busy!) so if I were you be patiente, wait more time if necessary. (I know of a girl that she waited 10 weeks until they called her) of course im not saying you have to wait that long, but just to tell you not to get your hopes down.. remember, bad news travels fast :)

Mari
16th Jan 2011, 08:27
Ellie22,

try to check on your status! It wouldn't hurt.

As I wrote previously (some pages back), one of the girls didn't get any response after 6 weeks. She left several messages and wrote e-mails. They called her 3 weeks later when she was told that her file was still in London (not sent to Dubai) and she was required to send a new full-length photo. Obviously, they forgot to contact her previously and as her file was not complete, they didn't forward it to Dubai. The girl has been waiting for an answer from EK for 11 weeks since the interview...

(She was successful with Qatar Airways, completed all the medicals and joining in a week. Her interview with QR was after the EK assessment day... No wonder she is angry...)

betheresoon
16th Jan 2011, 12:17
Hi All,
Please if somebody can explain this to me i will be very happy. I have been to EK AD twice and i never get successful. i always wait for the 6 months before applying. I didn't change anything on my application online but this time, i got not shortlisted.

Why do you think i was not shortlisted, is it because i have be there continuesly 2 times or what? :( or i was suppose to change something?

Thanks in advance

Ekhopeful
16th Jan 2011, 15:48
@ betheresoon i advice that you spice up the part that says you should give a reason why you want to join emirates..

JustinG
17th Jan 2011, 03:01
Is it possible to drop or give away flights to other flight attendants if you feel like having a few extra days off or once it's on your schedule, it's yours no matter what? Just curious as to see how flexible things are at Emirates.

Mari
17th Jan 2011, 05:59
You are not allowed to bid and swap during probation. It's possible afterwards. You can swap up to 15 days or 3 flights a month.

purelife
17th Jan 2011, 07:37
Nikki89:

Open day: Anyone can go. it's Open!

Who knows why she told you that, she could be messing around with you, or whatever..

ally23x
17th Jan 2011, 10:45
Or maybe the hotel allows only a certaun number of persons to attend the event and she told you the maximum. For example in Romania there was an OD in March where the first 100 people that got inside participated to the OD and the rest of them were told that Emirates will come back a month later...they came after 7 months with an AD

JustinG
17th Jan 2011, 11:44
Thanks Mari for the reply. Now when you say swap, does that include just dropping your flights to have a few extra days off or just simply swap with another cabin crew?

MLiz
17th Jan 2011, 16:26
Hello everyone,

It might not be the right place to post but I don't know where could I do it... Does anyone happen to know what a ground staff interview with Emirates might consist of? Thanks in advance!

biancs88
18th Jan 2011, 21:42
This might seem like a stupid question, but does the 6 week waiting period start from after the FI or after they received all my documents for my application. I finally managed to get hold of them and they told me that it was all received 3 weeks ago but its almost 6 weeks since my FI and there hasn't been a status change or anything yet. Im probably just being impatient, I'm just dying to know at this point..

LINDAHEIDIUK
19th Jan 2011, 07:21
Not a stupid question at all... I've asked my recruitment coordianator at my final interview about it and she told me it's 6 weeks from the day they send all the documents to Dubaï.
As I have been reading here, if your status do not change it does not mean anything.
At the end or you'll have the message "you'll be contacted by your recruitment coordinator at the earliest" or the unsuccesfull email...

I like Weasels
19th Jan 2011, 13:17
Question for those who have recently joined Emirates,

When you arrived in DUB did Emirates offer any advice / assistance with setting up bank accounts, ? have you any advice of what to expect for a new starter on arrival at DUB in order to have the least amount of hassle in getting settled in there. What is the standard of accomodation like, and is there anything extra that you wished you would have taken out there with you.

Please be gentle, this is advice for a "worried Dad" whose daughter has just had a call and job offer (subject to medicals) any other advice /reassurance would be most welcome

Thanks in advance

Flyingpig07
19th Jan 2011, 23:36
We been told on our AD that its 6 weeks from the final interview.
In my case its actually took 10 weeks to get the "you will be contacted.." status.
After 7 weeks not hearing anything from EK I emailed them, on week 8 I got a phone call from the London office to send a new picture to them because they don`t like my jacket on my picture :-/ I also been told they will send my file to Dubai once they received my new picture...A bit more than a week after I posted my picture my status changed to "you will be contacted.."
So in my case it was 10 weeks from the final interview and less than a week from the date they sent my file to Dubai.

chichi2010
20th Jan 2011, 04:35
i was requested to redo two lab tests on Sunday which i uploaded yesterday.i have 25 days left and still no Final Approval. Is this normal? Anyone else been through such a situation before? Can they still reject me?

doz kenya
20th Jan 2011, 10:07
@chichi 2010-relax.you've come from too far to fail at this stage.stay positive.

its been 9 days after my final interview and nothing...yet.

A few girls received reject emails two days ago and a few status' changed to approval in progress but mine hasn't changed from applied.I hadn't submitted some of my documents by the time I was going in for my final interview but i sent them by mail and followed them up by courier.

Am wondering,could this be the reason why my status hasn't changed yet????

chichi2010
20th Jan 2011, 10:23
hang in there.trust me the waiting gets worse thats why i was freting but soon after writing my post i got my final approval.i felt foolish i even laughed at myself.be patientand all the very best

F.A. again
20th Jan 2011, 11:09
Aly23, you are lucky with that building. Thats exactly where I want to move to.
So, if you dont like it, you can swap with my place in Al Fattan Building.
When are you coming?
:)

miyako
20th Jan 2011, 11:24
Could someone please advise some information about that building? nice rooms? how about the bathrooms? does it include a gym?

doz kenya
20th Jan 2011, 12:09
the waiting game isn't funny at all.will keep you posted.all the best too.

Ian Van Ly
20th Jan 2011, 23:13
Does anyone knows how Emirates determine which candidates can proceed to the next round for group interview and so on? Base on the previous posts, we are free to show up for open day and submit our resumes but how they determine which candidate is shortlisted ? do they even have enough time to look at resume? please help!

oijsx
20th Jan 2011, 23:42
Hey all,
Do I have to take copies of my dependants' (mom+sis) birth certificates to Dubai or just their passport copies are sufficient? I'm kinda confused as I remember when filling out the online joiners form it said to bring both (I cannot access the form anymore as I already submitted it), however on the check-list it says either this or that. It only matters because getting officially translated copies are quite expensive so I would rather prefer not to get theirs' translated if their passport copies would do. As for the documents copies, do they have to be certified (e.g. by lawyer) copies or not? Thanks in advance for your reply!

gallery
21st Jan 2011, 07:20
hey guys ,got medicals cleared,and told to resign......have to answer some questions,just wondering do i answer them online,or take them as a hard copy.
thanks

good luck to everyone....

jemimah
21st Jan 2011, 08:15
Hi Gallery.Am soo happy for you.When is your doj?and what questions are those?I printed the induction workbook because i tried to fill them online but it couldn't so i just use the both the printed and the one online to complete the work.

Hi Chichi2010,glad to have company from Nairobi.All the best.

Hi doz kenya,i truly wish you all the best,be patient you will do just fine.If theres anything i have learnt from this thing its patients.Keep yourself busy,It will come when you least expect it.

Durban girl
21st Jan 2011, 10:39
Hi guys and girls :)

I had my FI 12 DAYS ago.. and nothing. I know its still early but I cant help checking my status and email once every hour!! Crazy isnt it??
I just want news!!! Good luck to all who are waiting for any news :)
HAVE PATIENCE!! :cool: Im trying..

Akica84
21st Jan 2011, 12:31
[Text speak]

gallery
21st Jan 2011, 16:55
hey guys is the assignment in the preparing you to fly needed in soft copy or hard copy...

ThatRedHatGirl
21st Jan 2011, 20:13
To the worried dad....

In the first week they have induction & 'settling in' process....

In the first few days your daughter will get 2000dhs advance on the salary. In this week they will also fill forms for a local bank account. This is with Emirates NBD bank but later on your daughter can choose her own bank if she likes. Some banks have a limit of minimum monthly salary to open account, she may just need to wait until she starts getting the flying pay to open one with another bank, but she can do it eventually.

It takes some longer to get the account, it might depend on certain things but usually in a week or two they will deliver the card. In the meantime if there is a salary (26th of the month) they will collect a cheque from the training college (or HQ) which can be cashed in at the bank, this will happen until the bank account is active. They will explain to them how to set up the salary to go directly to the bank account.

If your daughter has an account at home, she can go into the exchange in most large malls, pay in dirhams and have it sent in the chosen currency to the home country.

All accommodation comes with the necessary facilities. Some buildings have gyms/pools, those that do not usually have an arrangement with a near by building or gym to use those there. Everything is paid for by way of utility (electric, water etc) all she will need to pay is her food, some phone calls and personal expenses (shopping, going out with friends, etc)

Someone will meet her at the airport and take her to the accommodation. If there are lots joining she might go in the same car/bus with some other girls living in the same place.

Some buildings are further out of town, others right in the middle. But all have security guards in the lobby and usually visitors check in, especially at night.

If you want to know anything else, just ask. Dubai is perfectly fine, if she just use common sense as she would do at home there should not be any problem :)

JewelF
21st Jan 2011, 23:21
i wanna be a cabin crew for EK but i'm pursuing an english degree..aside from that my qualifications are like this...

- Conversational Spanish (2 months program)
- Conversational French (Have to complete still. 2 months program.)
- Basic First Aid
- Swim 25M
- High school passes
- 4 years customer service
- Read & Write English
- CT401 (O.U.T.) Certificate Program Wide Body / Multi-Crew Onboard (InflightInstitute.com)
- CURRENTLY PURSUING AN ENGLISH DEGREE

Guys, would that english degree affect my chances of getting through this year. They are coming to my country in April / May and I really want the job. I'm just a little worried that me being in school at this point would affect my chances negatively. Or would they even bother to search to see what ties I do have to my country? If so, should i jus leave it out?

I've read that the inflightinstitute.com course could be a negative on the resume. idk why. But should i leave that out of put it on my c/v?

Aside from these questions, I know everything else about EK (Emirates). Just need those answered..

ooo and how does my qualifications look for the job? Looks like I have a chance?

