PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Funding

Boeing Cloud Surfer
29th Sep 2010, 02:20
Things dont always go to plan as im learning, ATPL course started with BCFT passed all ground exams, was securing a loan with a major bank until at the last minute they turn around and say no!

You may think I am mad training in this present climate, but there is a possibility of securing a job after my training is finished, be it I need to get it on writing and it maybe abroad.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fund such a course further?

Having spoke to all of the major lenders not even a job offer/Security/future earnings play any effect.. all are just not interested.

Short of my parents remortgaging there house (which is not an option btw) I cant see a way out of this. Back to saving again I suppose :ooh:

Anyone else in the same boat as well?

Van Gough
29th Sep 2010, 04:38
You may think I am mad training in this present climateYes I do my friend. If I where you I would consider it a blessing in disguise (hard I know)

but there is a possibility of securing a job after my training is finishedThere is always a chance - maybe 1 in 50000

Having spoke to all of the major lenders not even a job offer/Security/future earnings play any effect.. all are just not interested.Like I said it is a blessing in disguise. There are record numbers of unemployed pilots all around the world. Whilst it may be hard you should seriously consider a different career path before it is too late and find yourself with a huge debt and no flying job. I've lost count of the number of people I know in exactly that situation. Just get a PPL - its much more enjoyable

;)