PDA

View Full Version : Hey'all, Chase the rabbit program in Iceland?

kcgranz
6th Oct 2010, 22:50
I am not sure if this is the right/correct forum to ask for information about this but if some/any of you do know more about this company here:

E.C.A. Program LTD - SU 27SKM (http://www.eca-program.com/)

All information that you have could be helpful for me.

I am a local here in Iceland and work at the airport. When the USN was here and USAF I have worked both at the cable crew for the fighter jets as well as an Airport Firefighter at the NASKEF airport. Can reply more information about me and the airfield if needed. Also do understand if you feel like this is not the correct forum for me to ask.

Reasons for me choosing this category is that icelandic media and company representative have told us that the Sikorsky jets will only be used as "rabbits" for air-to-air combat training.

So . . .
Do you know if this company is legit?, where are those jets located now? and what is there registration nr?
Have any military offices made contracts with them in regards of leasing/renting a "rabbit" to chase?
What is the maintenance need for them? 1 hr pr flight hr?
Someone told me that the company base is in Sweden? could anyone out there verify this for me?

Hope you can answer some of these questions for me because there are a few more that I might have.

Have a nice one,
Kristján (kcgranz)
Flickr: kcg_ice's Photostream (http://flickr.com/photos/granz)

iccarus
7th Oct 2010, 08:55
Good evening Iccarus,

E.C.A. has suffered default from a very important military customer. This has severely impacted the company's ability to generate the necessary cash to conclude the project in its current form.

As such, I have no choice but to postpone any further activity until some fresh money can be injected into the project, this includes the hiring and training of pilots.
I wish to thank you for your intrest in this venture and promise to keep you informed should the situation evolve. For now, the timing just played against us, the products were ready before the customers were and the financial market downturn did the rest.

:sad:

Damn....Tom and Dick have been discovered..........now everything's on Harry......

kcgranz
24th Oct 2010, 19:13
Anyone have more information about this company for me?

Recently I heard a rumour that the CEO of the company is forbidden to own and/or control any company in France?

Also I heard that if this adventure (to lease out "rabbits" for fighter jet training missions) is going to become reality here in Iceland they have to have permission from NATO?

If anyone out there has information for me, either on or off the record, please contact me through messages here.