PDA

View Full Version : New factorised training hours for the IR

Intrepidaviator
8th Oct 2010, 16:18
I've heard that EASA have brought in new requirements that hours spent training for an IR have to be factorised to give a true representation of hours spent on instruments in flight.

Does this mean that you have additional training to the 50 hours (CPL issued) or does it mean the course is restructured to suit the new requirements?

If it is factored into the 50 hours does if mean you do longer training sessions to give a true representation?

If additional training is required does it mean in the sim or in the aircraft?

Is this just a recommendation or a requirement for a training organisation to be compliant with?

If it is a requirement, does it make an IR issued by a non compliant training organisation invalid or is it something that will have a transition period before coming the new standard? (I assume the CAA would only issue a valid IR licence).

I'm contemplating starting my IR with so i want to have the heads up before making some solid enquiries.

We all know what a potential minefield flight training can be so any links/experince/knowledge to find out more information would be appreciated.

bfisk
8th Oct 2010, 16:53
Well the EASA FCL is not in effect yet is it? I haven't heard anything about changes like this to JAR FCL :confused:

2 Whites 2 Reds
8th Oct 2010, 17:27
We had something from the CAA come through at work a few weeks back regarding certain flight school's (memo hinted at Integrated FTO's)allowing students to log an IR training flight all as Intrument time from chocks to chocks ie including taxi time!!! :=

BigGrecian
8th Oct 2010, 19:41
TrainingComm 2/2010 refers:
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/srg_lts_TRAININGCOM_nstrumentTrainingTime-Revised_2-2010.pdf

Intrepidaviator
8th Oct 2010, 20:27
Thanks BigGrecian, that's just what i'm looking for.:ok: