PDA

View Full Version : Any Aussie MIT graduates around?

TSIO540
29th Sep 2010, 01:56
I'm interested in having a crack at post-grad study at Massachussets Institute of Tech (MIT) in the Aero-Astro field. Are any Aussie MIT graduates around willing to answer a few Q's about it??

Thanks,
TSIO540

troppo
29th Sep 2010, 04:01
you might have to lower the bar and be more realistic. Suggest you change thread title to Any Aussie School Graduates Around? You might have to lower it even further to...did any Aussies actually go to school?:E

lk978
29th Sep 2010, 04:37
I have done a couple subjects out of a similar courses at another top US college and you would want to have and undergrad/masters in physics or high level engineering to have a real crack.

Grad schools in the US are very tough (esp. MIT) and are were the top students go to after they HD there undergrad, it's not the same as here in Aus where a masters can be easy enough with relevent work experience.

If you do get through it you will have several jobs waiting for you at the end.

neville_nobody
29th Sep 2010, 10:24
I have done a couple subjects out of a similar courses at another top US college and you would want to have and undergrad/masters in physics or high level engineering to have a real crack.

Grad schools in the US are very tough (esp. MIT) and are were the top students go to after they HD there undergrad, it's not the same as here in Aus where a masters can be easy enough with relevent work experience.

For someone who has supposedly passed post graduate subjects at some Ivy League school, your spelling, grammar and English comprehension is abysmal.

There are not going to be to many MIT alumni working as pilots in Australia, why don't you try asking the engineering department at uni??

By the way MIT is VERY expensive too!!

LeadSled
29th Sep 2010, 15:26
Nev,
Fair suck of the sav, he's writing in US/coloquial English, not standard.
If he is a BEng, he's actually quite literate --- all things are relative.

Tootle pip!!

PS: Rudd the Dudd was wrong, it's not "Fair suck of the sauce bottle", it "Fair suck of the savoloi", for those of you old enough to remember Roy Rene "Mo".

PLovett
30th Sep 2010, 04:02
He is not a pilot but could give lessons in aerodynamics to many who are:

John Bertrand has, I think, a Masters Degree from MIT. His topic was the aerodynamics of 12 metre yacht class sails.

He can be contacted through the Sport Australia Hall of Fame in Melbourne.