PDA

View Full Version : Modular Training at Oxford

DelhiBound
29th Sep 2010, 19:23
Hi,
Having been reading PPRUNE for some time now to help me make an informed decision about flight training, as well as using the time wisely to save a sizeable amount of money to pay for such, i have taken the jump and decided to begin my training in the new year.
My class 1 medical is booked for the first week of October, and passing this successfully will open the gates to selecting a school and a course to begin such a journey.
I have toyed with the idea of training at OAA on an integrated course, but after many a conversation with pilots currently employed by airlines: regionals, charters and scheduled, I believe that going down the modular route is not a bad option.

So my question/s here is simply, is there any one out there who has completed their modular tarining at OAA, what was the final costing of such an excercise, would they recommend such a FTO, where did they do their PPL/Hour Building (ideally looking for a US based recommendation here, as OAA does not offer PPL's), and would they have taken another route/selected another school?

Also, in any one else's opinion, what other FTO's out there provide excellent modular courses?

I am 40 years old now, and although i am not letting the age subject become an issue, I am aware that i need to get the training done and out of the way as quickly as possible, and preferably with one training establishment, to provide a continous path, as opposed to jumping from one school to another.

Your thoughts/feedback/suggestions, as well as direction to other links will be appreciated.

Jerry Lee
30th Sep 2010, 18:37
I have the same questions as I have put away the idea to choice the integrated course.

w2k24
30th Sep 2010, 22:43
I'm sorry but I also have the same interest and considerations.
Would appreciate the advice.