Dear MAC users,

Does Pelesys work on MAC?

Any other issues with the FOIP?

THNKX...

Rgds

MAC-less

Mister Doomadgee
7th Oct 2010, 12:45
Not sure whether Pelesys works or not on a Mac. But what I can recommend is that you can partition off a certain amount of your Mac hard drive and operate Windows via Boot Camp. Beware though, this is the only means by which you can get a virus in a Mac, so I use it only when I absolutely have to for example for things like Salik, TRIPS, etc. Anyway I think you'll find that after you use Mac OS you won't want to mess around with Windows anymore. I hope this helps.

Once you go Mac you'll never go back

halas
7th Oct 2010, 17:53
Download Firefox for Mac and many sites including the FOIP are quicker to download and easier to use, in my experience.
Pelysys works, but you will have to download citrix client (on the FOIP) for trips APOLLO etc. Don't know why. Sent many an email as to why they don't open it up to other browsers.
Don't use bootcamp even though l have XP in there.

Good luck.

halas

maddog62
7th Oct 2010, 20:51
i don't understand why people use firefox or google chrome on a mac.
safari works very well for foip, pelesys and trips.
you'll need windows for salik and some hr links like visa services etc.
for those rare cases i kept my old hp laptop rather than contaminating my macs with windows:yuk:

mad

halas
8th Oct 2010, 05:05
As l said, in my experience Firefox is more stable on certain sites. The local bank l use is a classic. Can't open any page after the home page on Safari, yet on FF, no worries.
I think it's a Jingly thing.
As an aside; Took my kids PC to the repair house (again!) and they had put one of those white apple stickers on the side, to which the repairer said they don't work on Mac, even though it had DELL all over it. This after four days in the shop!

halas

Thridle Op Des
8th Oct 2010, 05:07
As maddog says, Safari works very well for the FOIP, you just need to bear in mind a couple of things; Safari needs to be run in 32bit mode, not the natural 64bit (EGIT is very old fashioned) To change the mode, control click on the Safari program in Finder-Applications and tick the 32bit mode. The other thing, all the .pdf files such as the forms on OLGS need to be run in Acrobat 8, not Acrobat 9 (see previous reference EGIT). Look around the internet and you will find the proper version. Ensure Safari is configured to use version 8 in Acrobat preferences and all is well.

Part of the problem in the future is a major 'upgrade' of all the airboos manuals to a PC based OIS which is used on the A380. I am not sure if there will be any attempt to ensure that there is a Mac version without having to install a XP VM.

In regards to viruses on a XP VM, EK supply a free Macafee virus checker to all all employees.

Dune
8th Oct 2010, 16:29
Not sure why I'm unable to get into trips........here is the message I get when I sign in:

"This Application is only supported with IE 5.5 and 6.0.
Your Browser Type is Netscape and Version Number is 5.
To upgrade your browser to IE 5.5 or 6.0, please click here".

Any thoughts?

FYI using Safari 5.0.1 (latest version) on MacBook Pro

STD
8th Oct 2010, 17:55
Thanks a lot guys!

Can't wait for my next ULR to get my hands on one of those machines!! :ok:

Just got the last Question. The crew CD works? Because I only see "Compatible with Windows OS" on the cover...

maddog62
8th Oct 2010, 18:22
The crew CD works?

yes it does, but no auto-run.
you'll have to open the disk and again open the index file with safari or ff if you prefer...:ok:

maddog62
8th Oct 2010, 18:30
Not sure why I'm unable to get into trips

did you try: main menu->citrix help?

Flyer1015
8th Oct 2010, 19:48
and I thought this thread might have been about religion. LOL

maddog62
8th Oct 2010, 20:32
It is.

so true:8

mad

oz in dxb
9th Oct 2010, 02:03
Dune, to answer your question you need to download Citrix for Mac. Go to Citrix access on the FOIP. Once you have downloaded Citrix for Mac, you can only access trips and Flight Status throught Citrix Access.

You will be directed to the "old" Groupworld for Trips and Flight Status and Prediction.

Oz

acegreaser
9th Oct 2010, 17:46
It all began with an iPhone...
March was when my son celebrated his 15th birthday, and I got him an iPhone.
He just loved it. Who wouldn't?

I celebrated my birthday in July, and my wife made me very happy when
she bought me an iPad.

My daughter's birthday was in August so I got her an iPod Touch.

September came by so for her birthday i got my wife an iRon.

It was around then that the fight started......

donpizmeov
10th Oct 2010, 08:27
So to cut a long story short, if you buy a MAC you can tweak it and download some extra stuff onto it...to make it work like a PC?

Why bother?

The Don

maddog62
10th Oct 2010, 10:25
Why bother?

I pity the fool...:ugh:

mad

Mister Doomadgee
10th Oct 2010, 17:32
Maddog, how do I get Trips to run? I have never had any luck on my Mac with it and believe me, I would never use Bootcamp other than I (though) had to :ugh:

Your advice would be highly appreciated :ok:

maddog62
11th Oct 2010, 05:56
even better than the citrix client, if you follow this link ies4osx: Run Internet Explorer 5/6/7 Natively in OS X | MacApper (http://macapper.com/2007/11/29/ies4osx-run-internet-explorer-567-natively-in-os-x/) you'll be able to run internet explorer on your mac and access trips via the emiratesstaff website.
much better trips than the citrix one (old).

mad