I like Weasels
22nd Jan 2011, 00:17
ThatRedHatGirl

Thank you for the information and reassurance, what is the cost of living like out there ? given that the basic monthly salary seems a little on the low side I am guessing that the flight pay should improve things somewhat

Thanks again

SalvadorS
22nd Jan 2011, 01:50
Since it's in NYC, expect a lot of people to show up. You're most likely going to introduce yourself and hand a recruiter your CV. They might ask questions. They'll tell everyone to go home after that and people who they are interested in will receive phone calls in a few hours that's probably when the OD/AD/FI will begin.:ok:

kenyan85
22nd Jan 2011, 08:47
Qualifications are irrelevant. If they want you, they will have you. They will still take you despite the fact that you're still in school. Try not to want the job too much, they pick up on that during the interviews and eliminate people based on that. Approach this job prospect with a cool head and good energy, and lots of enthusiasm. Don't over-think it, just do it. My friend was in her 3rd year of uni taking a degree in french and they still took her. Nothing to worry about, just focus on the goal and go for your dream. I think you have a chance. Good Luck!

Coco05
22nd Jan 2011, 10:02
Additional info from Salary advance and cost of living:

The induction week was 8 days long for us. Enough time to adapt and settle in here. I was bored at the 3rd and wanting the actual training to start. But it was really nice for Emirates to give you that time to get familiarized yourself in the city. They will give you 2500 dirhams for salary advance on the first day of induction week. The 2000 will be deducted in 2 installments from your salary pay and the 500 is a "gift" from EK to buy other appliances, etc.

As for the bank account, I did not open with NBD althought most of my batchmates did but they didn't receive their card after 2 weeks or so. I chose to open with HSBC after we got our passport back. I got my debit card,3 days after :) Just be careful since for HSBC,you need to maintain 5000 dirhams in your account or else you will be charge 100 AED per month. But after you get your flying pay, you can submit to them another salary certificate stating you are earning this much,etc and they will put your maintaining balance to zero.

For cost of living, I was able to make ends meet for a month with the 2500 dirhams they gave us. I brought an extra money with me from home but I did not even touch it. It is possible if you won't go out as much partying and if you got lucky that your flatmates already have the necessary appliances such as microwave, coffee maker, rice cooker, toaster, etc.

All in all, best wishes to everyone who will be joining us soon :)

kenyan85
22nd Jan 2011, 10:17
Amazing pieces of advice, guys! I wish there was a 'Like' button for these posts, I would totally go to town on your posts hehe! Can't wait for my April AD now, getting excited :ok:

Just one question, how many crew would you have on

a) an average main fleet layover flight to , say Manchester or Entebbe

b) an average A380 layover flight flying the Dubai - BKK route.

LINDAHEIDIUK
22nd Jan 2011, 11:50
Hi everyone,
I got my doj March 7th...
They called 2 days ago, I'm so happy next step medicals

AD: 06/12
FI: 08/12
Approval in progress: 15/12
You will be contacted by your Recruitment Coordinator: 28/12
GC: 20/01

DOJ March 7th....

Jana83
22nd Jan 2011, 12:48
Hi LINDAHEIDIUK,
I got the same DOJ (07-MAR) :)

LINDAHEIDIUK
22nd Jan 2011, 13:15
Would you like to check your boxmail.

Happy ???

doz kenya
22nd Jan 2011, 13:46
wow!i cannot wait for the day i get my golden call and i'm told my DOJ.see you in DXB.

JewelF
22nd Jan 2011, 14:34
Kenyan85

Quote:
Qualifications are irrelevant. If they want you, they will have you. They will still take you despite the fact that you're still in school. Try not to want the job too much, they pick up on that during the interviews and eliminate people based on that. Approach this job prospect with a cool head and good energy, and lots of enthusiasm. Don't over-think it, just do it. My friend was in her 3rd year of uni taking a degree in french and they still took her. Nothing to worry about, just focus on the goal and go for your dream. I think you have a chance. Good Luck!

Thank you so much for this quick responce and the tips. I will take every detail into consideration when I go to the OD in my country this year. Hopefully I will return with the message that I got in.

Two thumbs up for everyone else that's trying to get in as well!

See you guys in Dubai in a few months.

Sushi lover
22nd Jan 2011, 17:54
Hi!
I'm waiting for final approval and wanted to ask this question, I'm very allergic to cats and wondered if I might be put in a flat where my flatmate has a cat, and maybe have to ask them to specially look for a no cats flat? Thank you very much as this is quite important for me!

JewelF
22nd Jan 2011, 18:34
Sushi_lover

I dont think any one would have a pet as being a CC means a lot of time away from home. Hopefully in your case no one does but if it happens, then I suggest you kindly ask to be moved or for that person to get rid of the cat.

Okay, new questions guys.

1. When you get the final call and they say you've got the job, who pays for the flight to Dubai? You or EK? :sad:

2. There's two medicals to do, in your country and in Dubai, who pays for the one in Dubai? I read somewhere that once in your country, you pay for your own medical. But what happens in Dubai? Wouldnt know how to start finding a doctor. :ugh:

I also read that you must buy small appliances ect in this thread. Is that true? How much cash should I include on my travel? I'm just trying to plan a budget so I dont get caught off guard.

Mari
22nd Jan 2011, 20:01
Well, in this case you should communicate with your company. Why are you posting this on a forum????

(Yes, some of the girls have cats.)

JewelF, EK pays your ticket when you move. You can take 50kg of luggage with you. Your medicals will be done in Dubai at the Emirates Clinic, it's free of charge.

ThatRedHatGirl
22nd Jan 2011, 21:23
Yes it's possible you will get a flat where they are keeping pets (maybe they did not tell the company)

It happened to a girl started week after me, it took 4 weeks for them to move her, the girls in her flat were keeping three cats.

Sometimes it happens the same with smokers, people start and don't notify the company. If you have any problem like this, talk to your induction officer right away, (or RO if you have not yet joined as Mari says)

Like I say, bring as much money as you are able to, it can only help! If you don't use it, fine, have it as savings or for when you go on leave and are not earning flying money.

Yes you may need to buy appliances, like kettle, microwave etc... maybe your flat mate has it, maybe she doesn't want to share (it happens! especially with iron) so you might have to buy it. That's what 500dhs 'gift' from EK is for... appliances are cheap, more expensive models available, but basics are fine to start with. Go to Carrefour or hypermarket or Jackies... plenty to choose from... maybe 60dhs for a cheap iron, up to 150 if you want a fancy one... it's no problem... but wait and see what is alredy at the flat.

Sushi lover
24th Jan 2011, 02:16
Thank you Jewel and Red Hat Girl for your answers, and to Mari: the company has it (my allergy) on paper because it is a question I had to answer on assessment day when we filled in our forms. But as everywhere else, sometimes people know things that the company doesn't, THAT'S WHY I POSTED IT ON THE FORUM! TO TALK TO NORMAL PEOPLE!

JewelF
24th Jan 2011, 03:30
I can relate to that sushi.. then if they know this info. You shouldnt worrry but like what was said before, if you end up in the position, work on solving it asap.

BTW does any know...

How long does it take to get promoted when you're working for EK (Emirates)?

Whats it based on? Experience or knowledge?

little dazzling
24th Jan 2011, 04:42
I just got final approval! So happy they are fine with my eyes! By the way I have change my DOJ from 7th March to 11th April, anyone flying off 11th April?

And can I know how will the induction trainer contact us? By email or call?

Good luck to everyone and have fun!

bjork
24th Jan 2011, 06:08
Hi all, i went to an EK recruitment day about year and a half ago, in Melbourne, Australia, didnt have any flying experience at that point but had heaps of hospitality experience. There were well over 200 people there, i didnt get through. Honest opinion, i am wondering if my age and gender has something to do with it. I am male and have just turned 42, so when i went for EK open day i was 40. Do you think that this has anythying to do with it. I am now with another airline but would love to work for EK.. can anyone shed any light on this

CuteAfrican
24th Jan 2011, 11:39
A (belated) Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa and Happy New Year to everyone!

:D:D:D:D

I just wanted to drop in and say a big hello to everyone. And a big congratulations to gallery (I think) from Uganda who's heading to Dubai! (I may be wrong- maybe I should re-read this thread again).

Anyway, I'm excited since my 6 months will be up in a little under two months- March 12th! So I'll be ready to apply for a March or Paril AD!

*fingers crossed*

I know that kenya85, myself and a few other people in this corner of the world will be getting together to prep for the AD. So if anyone wants to join us, just let us know (just pm me or kenya85).

Otherwise, a BIG CONGRATULATIONS :ok::ok::ok:to everyone who's made it through to Dubai. Hopefully, I'll be seeing you there later on this year! Just keep us posted on how the entire experience is going for you.

~cuteafrican~

perkin1
24th Jan 2011, 13:26
Unfortunately it is unheard of for EK to hire people 30 + ...
The oldest i've heard of making it through was 32yrs of age, and that's a rarity (anyone knows of anyone older)

There was a male at my Sydney open day, he looked around mid to late thirties and had worked for 3 or 4 different airlines: BA, QF, JQ etc (15 years experience).
He didn't make it past the CV drop...

And those of us who made it to the FI, most of us were 21-24.. the eldest i believe was 27.
I have zero flying and very little hospitality experience.. so i think it comes more down to their impression of you as a person and how you do throughout the assessments.
While they don't say anything about maximum age officially (in Aus this would be illegal) but i'm guessing the recruiters are instructed generally not to choose people aged 30 +
Not fair at all really but hey that's the middle east for you.

Ella2000
24th Jan 2011, 15:44
Sorry man, but Perkin1 is right. If you read back, you can see that one aussie (not sure) guy made it at the age of 34 and that one girl who recently joined EK had some 30+ people in her batch. But it is really rare.
No wonder there are many many younger applicants to choose from. I am struggling with "age question" every single day and I am "only" 30. It sucks but thats how it is.

hahamong
24th Jan 2011, 17:24
hi guys
it's been a week now from my final interview and i wanted to ask some questions if that will affect the results
first i didn't even last 30min on the interview when others stayed one hour and more,they tricked me on a question and i ended up saying that i get angry when its crowded and noisy so they started laughing and told me that is a bad thing since i have to keep it positive since the flights are always so crowded so yeah that broke my hopes to the ground,plus that i sounded SOOO nerveous and after this they told me to take that "logical" test and others didn't take it
is it a positive or a negative thing to take (or not that test) and do you think i have to keep my hopes up even after the answer i gave?
also i applied already for an assessment three months ago and i didn't go but i still have application under review on my profil,will that effect the results?
i will be so thankfull if you answer my questions
i m so scared that i just passed by one big opportunity :sad::sad::sad::sad:

doz kenya
25th Jan 2011, 10:49
my status hasn't changed yet from applied and two girls from my assesment day have received their calls.
I'm going out of my mind waiting for something to happen.

