PDA

View Full Version : Pensions For Widows And Orphans Of Soldiers Kia

foldingwings
4th Oct 2010, 10:30
Get signing, folks!

Rank and Pension of Soldiers Killed on Active Service | Petition of Soldiers Pensions (http://soldiers-pensions.co.uk/?q=petition)

PLEASE can you all sign this petition for soldiers pensions at the above link and pass on to all of your friends and families. Sgt Matty Telford was killed 3rd Nov 2009 by a rogue Afghan Policeman.

You will remember him from the news as 'Sergeant' Matty Telford, but the Army give his children his pension at Corporal rate because he was a sergeant for less than one year. The unfairness of this is that he was promoted so he could do a particular job in Afghan and, had he not been promoted, he would have been doing a different job and may have been with us today. After this petition was started it came to light that this is happening to a lot of our heroes' families.

Foldie

PS. My apologies if this has already done the rounds (been relaxing on a week's golfing break)!

Madbob
4th Oct 2010, 11:27
Foldie

Thanks for flagging up the EDM. One more signature added.

MB

sycamore
4th Oct 2010, 13:03
And another...bloody cheapskates !

air pig
4th Oct 2010, 16:26
Signed!!

Air pig

Canadian Break
4th Oct 2010, 16:56
And another!

Airborne Aircrew
4th Oct 2010, 17:25
Signed and posted to RockNet...

Jumping_Jack
4th Oct 2010, 17:30
Done.....seems only fair to me!

Talk Reaction
4th Oct 2010, 18:58
Minimum time to serve in new rank to qualify for pension rights - ok, reasonable.
Not serving that period due to making the ultimate sacrifice - typical of the idiots who make/apply the rules. This and many other soldiers, sailors and airmans' loved ones should be able to argue for the rank they would have made after a long and happy career! :mad:

MightyGem
4th Oct 2010, 21:47
Ditto, and signed.

JG54
4th Oct 2010, 22:54
Signed.

Wicked, wicked (original meaning) b@stards....

Regards,
Frank

Dan Winterland
5th Oct 2010, 02:02
This made me very angry - I'm in danger of becoming a grumpy old man. I'm sure the Captain Darling REMF who made this decision has operational danger to himself - except for a particularly nasty paper cut.

Signed.

Mickj3
5th Oct 2010, 06:00
Signed with pleasure

top_cover
5th Oct 2010, 07:43
Done,
Another way of showing how our lords and masters really don't value the sacrifice made by our troops, and where are the Army Families Federation? are they fighting the good fight for him?

Stretch182
5th Oct 2010, 20:25
Signed and forwarded

althenick
5th Oct 2010, 23:04
WMP Signed - also echo TR's Thoughts on this :ok:

foldingwings
7th Oct 2010, 15:46
Only 776 viewings and pushed to Page 2, so back to the top 'pour encouragez les autres!'

Foldie

Molemot
7th Oct 2010, 16:56
Just seen this...exactly what one would expect. Petition duly signed...