PDA

View Full Version : easyjet technical problems

stripakis
2nd Oct 2010, 19:18
Does anybody know what happened to easyjet G-TTOJ out of LGW to CFU on September 19th, flight no. 8759. We left late with a non-working APU and after 30 minutes flight turned back for LGW. Pilot said after ladning 'this plane is dead'.

Also, does anybody know what happened to easyjet G-EZTJ out of CFU to LGW on September 29th, flight no. 8752, delayed departure approx. 21 hours (had time to swim as a result and have a good ouzo)? They had to bring technician from Bournemouth to fix whatever it was.

I was on both of them and was told by easyjet staff while waiting at Gatwick in the first case that the delay in landing following the emergency was due to the aircraft damping fuel!!! I am unaware of any A320s that can dump fuel. If I am wrong I stand to be corrected.

easyflyer83
2nd Oct 2010, 19:38
Absolutely, I don't think the Airbus can but the person who you had correspondence with was probably not technically "in the know" and in actual fact I dare say the delay in landing was in order to burn some fuel so that the a/c was light enough to land. Almost correct I suppose.

massiveheed
2nd Oct 2010, 19:39
You cannot dump fuel on a 320. If you can I have been flying them for years and missed this fact. TTOJ or "oh Jesus " as it is affectionately known has had a defective apu for a while but it's off to the lessors in a matter of days/ weeks. As for the return to land not sure what happened there.

stripakis
3rd Oct 2010, 10:40
Thanks for your responses. This thread was moved to SLF and as a result is hardly seen by anybody that could answer the technical questions.

Could the moderator move it to a more appropriate section please?