@hahamong-I know exactly how you feel.hang in there.The waiting will definitely not last forever.

tetisheri
25th Jan 2011, 11:15
Hello eveybody
I just received my Golden Call today.And my expected DOJ 28 th of march.
Anyone joining that date ?

JewelF
25th Jan 2011, 15:01
Hi tetisheri

From the facebook group : Emirates....Waiting for the Golden Call.. Here is some of the DOJ's.

31 JAN: Tereza (6 days remaining)

07 FEB: Iara, Marta, Diana, Dustyn, Fraser and Carina (13 days remaining)

21 FEB: Malika (27 days remaining)

28 FEB: Cláudia, Tarek, Maria and Michiel (34 days remaining)

07 MAR: Walaa (41 days remaining)

04 APR: Dan and Stanly (69 days remaining)

You should join so you could make a friend before you get to Dubai. And when you get there, you'll have someone you already know. Yay. lol. Enjoy!:ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:

tetisheri
25th Jan 2011, 15:06
[Text speak]

Durban girl
25th Jan 2011, 15:29
I am also waiting anxiously!! I hope we both hear something soon. My FI was 16 days ago...I suppose its still too early to hear back?

hahamong
25th Jan 2011, 21:08
[Text speak]

ellie22
25th Jan 2011, 21:44
Congratulations Tetisheri on getting your GC!
Its now been 7 weeks and still nothing for me...

yoshi_mitsu
25th Jan 2011, 22:19
Hi everyone!

I'm 28 and i'm about to show up on an open day for emirates, i'm on preparation stage now, but i don't really know if it will be worth i have no clue about emirates hiring totally BALD men for the cabin crew.

Do you think i should let my hair (left) grow during this few days before the OD? It will be on February the 12th!

Thanks for your advice!!!
Good luck and Success for everyone!!!
:ok:

Jbrsp11
26th Jan 2011, 00:39
I wish a very good luck for everyone waiting for the most wanted GC.
I just had my FI yesterday and I am looking fwd already for my GC.....quite early, I know....
For those who got their DOJ's - Congrats!

yoshi_mitsu
26th Jan 2011, 01:27
Hi Diana!!
I'm from Bogota and i will attend to the OD at February the 12th!! :D Lots of congrats, i hope you do well there in Dubai!!! i have not seen many people from Colombia here, can you tell me about your experience with the recruitment? would appreciate any tips too...;)
And the question that drive me nuts...dis you see any bald guys in the OD/AD? do you think they hire bald men, or should i let my hair grow?

Thanks a lot, and my best wishes, paisana!!

little dazzling
26th Jan 2011, 04:06
JewelF, about the "FacePPRuNe group : Emirates....Waiting for the Golden Call.. ", I want to join this group but I could not locate it, where is it?

My DOJ 11th April, anyone same date?

doz kenya
26th Jan 2011, 04:34
hi durban girl,looks like you and i have been waiting around the same time.did you update your profile after the invitation to the assesment?did you send some documents by mail?i think this could be the cause of our delay.
Last week some girls received their regrets and yesterday two girls received their golden calls.meanwhile,no status change,no nothing.what does your status read?

hi ellie 22,have you tried calling them?its past the 6 weeks and i'm sure the waiting is killing you.i think you should call.what does your status read?

little dazzling
i noticed from your previous posts that it also took longer for your status to change from applied.had you updated your profile/application after you were invited to the assessment?
I'm trying to figure out why mine hasn't changed 14 days after my FI....
Congratulations for your golden call.

little dazzling
26th Jan 2011, 06:46
Hi there, yes I did update my profile after the FI and the status changed from applied after 3 weeks from FI, I guess it is normal so don't worry you will get yours soon:)

ellie22
26th Jan 2011, 06:49
Doz_kenya- My status still says 'under review' it hasnt changed at all :(
Perhaps I should call...I sent them an email a few days ago but I havent heard back, but from what I've read its not unusual for them not to write back to emails..

Durban girl
26th Jan 2011, 09:17
My status is still- application under review- and its been like that since before the assessment day! I didnt update anything after my FI, i did email them my casual photos 3 days after my FI though. I dont like this waiting, it feels like my life is standing still right now!! :bored:

trizakalerwa
26th Jan 2011, 09:28
Hey Doz and everyone else....
Went for my final Interview in Nairobi, Kenya on the 15th of December....its such a long while back and we are on the same page since we are both waiting for their responses. Try and be patient as I also have learnt that this is one virtue we should uphold. Everyone that was in the final interview have all gotten their fate and some are joining in March between 7th and 28th and others got reject mails.
They called me two weeks back to ask for more casual photos and since then they havent gotten back at me. I keep checking if my status has changed and nothing yet. I guess I dont have any other option but to wait and keep praying. All the best to everyone.

isabel66
26th Jan 2011, 12:52
hi everyone
i had my F.I yesterday but i didn't do well and i regret using this chance :( well what meant to be is meant to be ;;
i wanted to ask what decide on the final results,is it the final interview or higher management since the file is sent there? or i think they decided after you had a good final interview but since wasn't my case,did someone make it even after having a bad F.I? lol

ahh by the way, does the I.Q test give a difference since some took it and some didn't
thank you

dianabasto
26th Jan 2011, 15:23
tetisheri !! i have march 28 too im leaving from Colombia

snowglobe
26th Jan 2011, 15:31
from what I can gather, the recruiters send your file to Dubai with a little note saying they either would or would not recommend hiring you. The final decision lies at Dubai but I think thats just a formality. The recruiters are the ones who met you and spoke to you so I think they get a massive say in it.

But dont worry, I dont think anyone comes out of an interview (for ANY company) feeling like they did really well. People always focus on the bad and think about what they could've done better. You did really well to even get to the FI so they mustve seen something in you they liked. Just wait and see :ok:

isabel66
26th Jan 2011, 15:50
@snowglobe

thank you a lot you made me smile,the fact that i think i didn't do well because they wrapped up the interview quickly after i said that i can't stand serving a lot of people at the same time and i loose my smile,well call me stupid but i still don't know why i said that

ellie22
26th Jan 2011, 21:32
Aussie-EmiratesCC- Congrats on your GC.
Were you at the Sydney AD in December?
Both myself and another ppruner were there and are yet to hear anything

ALEX60021
26th Jan 2011, 22:21
Hey..

Don't worry about the IQ test. Actually, I don't really know if your IQ is what they wanted to test. I had my FI on 20th of December. At the end of the interview i walked out, exit the building and they called me back and they said if i could take another test. And it was this IQ test actually. So, don't worry. 3 weeks after I got my GC.
So, this process so far:

20 dec-FI...after almost 2 weeks my status changed from Applied to Approval in Progress...and 4 days after I got: " You will be contacted..." and locked out from my account. And the GC was 4 or 5 days after my status changed.

I honestly didn't think I'll make it through. I consider myslef very lucky. So, I know this waiting is incredible hard but keep believing and do not lose your hope! At my FI it was a girl who tought it was that bad at the interview and she said she failed and didn't want to send them the rest of the documents. They emailed her and asked for the documents. After that she got the GC!
And by the way...as far as i know, all of us who took the IQ test got the GC.

don't worry
As far as I know, yes it's a littble bit too early. After my FI i did some research on this forum and there were many girls who had news after a week or two..In my case didn't happen that soon, so it's ok. You could still get the GC.

Best of luck!:ok:

is anyone of you joining on 21 March?:)

biancs88
26th Jan 2011, 22:38
Congrats Aussie-EmiratesCC! Ellie22 and I were both at the AD in Sydney on the 12th of december and are still waiting. When did you receive your golden call and did you have a status change on the emirates group website?

doz kenya
27th Jan 2011, 07:11
hi aussie emirates cc
three months is a long time.what did you do to keep yourself busy?did you ever call them at one point?
Someone told me they take longer to process people's files that are currently employed.does anyone know how true that is?
All the best to everyone waiting with me.
Ellie22-did you call dubai?

perkin1
27th Jan 2011, 11:55
Hey,
i came through the same open day in Sydney on Oct 9/10 and FI on the 12th.

Are you one of the guys or girls?

Me being a male am still waiting for the call.... crazy!!

My status changed to approval in progress like 8 days after my FI, then got the uniform/image form a couple weeks later, then nothing until i got an on hold email on Dec 7 saying i would have to wait up to a further three months...

I called my recruitment coordinator and she said i had been selected and am just waiting for a spot in a training school due to the backlog for males they are experiencing....

Its beyond crazy how long i've been waiting though. Some of the girls who came through that FI with us are already in Dubai starting their training!

betheresoon
27th Jan 2011, 14:10
Hi,
I recently posted about my statues changed to not shortlisted after applying for Ghana AD,
Just yesterday i got a text message from emirates hr that i need to comfirm my invitation to the AD asap. i thought it was a joke but thanks be to God i have truely got my invitation. But my statues is still not shortlisted.

Do you guys think it´s a mistake? what ever it is i am going for the AD. figure cross :D

All the best of luck to everybody. :ok:

Gemayeli
27th Jan 2011, 14:18
Hello my date of joining is also on the 31 of january, are you staying at alkawakeb bldg? ;) cheers

barbora dolce
27th Jan 2011, 15:22
well how do you know that emirates check on HPV? where did you read it?

ELLENK
27th Jan 2011, 20:00
:{hi eri1 im kinda new to this, i applied for emiriates in london, and got through to the final stage and was awaiting confirmation from them. i eneded up getting rejected, i was devastated, right now i dont know how to feel, i believe it may be due to... when i said i could actually start the job, because stupidly enough i was stuck studying in uni, so i put down 6months :(.

i got an email back from them saying that i could apply next yr, is it normal to do this sort of thing? how many times have
applied to them and got through. please help

Flyingpig07
27th Jan 2011, 22:32
they do not check for hpv, they only require a smear test report (to check for sign of cervical cancer). Its not the same.

ALEX60021
27th Jan 2011, 22:34
they don't check for HPV.

doz kenya
28th Jan 2011, 06:33
i know you must be devastated especially because when you go through to the final interview you get so hopeful.
Anyway,learn from the mistake,dust yourself off and try again in a year.spend that time researching and better luck next time.
Cheers!...........
......and get yourself some shoes.shoe shopping always makes me feel better.

CuteAfrican
28th Jan 2011, 07:37
Hey everyone.

I was browsing the net and came across some information (that probably is already here somewhere) about the CC interview. I just wanted to share it, in case it might help someone who's applying for upcoming AD's.

---------------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~---------------------

Emirates Interview Overview.
So, you are dreaming to become a cabin crew with Emirates, then you should follow our question gouge to be successful during your Emirates Cabin Crew interview or assessment day. Below is a list of questions that will be asked during your flight attendant interview with Emirates.

