PDA

View Full Version : British Army answerphone

Dogwatch
8th Oct 2010, 18:45
Enjoy

YouTube - The British Army Answer Phone.wmv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4SgnlVV3Ko)

Geehovah
8th Oct 2010, 19:17
Quite funny:)

I'm just glad I joined the Service that allowed me to go home at 4.30 every afternoon.

airborne_artist
8th Oct 2010, 20:15
Geehova - you slept sleep peaceably in your bed at night only because rough men stood ready to do violence on your behalf :ok:

Siggie
8th Oct 2010, 20:54
Funny, I have to get up at 1630 when doing overwatch.

Mr Grim
8th Oct 2010, 21:46
Ahh the old ones never get boring! Must be time for another fitness test thread as well?

I am sure the army would be doing so much better in Afg if Air wasn't getting in their way. Let the pissing contest begin, I just know it will be extremely constructive and useful.
:rolleyes:

EDIT: Forgot to add that it was good to see the old Few Good Men quote come out. The irony is that those that quote it never realise that the point of the film is that the guy that says it is absolutely wrong.

ShyTorque
8th Oct 2010, 21:52
If you have already failed the aptitude tests for the other two services and think what the hell, I'm desperate for a job so maybe it could be a case of third time lucky, please stay on the line......

Roadster280
8th Oct 2010, 23:47
If you have already failed the aptitude tests for the other two services and think what the hell, I'm desperate for a job so maybe it could be a case of third time lucky, please stay on the line......

Stones. Glass houses.

Desperate? Let's see how that pans out come October 20.

It won't be so much a pissing contest as a urine wash-out for the RN & RAF. Army get to park a few tracked vehicles for a while.

Siggie
9th Oct 2010, 00:01
You'll have to be quick parking them if you want us to clear the route for you, we may not be around for much longer.:sad:

Geehovah
9th Oct 2010, 07:03
Geehova - you slept sleep peaceably in your bed at night only because rough men stood ready to do violence on your behalf http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Funny but I never used to sleep well on QRA either in Germany UK or the Falklands. And that 12 hour on 12 hour off in the Balkans CAOC was always a challenge. Must admit though, I did have a few rough men ready to do my bidding during that detachment!

ShyTorque
9th Oct 2010, 09:48
Stones. Glass houses.

If you say so...

.....but I passed my aptitude tests in 1974. :p

Pontius Navigator
9th Oct 2010, 11:52
[I]admit though, I did have a few rough men ready to do my bidding

Naughty, naughty, keep it clean :)

Geehovah
10th Oct 2010, 07:10
Naughty, naughty, keep it clean :)

:) I guess some people just don't recognise good old aircrew sarcasm in my original remark:) Wish I had a £ for every 24 hour shift I pulled over the years

Pontius Navigator
10th Oct 2010, 07:20
GH, it was too good to miss - old aircrew banter too
:E

Molemot
10th Oct 2010, 08:26
EDIT: Forgot to add that it was good to see the old Few Good Men quote come out. The irony is that those that quote it never realise that the point of the film is that the guy that says it is absolutely wrong.

Film? I've seen the quote attributed to Churchill...

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill (miscellaneous quotation, no date)"

Or Eric Blair... or even Kipling....