Latest job interviews don't guarantee that the exact questions listed below will be asked during your Interview with Emirates. The questions are from candidates who have recently participated in Emirates open day, or Assessment Day conducted by Emirates recruitment team.

Candidates can either attend an open day, or if invited by emirates recruitment team directly to an Assessment day. Invitation is not required for an open day. Applicants are required to present an updated C.V. along with full length and passport size photographs in business attire.

Emirates Open Day - Round 1:

Open Days begin at 09:00 am and one of the recruiters will start to inform applicants about Emirates airline, how it is working as cabin crew, and lifestyle in Dubai. Information such us Emirates expansion plan, fleet, destination and history will be informed. Emirates recruiters will also show some video clips and ask some questions to candidates about Emirates. It is strongly recommended not to rise you hand and try to be smart and answer most of the questions. Listen and smile during company presentation.

At the end candidates will fill in a form and turn in their C.V. and photos. Sometimes, not always while turning in you C.V. questions will be asked related to your C.V. such as:

* Places you worked at?

* What position do you currently hold at work?

* Do you have experience from Cabin Crew work? VERY SIMPLE QUESTIONS RELATED TO YOUR C.V.!!!

Emirates Assessment Day - Round 2:

Candidates will be divided into groups for group discussions. First you will stand up in your group and tell your group about yourself. Keep you introduction about yourself short and sweet, and don't forget to smile. After that you will be asked to talk to the person to your right or left and find out few things about this person.

Below is a list of Questions that the recruiters will tell you to ask the person next to you during assessment day.

* If you could be invisible for a day what would you do?

* Find out what the person next to you would do with one million Dollars?

* Who do you admire the most and why?

* The most embarrassing moment he or she has experienced?

* 3 ideal political leaders you would choose to lead the world?

* Favorite movie and actor?

During your discussion you will be asked to do a reach test (212 cm reach test). You might be asked few question's during your reach test regarding your C.V. DON'T FORGET That recruiters will be walking around and observing each candidates while you are doing you discussion with the person to your right.

You will be asked to introduce the person to your right. Just be calm and speak clearly and don't forget to smile.
Once finished with this exercise you will be given a paper where it says if you have been successful to the next stage or not.

English Test
If you first language is not English, you will be asked to take an English test during an hour. The reason they conduct an English test is because all the training and the notes and text books is conducted in English in Dubai. The First Section of the English test is an article that you need to read and answer some questions (you will need to circle the best answer. The article is about a rude girl working for a company. The next section is to find synonyms and match words that has the same meaning. The last part of the English test you will be given 4 topics to write about. We have listed a few topics that have frequently been discussed during the English Test.

* If you could turn back time what time would you go back to and why?

* Tell us your last holiday and where did you go and how it was?

* What was the most difficult situation in your life and how did you coop with it?

Group Discussion
Once finished introducing the person next to you, or completed the English test for non native English speakers you will once again get a letter saying if you passed to the next task or not. If you passed you will do another group activity. This time you will discuss in a group of four or five people a scenario given by the recruiters.

The group scenarios that has been discussed during Emirates assessment day are listed below:

* IF YOU WERE GOING TO OUT OF SPACE AND MEET ALIENS WHAT 4 THINGS WOULD YOU BRING WITH YOU TO SHOW THE ALIENS ABOUT THE LIFE ON EARTH?

* Come up with a name of a charity, a starting budget, a location, and who we would help?

* You will be given 8 descriptions of passengers and asked to choose 6 to downgrade to Economy even though they had booked business class?

* Decide 5 new destinations for Emirates and justify with a reason that election?

* What you would do if a drunk man is on the flight slurring his words and acting a bit out of control?

* If a man was sitting in the back of the airplane and was afraid of flying and preferred to sit upfront but it was full how would u handle the situation?

* If you were stranded on an island, name 5 things that you all agree on in order to survive?

* List 10 global issues the world is facing today? (This Scenario is from the old assessments, and might not be asked anymore)

This exercise is to see how you interact with each other and support each other and most importantly all come to a conclusion you all agree with. There are no right or wrong answers during this group discussion. It is strongly recommended by candidates that they should not speak a lot and not to offer lots of good ideas. Try to agree with most of the things. DON'T FORGET THE SMILE!!

Final Interview

If successful your next and final stage will be the final interview. Before coming to your final interview some information will be given to you by the recruiters, such as what to bring and how you should look like during the final interview. Below is a list of questions asked during you final interview.

* TELL US A TIME YOU WENT OUTSIDE THE BOX TO HELP A COSTUMER?

* TELL US A TIME YOU MADE A MISTAKE AT WORK AND WHAT DID YOU DO?

* TELL US A TIME YOU WERE ASKING FOR HELP FROM SOMEONE?

* TELL US A TIME WHERE SOMEONE WITH MORE EXPERIENCE AT WORK HAD TO LISTEN TO YOU?

* HOW I DEALT WITH ANGRY CUSTOMERS ?

* why do u want to work for emirates?

* what makes a good cabin crew?

* what will you enjoy about the role as Cabin Crew?

* what do you think you find difficult?

* Why did you left your previous job, is it because things were not working out?

* Have you had any demanding customer?

* Have you ever suggested any creative idea while you were at work?

* How did you deal with a colleague who made troubles?

* Have you ever broken the rules?

Personality Test
Candidates will be asked to take a personality test as well. Nothing to worry about just be yourself. Below are few examples.

IF YOU WERE AT A PARTY WHO WILL YOU SPEND MORE TIME , THE GUESTS OR THE PERSON YOU CAME WITH?
IF SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS CRYING WHAT WILL YOU DO?
IF SOMEONE OFFENDED YOU HOW WILL YOU REACT?
Which statements best describes you? (leader, selfish, friendly, etc, etc)
Would you rather (example: clean a room or work within a group)
If you had a choice you would rather create an art project than build a house (You agree, sometimes agree, o disagree)
People sometimes make me mad? (True or False)

IQ & Math Test
Below is a list of IQ and Math test that will be asked during your final interview.

44+457=
674-118=
140x11=
2x+y=20 what is y if x=10
(44000x10)/4000=
What is one-fourth of half?
1,3,4,7,11 Next number is?
Speed=400 MPH, How many minutes to travel 60 Miles?
An airplane uses 9 Gallons of fuel an hour, and must land within 3.2 gallons remaining in the tanks. How much fuel should be in the tanks to fly for 2h and 30 min?
A truck weights 15 tons empty and carries a load of 40 tons. It has 8 wheels. What is the load in tons on each wheel?
If successful candidates will be contacted within 4-6 weeks

Salary & Benefits!

* Competitive Tax Free Basic Salary – Monthly Starting Salary Dhs 3,915

* Company Provided Accommodation

* Company Provided Transport/Transport Allowance

* Hourly Flying Pay

* Profit Share Scheme

* Annual Leave 30 Calender days

* Personal Life and Accident Insurance

* Medical and Dental Provision

Latehttp://latestpilotjobs.com/uploads/2/7/7/3/2773200/46180.jpg?199

Dress Code for Interview!

Females:
Business suit with knee-length skirt
Hair must be neat and tied back if long
Males:
Business suit, shirt and tie

tetisheri
28th Jan 2011, 09:48
Hey everybody
I m trying to finish my medical tests in these days and when I go to hospital I realized that the doctors are not applying smear tests for single ladies in my country.
What I m gonna do ?
Is there anyone else in the same situation like me ?
Thanks

ThatRedHatGirl
28th Jan 2011, 13:20
Tetisheri, take the medical form with you and show it to them that you need it for the job. Maybe that will help.

ally23x
28th Jan 2011, 13:52
I just came down from the pool on the roof that my accommodation has it...I arrived on 25th Jan and I am very exited about this very clean, cosmopolitan and exciting city. You have diversity and million opportunities here...

Emirates induction is great while all the mates I have on my team are super-great!

Do your best...is a once in a life time experience!

tetisheri
28th Jan 2011, 14:22
I already took the form with me and they said no
and they also said this is illegal.
I think I have to mail this issue to HR

ThatRedHatGirl
28th Jan 2011, 17:13
Yes let your recruiter know what is going on.

Most likely you will be given a waiver to sign and they will just get you to do smear test during induction in Dubai.

Do not worry! :)

expatinaction
29th Jan 2011, 07:14
Have you tried the American hospital??

hahamong
29th Jan 2011, 11:35
hii =)
i just wanted to know if emirates check your references when you are accepted or before that? do they call them or do they let you know before?

Djsailor
29th Jan 2011, 11:38
I'm sorry if this has been asked many times .. I'm new here and I really find this site informative! I made it to the final interview and I've been waiting 2 weeks and so. They say "No news, is good news" I'm not sure about that. How long does it usually take to get the GC or the rejection e-mail?

ally23x
29th Jan 2011, 14:51
hahamong

they check references randomly, they did not checked mine and they might not check your eighter!

djsailor

it usually takes less a maximum of 6 weeks depending whether you submitted all your documents at your final interview or you have sent a few documents later on (if this is the case, then start counting 6 weeks since the day they have all your documents). It took me 12 days to have a change in my status and 22 to get the call :)

Good luck to everyone!

Djsailor
29th Jan 2011, 17:38
ally23x

Thank you very much for your reply :)
I have submitted all my required documents. The final interview was on the 10th of Jan. And btw, I haven't applied in the website, I just went to the OD in Bahrain so basically i don't know what's my status :ugh: I've been reading alot here about people who waited more than me. I'm not being impatient but let's say someone is rejected will he/she be waiting for a long time to know like the successful one?

tetisheri
29th Jan 2011, 18:38
There s no American Hospital in my city. And I already sent a queire. Maybe they will accept me like that and I can do this test in Dubai. I will send the all docs and if they want me to make the tests again I will do.Nothing to do :(

ellie22
30th Jan 2011, 07:24
doz_kenya
I called and basically I still have to wait...my application is still being processed.
So I guess back to the waiting game...

ysp333
30th Jan 2011, 10:41
Hey everyone. I'm pretty new at this. was wondering if anyone in the malaysia region will be attending their AD in march. I know it's a while off but wanted to get some info since i've only read bad reviews on it for male CC (I'm a guy). Heard it's only a CV drop off but I think that was for OD only. It will be an AD in Malaysia on March but the recruitment agency is the same. was wondering if anyone had info on that.

Also, I havent submitted my application yet online but i figured I'll still get an invite to the AD in march if i submit it within the week right?

keep up the work by the way. there's so much info on this thread alone

toby1236
30th Jan 2011, 11:39
Hey Perkin....I don't know how i missed your original post about calling your recruiter, but I was relieved today to hear that there is nothing wrong with us, just too many guys as we all suspected. ha I guess we have until March 6 or 7th...which at this point, is not too much longer. (if we don't get another "hold" email) Best of luck and I will certainly post if and when I hear something.

expatinaction
30th Jan 2011, 13:56
Hi I can assure you there is an American hospital in Doha it is a few blocks from Salwa Road. It is private you will have to pay but they have a gynaecology unit. You may have personal reasons for not going there but it 100% exists. However, I hope EK help you to sort it out in DXB.....

Here you go hope this helps if you experience any problems.

American Hospital
Tel: +974 4421999
Al Muntazah, C-Ring Road, next to Labour Department,
P.O.Box:22314, Doha, Qatar
Email: [email protected]

ally23x
30th Jan 2011, 14:07
you should register on-line. if you don't register now, you will still need to register after you get your call, but it's your choice!

you can get both the successful message and the unsuccessful one in 5-6 weeks after your final interview, although the unseccesful one tends to come in the first 2-3 weeks ...

Mikejr
30th Jan 2011, 15:56
Does anyone here knows when it's gonna be Open day in Sao Paulo. I tried to connect with appointed agency Fly right Intl at ORKUT, but Rejane Fortes did not contacted me yet and it's been over a month at , it makes sparkles, and that's all I know for now. Emirates has Assessment days in Sao Paulo In February and March, and for now I can not go straight forward to an AD without passing through the OP, right? Specially within Fly right Intl cop off the candidates. I'm sorry to say that but does anyone here knows anything about When?

Thank you so much.

xx:ok:

tetisheri
30th Jan 2011, 17:15
[Text speak]

ELLENK
30th Jan 2011, 17:17
doz kenya

aww thank you for your reply, i guess your right lol im going to go and grab a pair of fab kurt geigers! :)

i will apply next year, and pray harder, let hope it goes well second time around, ahh lol you have no idea how much i hate london.. lol so cold and boring and im 24 now 25 in aug, so im sort of in a hurry for a new career, ahh i guess im going to focus on other things till the next open day.

thank you for your reply, ou have been a great comfort xxx:)

Jbrsp11
30th Jan 2011, 21:03
Orkut is not updated and seems to be not in use by the owner...I believe you can contact them through their community at "FACEbook" that also has advertisement invinting people to the OD whenever has in South America.
I tend to agree that this advertisement is quite confusing for AD on Feb 26 with no OD prior this date.

A can only advise to add them at FB and wish good luck.
Ps. Rejane Fortes is very professional - in other word between us, she is awesome.

ExLHFA
31st Jan 2011, 01:50
I applied online about 3 weeks ago & my status is still 'applied', any ideas how long it usually takes to get a rejection or advancing to the next stage email?

Thanks

doz kenya
31st Jan 2011, 03:36
Ellie 22
well,from what i have seen here,there's a 98% chance they'll call you.by the way,are you a guy or a girl?

EllenK
you're welcome,you can also apply for other airlines.
All the best

EXLHFA
when i applied,they sent me an email saying if i didn't hear from then in three months i should consider the application unsuccessful...however,they sent me an invite almost 3 years later.
Anyway,i don't think you'll get feedback at this stage.just wait for an invitation letter for an assessment day or look for places you can access that have open days.

bridgyd20
31st Jan 2011, 06:58
I have read one of the EK crews sucess story on another forum. She couldnt reach the required height on her 1st interview. So she tried again 2years later and still fell below.
However, her confidence,friendliness and genuine interest during the 1st stage(before the reach test) was noted by the recruiters. SHE WAS CALLED TO THE NEXT ROUND!
dont be discouraged, go out there and dont look nervous. Stretch as far as you can.
I would also advice that you mark the 212cm on your wall and keep trying because who knows, you just might find a strategy to stretch and reach it.
Good luck and see you in Dubai.

want_to_fly
31st Jan 2011, 07:08
Ysp333

Regardless if it's od or ad in KL the process is the same. This is because it is done in conjunction with the same recruitment agency. Unfortunately what I've been told by a male friend who lives in kl said that it is hard for guys to make it through. Unless you have previous flying experience they may consider you. My male friend ended flying to Perth in Australia for an od. Unfortunately for him he failed to make it through to the second round. What I can recommend you is that you should apply for AD in the Philippines because they do consider taking male applicants during the interview process. Again I know this because my brother in law's best friend's brother made it through in the Philippines.

I myself am a Malaysian but I'm lucky I grew up in Australia and attending interviews here are easy. Twice now I have made it to the second round and the first round I made it to the FI. They're coming to Brisbane soon which I will attend again and with God's favour Im sure I'll make it through again :)

good luck and all the best!

God bless

bridgyd20
31st Jan 2011, 10:37
You can apply online to either the OD or AD in any country if you can afford it financially. If not, am afraid you'll have to wait till they come to your country.
Good luck to us all!

lez_2011
31st Jan 2011, 15:07
I had my AD last week with a recruiter from Pakistan, Andrea. Two years ago I made it to the FI and received my NO email. So last week was very chocking, because I didn't make it to the second round. I'm better prepared now than I was 2 years ago when I made it to the FI.
I'm absolutely numb....

suavebloke
31st Jan 2011, 15:37
I am Ghanaian, in accra heard the invitations are out did you get yours?

RiRi25
31st Jan 2011, 16:20
[Text speak]

betheresoon
31st Jan 2011, 19:40
hi bridgyd20,
We can meet before the AD. have you received your invitation? which date did you get. i got 27th. Good to know Ghanaians are here now :ok:.

suavebloke, have you received an invitation?

All the best to all
:cool:

Mikejr
31st Jan 2011, 21:39
Thank you for your kind works. I got to agree with you, it confuses anyone I dare.
2 AD dates in a row and Zero of OP? I applied for both AD, and really up there I want to go. But we never know!

Will you go by any luck?

Anyway, if you know anything, please keep me uptaded? Check out my profile for email address. I am aware, email address can not be posted on a reply.

Thank you.

nanu
31st Jan 2011, 23:32
hey to all:)...i have a question...if you can help me with it...i had my FI on the 24.01., and yesterday my status changed to under review....so its been a week from my FI...i searched the thread about some info if it ever happens that you are unsuccessful after that or not....i know you never know if you are and that everything can happen but i can not help myself...i am so full of hope...and in a way...i am already packing :O...share your thoughts if you can...and also...my FI went great in my opinion..does it ever happen that you get rejected all though they were pleased and smilling all the time?..thank you in advance for every answer...

RiRi25
1st Feb 2011, 08:28
hope you guys have some helpful hints :)

I did not register online for my OD. Last week I had my FI, should I register now? or should I just wait until they call me? and in case the answer is YES do it then? I do have some sort of an account that I created maybe 6 months ago, however it is not showing my status. Is it bc I didn't fill out my details and load my docs? thank you :)

hahamong
1st Feb 2011, 12:02
nanu (http://www.pprune.org/members/343706-nanu) i had my F.I same as you and my statut is still "applied" is this a bad sign since my F.I was a disaster? ahhh i m so scared :{:{

LINDAHEIDIUK
1st Feb 2011, 17:02
HIV TEST
HEPATITIS B (HBsAg) TEST
HEPATITIS C (hCV) TEST
VDRL (Syphilys) TEST

HAEMOGLOBIN LEVEL

CHEST X RAY

CERVICAL SMEAR

VACCINATION CERTIFICATE

DENTAL HEALTH CERTIFICATE + X RAYS

Ophtalmic report (ONLY if you need to wear glasses or contacts lenses or have undergone corrective eye surgery)

nanu
1st Feb 2011, 17:53
hey hahamong :)...i think that it does not mean anything?..maybe your file has not reached Dubai?..and there are some girls that are great and their status has not [email protected] you for the response...i know i have to wait, and i am ok with that...and i have patience...as long as the answer is a positive one :O...i hope that what i read is generally true..that a negative answer comes in 2 weeks after the FI?...thanks:)

Durban girl
1st Feb 2011, 18:17
HI guys and girls,

DAY 23 and waiting....

Wanted to ask, does anyone know if they phone on your home number or mobile??

To all who are waiting for their GC'S, STAY STRONG :)

purelife
2nd Feb 2011, 01:25
durban girl:

99% of the time to the MOBILE. :ok:

africangirl
2nd Feb 2011, 07:33
Hi guys, could someone PLEASE send me the medical forms. my link is not opening :ugh: and i would really like to get started. please. my email is victoriaambre at gmail dot com. thank you so much. i would really appreciate it.:)

danja
2nd Feb 2011, 15:04
hello everybody
so emirates have an assesment day next month in my country. so I'm thinking to apply online tonight, so i have some questions if you guys don't mind

If I register today, when they will let me know if I'm elected or not? the place they will come is like 8 hours away to my city so will I know it like 2 days in advance?

I've been to abroad many times and stayed in America like 5 months. If I add this to their letter of application part, does it look bad? should I add it? (I love travelling and that's why I want to write it)
thanks for your help in advance

Zaina.J
2nd Feb 2011, 19:17
I got my FA today and leaving in 12 days!! Good luck to all off you out there! 2011 is a golden year!

Mikejr
2nd Feb 2011, 21:16
Brazil, Sao Paulo Ref No: CC/BB/16914 26-Feb-2011 09:00 am Register Now Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency Fly Right International.

Have you seen this up there on Emirates Webpage Assessment day? Have they turned them down?Because it's not there anymore.
In other line, I noted that there is an OPEN DAY in Sao Paulo this month on the 20th. I am thinking of it and I'd like to know if it's good to apply now and maybe wait for another time?

Please let me know, guys.:D I could be hispanic but there is not a problem? what is that then?

Thanks!

Jbrsp11
2nd Feb 2011, 21:58
FORGET about AD = Assestment Day. It's only under invitation and if you pass through the OD= Open Day.

YES - there is an Open Day on Feb 20 advertised at Emirates Career in the Global open days (something like that)...also in the fly right int. website

There is no need to apply for the open day - JUST show up on time.
Once again, take a look in the website above all info you need is in there.
Good Luck!

MissUAE
2nd Feb 2011, 22:23
Hello everybody :O
I am going to introduce me: I am a spanish girl of 25 years old who dreams to work as a Cabin Crew in EMIRATES.

On January 29, 2011 I assist for the first time to EMIRATES Open Day in Madrid.
400 candidates, many nerves, uncertainty... but hopes, desires, strength and confidence in myself. Finally many tears and really I feel destroyed; They broke my dream... I stayed only one step to the final interview.
As you know to within 6 months you can not assist to another OD of EK.

If someday I have the pleasure of working as a Cabin Crew I want be part of EK, but for that they have to give me a chance.

In March I will try to Etihad; same dog with different necklace.

Many people say that Emirates makes you dream... And it is true...
Although they also say that working in Emirates is like winning the lottery...

I am looking forward to coming back to Dubai!

Best regards

WillingPilot
2nd Feb 2011, 23:31
Hey,

With Emirates rapidly expanding and increasing, I don't think you'll be shocked. I'm not sure what the exact requirements fort he cabin crew are however, emirates did announce they were going to bring in 750 pilots and have massive orders on the way.

Good luck - let us know how you get on. :ok:

want_to_fly
3rd Feb 2011, 05:03
WillingPilot is right

Dont give up on EK as they are a rapidly growing airline with more planes coming in. Dont forget every year, or even every month cabin crew will resign and head back home. My friends from EK have told me that there are some people who have tried 5 times to get into EK. Im not saying that you will have to try many times. But if EK is your dream job, then dont give up and do not let doubt and fear dictate your future. I have failed EK twice, and I am definitely going again. I have made it to the FI and had to wait 1 year. Now my 1 year is up I'm going to the OD in March where I come from :)

EK is not an impossible dream. The Bible says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". So head on.. dont give up

tetisheri
3rd Feb 2011, 05:53
Hello all,
I just finished my medicals yesterday and upload them on the system. Do I need to inform them that I finished medicals ? Do I need to send them A query ?
The only pending document is opthalmetric page. I am not using any glass.That is why I didint upload it.
What should I do next ?
Thanks .

angel171
3rd Feb 2011, 08:01
hi Misterdereck, finally did you get the list?
I'm new here and I'm going now to the second interview here in Dubai so it would be a great help for me if I get the list too. please let me know!!!

toby1236
3rd Feb 2011, 11:55
Just to update anyone who received a temporary "on hold" email that my status finally changed this week to "you will be contacted".

Mikejr
3rd Feb 2011, 13:54
Thank you all and Jbrsp11 (http://www.pprune.org/members/347316-jbrsp11)

I'd like to go to the Open day, and it may be the right time.

I will keep this updated so far.

URUFLIESDUBAI
3rd Feb 2011, 14:01
Congrats mate!!, good!!
when did you have your FI?, were you in the pack that got the on hold mail on dec 29th? are you a guy?
sorry for the interrogatory,ejejeje
CONGRATULATIONS!!1

ally23x
3rd Feb 2011, 21:13
hi! Normaly now you should receive an email asking you if you need to wear glases or not. You can spee up the process by posting a query that you do not need to wear glases...this way they will simply remove the link for ophtalmic report from pending documents.

You don't have to send them an email to say that you have finished uploading the documents. Now that you have uploaded them you can see 2 links near each document (one to view and one to remove the item). After they watch the document you will have left only the option for view....then you will know that they have seen and that they need to get the final approval for them. If you were in time with the medicals (no overdue) you can get the final approval in 2-3 days until 1 month...good luck!

beverlyonwukah
3rd Feb 2011, 23:57
[Text speak]

yoshi_mitsu
4th Feb 2011, 00:35
hey!

You should take a look at the first page of this thread. MLiz has posted very nice info regarding her own experience with the interview.

Cheers!:ok:

beverlyonwukah
4th Feb 2011, 01:23
[Text speak]

tetisheri
4th Feb 2011, 06:28
Thanks ally
I already submit a query telling that I finished medicals and no need for the opthalmetric report.
Lets wait and see

perkin1
4th Feb 2011, 08:29
Its been four months since my final interview in Sydney i finally get this message today when i log in:

LOGIN

You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest

Only question is how much longer until they call??

want_to_fly
4th Feb 2011, 11:46
Hey Perkin1

Can I ask how many attended the Sydney interview? And 4 months seems long and since I can't tell, are you a male? Because I know most male candidates had to wait extra 3 months or so because they couldn't fit new recruits into their aviation college dates.

By the way, anyone here attended the Perth OD last month on the 29th? I'll be going to the Brisbane one on the 26th of March

toby1236
4th Feb 2011, 11:51
Congrats Perkin. I am pretty sure this means we are in....so at this point, I can relax and even wait a month for the call if necessary. But I haven't waited as long as you...my FI was a month or so after yours.

Mikejr
4th Feb 2011, 17:12
There is an Open day available on Emirates Page for this month.

Brazil, Sao PauloRef No: CC/BB/1691420-Feb-201110:00 amIntercity Ibirapuera Premium Hotel
2577 Ibirapuera Ave,. Moema,
Sao Paulo

Register Now (https://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/cabincrewopendays.aspx?AdvNo=8651BACB12048CA1)Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency Fly Right International.

And I applied this week and look what I got. Arabic people are reallly awesome. They make me tickles on my stomach, breath better and went up. Two thumps up!

Welcome to your personalized Emirates Group account, your last visit was Feb 03, 2011 at 01:59:33 AM.

Below is a summary of your account.
My job applications

Open Day
Job Ref No: CC/BB/16914

Cabin Crew

Brazil, Sao Paulo Posted: 10 Jan '11, Closing 20 Feb '11 Not Successful

How's that? I went on 5 Open day, and 4 Assessment days, all in mixed countries. I have not seen this on my User account before. This is amazing. and I'm not really upset. Really My best friend in USA was a Egypt guy, so I am sure this is a trick! Is it? This is too heavy for first chair!

Do you think I should go to the Open day on Feb 20th? :}

Fingerzcrossed
4th Feb 2011, 20:33
Hey all, I Am back after one year thinking about reapplying again very soon after i made it the last time to the Final interview, i would appreciate any advices from same past experienced applicants (who made it the the FI but was not successful and thinking about applying again or already did)

Thank you all and best wishes for whom are waiting the golden call

haunting
4th Feb 2011, 22:25
Hello everyone,
I would be very grateful if someone could inseminate me . When i uploaded my photos to my c.v , i didn`t pay attention . I have uploaded a photo of mine that i am in jeans and t- shirt . So i cannot take it back .And now i have doubts that i already lost my chance to be attended to the pre-interviews. :( Do they only accept the photos with business suit? :ugh:

mccdatabase
5th Feb 2011, 09:10
Hello everyone,
I would be very grateful if someone could inseminate me

Wowser !!! depending on what the photo looks like I would say prepare to be overwhelmed with offers of "help" :D

barbora dolce
5th Feb 2011, 16:03
Hi everybody, I had my FI in slovakia 25th of january and my status changed to under review after FI. was like that only for week and two days ago changed to
you will be contacted by your recruitment coordinator at the earliest. But they said we will receive the call after 4 to 6 weeks after FI so I am little worried if there is not mystake because is too soon. And I am not 21 years old yet, will bw in two weeks... :confused:

Mikejr
5th Feb 2011, 16:41
Welcome back Fingerzcrossed. I guess it's normal after you miss one year!!! Thanks. I'd like more..
So are you waiting for your Golden Call? WOWWW
I am really looking forward for someone to reply me on my last post, appreciate.
Hopefully I'd be promptly on things THINGS. Tell me what does it shows, ok?

Thanks and looking forward to.

yoshi_mitsu
5th Feb 2011, 20:41
Hello everyone!!

Is there anyone attending the Emirates OD/AD to be addressed by Topfly in Bogota this Feb 12th-13th? Haven't seen anyone sharing their experiences as i think this is just the third time Emirates will be recruiting Colombian people. This will be my first try and hopefully the last.

The best of luck for you all!
Cheers!! :ok:

yoshi_mitsu

nanu
6th Feb 2011, 09:23
hey :)...i had the fi also in bratislava but mine was on the 24th..but mine is still under review..but the status you will be... is great :D:.i heard that one girl already got the call to come :)..so no worries :)

barbora dolce
6th Feb 2011, 09:43
is it you Drago?:) well I am waiting for call, still nothing, than is the worst part-medicals, if you have any people from bratislava interview on facebook, add me there :)...barbora dolce :O

Ele87
6th Feb 2011, 10:50
Well for starters congratulations to those of you who have being accepted to join us all in Dubai, if your still waiting to hear back then keep your chin up, emirates are known for taking a while to get back to you. I am in my 3rd week of flying and I love it, its definently not easy though. Im living in Al Nahda which is close to the airport and training college, Training was very full on but if you study everyday its easy to pass. Good luck to everyone who has applied or thinking of applying xxx

Fingerzcrossed
6th Feb 2011, 11:18
I am wondering, in case we did not pass the training what may happen ? is there any possibility to send us back home?

Thanks

perkin1
6th Feb 2011, 12:48
Wanttofly: About 150 attended the sydney interview. I am a male, so thats why its taken so long for me. The girls i went with had their GCs about 4-5 weeks after the FI.

Toby: Thanks mate, good to see things are finally moving forward. Hopefully we'll be called by christmas... And you on Face book at all mate? would be cool to keep in touch there, especially since we could be heading over around the same time!

Fingerzcrossed: Even if you aren't passing, it is in the company's best interests to help you through it and have you pass.. Think about it. Theyve spent thousands of dollars flying you over there, organising your visas, accomodation, etc its not likely that they would send you home again after all that unless you were doing extremely poor... (ie not studying at all, not showing up to training school, coming to class every morning drunk/hungover, being disrespectful etc.)

I'm sure if you fail a few tests all it means is that theyll have you do it again, but just give you extra assistance in that certain area/s.

Nothing to worry about there!

ellie22
7th Feb 2011, 07:30
My status is approval in progress! So excited after having waited so long, fingers crossed from here..

JewelF
7th Feb 2011, 10:16
My status is approval in progress! So excited after having waited so long, fingers crossed from here..
How long did you wait ellie?

bridgyd20
7th Feb 2011, 10:54
yeah betheresoon, I am also booked for the 27th. I am really getting excited and taking all the advices seriously.
You can Pm me your number so we get in touch!
Gods favor be with us all!

toby1236
7th Feb 2011, 11:43
Got my GC....though I missed the call. ha ha

hazel grace
7th Feb 2011, 12:35
I'm going for OD in KL, Malaysia on 6th March.
Anyone here with Malaysia OD's experience?
This forum has been a great help for me in my preparation! :ok:

ellie22
7th Feb 2011, 20:18
JewelF- I had my FI on the 13th December.

JewelF
8th Feb 2011, 00:11
JewelF- I had my FI on the 13th December.

That wasnt so long. I've got friends whose FIs were in November and they're still waiting! lol. that's just crazy. But i'm happy for you, congrats! I'll see you there in a few months:ok:

perkin1
8th Feb 2011, 00:48
Toby! Haha what time did they call Dubai Time?
They leave a voicemail, and was it a blocked number?
Did they call your home phone? or Mobile?

Exciting.... about time!!!

JewelF
8th Feb 2011, 00:49
What do you say when they ask you to introduce yourself on the assessment day? I dont want to sound corny nor go off the ball. Should I mention my favorite color and tv show? Or should I give a breif of my skills, qualifications and my personality?
:ugh:

Thank you in advance!

perkin1
8th Feb 2011, 04:16
Got my GC.. DOJ march 28 !!!!!!!!!!

9 Oct: Open day
10 Oct: Assessment Day:
12 Oct: Final Interview:
21 Oct: Approval in Progress:
5 Nov:Asked to email Image/uniform standards form:
7 Dec: Received Email Saying i was put on hold for 3 months:
4 Feb: Locked out of account - "Your Recruiter will contact" :
8 Feb: GC

I hope no one else here ever has to wait that long! haha

want_to_fly
8th Feb 2011, 04:52
Congratulations guys! Must be exciting times for you. Im sure they'll call you back Toby and update us when they do :) March isn't that far away so lets start the farewell celebrations now haha! I'll be doing my interview on March 26th, and Perkin1 did they make you do like a picture test at the end of the interview?

ellie22
8th Feb 2011, 08:01
Congrats Perkin1!!

Paradise33
8th Feb 2011, 08:44
Had final one on one interview Jan 16th 2011 and status still says applied. 12 made final cut (including me) and 3 have already had calls! I thought they would call us around same time, what does it mean they've already called 3 and 9 of us are still waiting!!.. anxious :rolleyes:

nexia
8th Feb 2011, 09:01
Hey guys, I'm new here :D My DOJ is march 21st. Anybody else joining then?

8 Jan: OD
9 Jan: AD
11 Jan: FI
22 Jan: GC
21 Mar: DOJ

I did all my medical test and now I'm waiting for FA. Actually I only didn't do 2 bitewings X-rays because I don't know what that is and also the lady that did my OPG doesn't know what is it. What happens if I travel to Dubai without it? I still have time to do that ;)

Everybody else just be patient they will call you! It is not interesting to wait but it will all be over soon and you will be happy when you get GC :O

k_tii2
8th Feb 2011, 09:06
Hey guys, thought I would join the waiting game on here as there seems to be a few of us Aussies on here!

I had my FI Jan 11 in Melbourne along with 8 other people (1 guy). My status turned to "approval in progress" 2 weeks ago after I received the uniform/tattoo email... and now I'm anxiously waiting.

Congrats to all who have received your GC... especially Perkin and the other boys... I don't know how you all survived the long wait! :D

want_to_fly
8th Feb 2011, 09:48
Hi K_tii2 are you saying there are only 9 people in your OD that made it to the FI? that's a lot less then what I have experienced! Anyway Im sure you'll get a call very soon. I've experienced that usually it's a Sunday that you get a rejection email whereas a call could be anyday from Sunday through to Thursday as the weekend on UAE falls on Friday and Saturday. Anyway good luck!

ps I will be attending the OD in Brisbane again and did they mention we could get a choice of choosing A380's or main fleet as long as we tell them in the Fi? Because last time the recruiters gave us the choice...

Anyway all the best and praying for you to get the GC :)

God bless!

nanu
8th Feb 2011, 09:52
Hey Paradise :)...i had the final in bratislava, 24th of january...i was the only guy on the fi....was so happy and shocked a bit :O...3 girls already got the call to join...so happy for them...the rest of us are still waiting..but its a sweet wait :O...some of us have applied status, some have under review status...i am one of the "under review"...i think they are just mixing different people from around the world for the training so thats why some got the call, some didnt...hope everyone will get the call... @ k_tii2...and what about the only guy?...did he get any status change?thanks and good luck to everyone :)

k_tii2
8th Feb 2011, 11:02
Hi want_to_fly... yeah there were only 9 of us which was surprising considering the OD had about 100.

Have they rescheduled Brissy? I remember in my FI the recruiters were saying they would be back in Dubai earlier because of the floods. I think if I remember correctly they said we will be most like on main fleet. They have been training current employees for A380... but I could have heard incorrectly!!

All the best for your OD, hopefully we all make it to the sand pit!

Durban girl
8th Feb 2011, 12:25
Hi all,

Does anyone know why there is such a difference amongst people in the amount of time that we have to wait to get a status change/GC/rejection email? It just doesn't seem fair. I've been waiting 4 weeks and 2 days and my status still says application under review. Some have been waiting 3 months!!! While others wait a week and get their GC-LUCKY FISHES! Maybe different agencies work differently??

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ARE WAITING...Sigh..its a frustrating process.

want_to_fly
8th Feb 2011, 12:38
Thanks for your speedy reply! Yeah they rescheduled the Brisbane OD from January to 26th of March. Which is a blessing in disguise cos I needed time to clear up some acne marks on my face haha! Who were the recruiters you had this time? Im just curious cos I want the previous recruiters I had a while back cos they were really nice. Anyway I was just curious about their recruitment process for the fleets cos I was told by a friend who works for Emirates that they desperately need crews for the A380. And if it actually worth mentioning which fleet I get and land myself a job I'll say it!

Anyway Im staying positive and yes, meet you in the sandpit in the near future!

All the best and God bless!

lala2011
8th Feb 2011, 15:27
[Text speak]

.agamt
8th Feb 2011, 15:57
[Text speak]

charnel
8th Feb 2011, 16:06
Hey Durban girl,
From what we could see so far, it all seems to be random. For sure girls have to wait significantly less, while guys usually around 3 montghs.
It also looks like they try to keep some kind of order, for example those who had their FI's in the middle of october and received "on hold" mail, already got or will get soon GC, those who had FI's in the beginning of november are still waiting. And also we have those who had some problems like missing photo or some documents, this for sure delayed whole process.

Ele87
8th Feb 2011, 21:11
Im pretty sure you wont fail, I was so so worried about that all through my training because I dont retain information well but I got no less then 95% in all my exms and trust me I have never ever gotton marks like that.

The instructors are great and will explaing things over and over again until you get it, will make time outside of class to go over things your not understanding which if thats the case with you as it was with me make sure you put your hand up for help. If you do fail an exam you get to do it again and the questions are the same you even get to see where you went wrong you"ll come to class 1 hr earlier the next day and re do it but your pass mark needs to be higher but that happned to no one in my class. Study with friends after class just a little each day and you'll be fine besides it all comes together once you get out online. Hope this helpt a little goodluck :-)

RiRi25
9th Feb 2011, 12:41
here's my timeline guys

OD 22/01
AD 23/01
FI 25/01
GC 09/02

congrats to all who got their GC's, for those still waiting wishing the best of luck :)

ALEX60021
9th Feb 2011, 12:58
My DOJ is also 21st of March. I'm waiting for the FA. My FI was on 20 Dec. It's te second week after my medicals were done....hope to get the news soon.

k_tii2
9th Feb 2011, 13:11
We had Louise (Aussie) and Kim (Kiwi) both really nice and easy to get along with. It was nice to hear them talk about their experiences... they didn't try to glam the job up or anything, they were straight to the point but as Kim said that lifestyle to her was like getting paid to have fun.

I guess thats why most of us want to join... work hard but then play hard around the world! Goodluck for the OD, keep us all posted on your progress:ok:

RiRi25
9th Feb 2011, 19:05
i left i my doj - april 11, anyone has the same?

isabel66
9th Feb 2011, 20:56
hiii guys =)

my friend had her final interview more than two weeks now and her statut still "applied"
her mobil were off for two days and now she wonders if she could had been called even though her statut still "applied"?
and if it's the case will she be contacted back?

AKL-NZ
10th Feb 2011, 01:17
Hey, does anyone have a DOJ March 14th? So excited!!!

little dazzling
10th Feb 2011, 03:38
Hello guys, how are you all? Hope everyone are doing greats here! I have a favor need help!!

As all the documents in other language than English are required to translate into English by an authorised signatory, just wondering the authorised signatory is refering to who or which organization? I know this sounds stupid but I do not know who can do the job:bored:

hazel_grace: Hi I have went to the OD in KL on last Nov!

Riri25: Hey there, my DOJ is 11th April, too!

doz kenya
10th Feb 2011, 08:53
after exactly four weeks,i got the unsussessful mail.i am so disappointed
some girls in my batch got regrets in one week.why couldn't they send mine then?they got me so hopeful then this....

RiRi25
10th Feb 2011, 09:00
hey there, they called me from dxb this morning and moved up my DOJ to April 25, so i have enough time to notify my job, because they explained it takes sometimes up to 2 weeks from submitting the medicals to get the FA. too bad, would have been nice to know someone in advance :)

anyone joining 25/04 ?

trizakalerwa
10th Feb 2011, 09:39
[Text speak]

Milly26
10th Feb 2011, 09:57
nanu, i was that only guy at the melbourne FI in January. My status changed from under review to approval in progress and i received the email about tattoos etc earlier this week.
I have just been reading some posts - i cant believe some ppl are getting their GC just 2-3 weeks after their FI - wish that was the case here.ha.

Ali_L
10th Feb 2011, 10:19
Hi everyone,
thank you for all of your sharings about all the information.
but i just wonder if i have freckles on my face, can i still apply for the FA of EK?:8

MarkoSerbia
10th Feb 2011, 11:43
Hi to all....is there anybody with accommodation on Sheik Zayed road,21st century building....Wondering what is like,because i am gonna to be situated there soon.... :):cool:

chichi2010
10th Feb 2011, 14:50
Al Nahda 11...anyone knows anything about this building?

Durban girl
10th Feb 2011, 18:54
Ali L

Having freckles is not a bad thing :) be confident!!

Doz Kenya

I am so sorry to hear that you received a rejection letter, it really can't be easy to wait 4 or more weeks and then get rejected. Good luck with everything! Maybe you will want to try again in a year or you will find your calling somewhere else! All the best!

snowglobe
10th Feb 2011, 20:06
Anyone going to ad in london on 22 feb?

purelife
11th Feb 2011, 04:23
Chichi2010,

I posted this some months ago for another girl that was coming to Al Nahda:

I also live in Al Nahda, and that building is the same as mine... it's nice, 2 bedroom apartment, each own bathroom, visitors bathroom, living and dining room with nice (not old) furniture. Kitchen. Room to hang clothes, etc..
I actually like mine a lot, each building has a pool and a gym in the roof.

Al Nahda is further away from the "city" BUT the apartments are bigger, and we are close to training collage/headquarters/airport, so my point of view: if we just want to go out, we can take the Emirates bus and go!

of course, there are some people that don't like it and wanna go to the "city", there are others that move from the city to here, and there are others like me that were put here since the beginning, I was dissapointed when I found out I was going to live far away, but once I got here and lived some time in it... I wouldn't change it. :ok:

chichi2010
11th Feb 2011, 05:17
i was hoping to get a two bedroomed apartment so thats fantastic:-)i had read your post but was not sure which one you were talking about because the details they sent me read: Building Name and Area: Al Kamda Building, Al Nahda, Al Nahda 2.i dont mind at all that it is out of town because some peace and quite after a long day is great:-)thank you

purelife
11th Feb 2011, 09:18
Yeah, it's the same, in Al Nahda, we are 5 Emirates buildings, three of them are together (in this one is Al Kamda) and just around the corner are another 2. Your building: Al Kamda is one of the most popular, by this I mean there are a lot of people in that building.
But the 5 buildings are practically the same.

And yeah, it's muuuch better 2 bedrooms.

Good luck and welcome to Al Nahda :)

ally23x
11th Feb 2011, 11:11
Hy! I posted the same question 3 weeks ago :) and now I am completely enjoying my accommodation on 21st century tower shk. zayed road :)

it is supposed to be the tallest residential building in Dubai, but there are a lot of other buildings taller then this (non-residential). Depending on what appartment you have (if you want send me a p.m. whit the number) you may be having as a view the sea, another building the desert or another building :)

The appartment ifself is pretty small, but more then enough, I would say...furniture more or less new, separate bathrooms, you can't open the windows :( the kitchen is 2 square meters, but there are other things that compensate with this!!!

The location of the building is the best I would say: 1 metro station to Burj Khalifa/Dubai mall, metro station is at your right as you get out of the building, if you cross all the metro station and walk for another 5 minutes you have a pretty cheap supermarket, there is also a 24 hours supermarket in the building on your left as you get out, and a beauty salon :) there are a lot of restaurants near by nad ZINC club is at one metro station from us. Plus that if you walk you would get there in 15 -20 minutes :) And this building is know for parties :)

So is kind of great to live in 21st century tower!

Also there is a serbian girl that joined on 25th of January living in the same building :)

And don't forget shared accommodation is also about flat mates! Good luck and see you soon. We might meet in the elevators :p

xxpaulaxx
11th Feb 2011, 12:44
Is anyone going to OD in LA on March 26?

This is my first time trying out. Any advice is appreciated :)

kie2010
11th Feb 2011, 13:09
Hey just recieved an email today asking me to attend a recruitment day on 26th feb. I had previously applied online so is this an open day or assessment day?
Is anyone else going to this, its in Belfast? Im curious as to how many people will be there as northern ireland is a relativley small county.
Anybody any tips they could give me? :) As I have never experienced anything like before or anything even remotely similar lol.

JewelF
11th Feb 2011, 13:51
Kie,

I think that's the assessment day. You get invited from online to the AD and not OD. Be prepared for a long day, read the forum and make sure you leave home with all the necessary things. Best of luck! If its the OD, better to be prepared than sorry.

charnel
11th Feb 2011, 15:42
I'm afraid that is not true. I personally received an invitation to OD in Waw, so it is clearly stated in an email you've got if this is for open or assessment day.

snowglobe
11th Feb 2011, 17:31
Its an open day in belfast. Anyone can go, but you've been invited because its closer to you than whichever assessment day you applied for. They always invite you to the closest one.

jn86
11th Feb 2011, 17:58
hello
I've a question about recruitment :
Does Emirates airline recruit people who have been working for qatar airways ?

Regards
D.Crane

alessac
11th Feb 2011, 20:29
im new here and have a question: does anyone know how to get into a course for a cabin crew at Emirates Aviation College?and whats the duration?

JewelF
11th Feb 2011, 21:08
@dn86

EK does but i've heard from quite a few people on another cabin crew site, that Ek and Qatar has a policy where you have to wait 1year after leaving the previous airline to apply to the other. Lol. who knows? Cause everyone was questioning it lol. But alot of Qatar members do join EK. Heard Qatar treats their employees like kids:rolleyes:

Mari
12th Feb 2011, 07:51
Yes. Exactly 12 months from the resignation date until the date of joining.

If you don't want to wait, do not mention QR in your CV and change your passport.

Djsailor
12th Feb 2011, 12:06
Hey guys,

I have recieved my rejection e-mail 2 days ago :sad:! it makes me sad reaching to the final interview was sort of a miracle. The whole experience of the open day was enjoyable but stressful, nerve-wrecking and requires ALOT of patience. When I read my e-mail I was in a shock, not that I'm was over confident that I'd get the job .. it's just sometimes you have these strange feelings that you're there.

I'm carrying the Pakistani passport and it's hand-written not biometric/electronic passport and recently I become aware of that. I guess that was the reason I got rejected since as per UAE regulations (Pakistani hand-written passports) are no longer permitted anymore unless they are computerized. But sometimes i ask myself this same question: if it was for the passport i got rejected and say they approved me; wouldn't they advise me to make a new one as soon as possible?

Oh well, i have to wait now for another year but there's something that's going on in my mind: would they give a second chance for those who made it to the final interviews a year ago? would they consider them again? or will they eleminate them to give room for the others?

JewelF
12th Feb 2011, 14:43
@Djsailor (http://www.pprune.org/members/348633-djsailor)

Dont worry about it. Try again. There's no reason for them to make space for the new ones unless you're going on 36years old. There are many people who have tried more than 5 times and got through, infact, my friend Roja from Sweden was telling me of a guy she knew that tried a combination of 20times and on his 21st try, he said that he'll make it his last, and guess what? He got through then. I mean, that's alot of time yes, but it shows that no matter how many times you try, it doesnt make a difference. However, i'd recommend you try other airlines as well. Roja's doing BA this month and she's excited as well. She had went to EK 6times and was unsuccesssful on each occassion. But you know what she told me? She said, that she was going to try again after the year has passed and she made it to Ek's final interview as well. She still hasnt given up hope and I feel so good for her. I dont want you to neither, keep trying, it will pay off eventually. I am trying for the first time come April / May this year in my country when EK's gonna be here. I havent even been to the OD/AD/FI but i already feel so confident that i'll get it. Pray about it and ask God for it. Ask and ye shall receive.

Best of luck though!!!

Djsailor
12th Feb 2011, 15:24
Thank you JewelF :O ... your words gave me hope again!!!

I will be trying again next year but why do we have to wait for 1 year for those who reached the final interview? what's the reason behind that sentence?

best wishes and hope you'll make it :)

Ele87
12th Feb 2011, 15:43
Ha ha purelife I think it was me you posted it for, Im still in AlNahda now and I quite like it, we are very close to sahara centre and 2 supermarkets right downstairs, my apartment is big and modern and a very nice flat mate, I have friends living further out who also have nice accomodation but takes them alot longer to get to airport etc.

yananash
12th Feb 2011, 17:34
Hi! I'm just wondering if I have my home address in Thailand on my application but I want to attend an AD in London, whether Emirates will review my application or not because I'm in another country faraway from London. If anyone knows or has experience in applying an AD in another country like this, please share.

Thank you so much and hope you guys get the GC real soon :)

Milly26
12th Feb 2011, 21:02
Djsailor, just curious how long after your FI did you wait until you got the unsuccessful email?

allyNZ
13th Feb 2011, 04:22
Anyone else with an april 4th DOJ? PM me! :)

k_tii2
13th Feb 2011, 05:19
Hey everyone!! Has anyone ever received a text message from Emirates HR before?

I received one today saying "please check your email and forward the required documents". I didn't receive any email though:confused:

It's coming up to week 5 since my FI and my status is at approval in progress and I sent back the Image and Uniform form over 3 weeks ago.

Just curious if anyone else has had a similar encounter??

allyNZ
13th Feb 2011, 06:00
hey k_tii2

i have received a text from 'emirates recruitment' before asking me to check my email, however there was an email there when I checked it!

perhaps check your junk email (if you havent already), as i have had one of their emails go to my junk folder before?

hope this helps :)

ellie22
13th Feb 2011, 06:14
DOJ 21st March!!:O
For those who have recently got there GC, how long does it take for them to send you a link to the portal?

Lou75
13th Feb 2011, 06:37
Congatulations Ellie ! So happy for you. I was wondering exactly the same things, I m waiting for the medical link !

Doj April 4th, hope to meet again our lil team from Sydney :)

xx

allyNZ
13th Feb 2011, 07:20
Hey Ellie! I received my GC on a Monday & didn't receive my link to the portal until Thursday. So frustrating waiting!

Lou - I also have the same DOJ as you!

:)

biancs88
13th Feb 2011, 09:12
Congratulations Ellie and Lou! So happy for you both! I'm still waiting but hopefully I will hear something soon! It's been almost 9 weeks now :ugh:

Durban girl
13th Feb 2011, 09:37
For all those people who are waiting to hear back after their FI, has anyone tried to contact them? I've been waiting 5 weeks today and I may want to try contact them if I reach 6 weeks with no change. What about you Biancs88? 9 weeks is a long time! What does your status say?

biancs88
13th Feb 2011, 09:47
Durbangirl- I called them and they told me that my application was going through final approval and that I should hear by wednesday that just passed. I didn't end up hearing from them so I called on thursday night and the lady told me I should hear by no later than today, still haven't heard anything though :sad:. My status hasn't changed from "Under Review" either. I don't know why its taking so long! Its the most frustrating wait ever. I might call tomorrow night if I don't hear anything, I don't want to annoy them but I need to know before uni starts in 2 weeks...

Jbrsp11
13th Feb 2011, 14:48
Going to the 3rd week after FI and no status changed - nothing so far.
Some of the female candidates already got their GC.
somebody in the same situation???

Djsailor
13th Feb 2011, 16:59
Miley26, It took 31 days exactely after my final interview to get my rejection e-mail. I keep thinking about it :ugh:

do they reconsider candidates who made it to the final interview the second time around in OD after the 1 year penalty? Anyone had the experienece in trying for the second time? I mean those who reached to the finals and were unsuccessful?

nanu
13th Feb 2011, 18:44
Hey Djsailor...i am sorry to hear that..it must be hard after waiting and then..get a negative answer...i am also in the waiting game, and i am hoping...and thinking positive :)...and about your question..my friend tried 3 times, and the third time was the lucky one..he got to the FI before but he got the e-mail..so dont you worry...just go for it again..and i wish you luck and success :)..

@ Jbrsp11...i am in the same situation..i am still waiting..on monday will be 3 weeks..some of the girls who were with me on the FI, already got the call and they are joining soon :)...so we just have to wait :)