PDA

View Full Version : B737 Flap Extension Schedule Variations

ImbracableCrunk
28th Sep 2010, 22:31
I've flown Classics and NGs at two different airlines now, and I've noticed that one of the interesting differences is the Flap Extension Schedule.

For instance: At my latest airline, some CAs look at me like I have 2 heads if I want F10 on the G/S. I like to use F10 sometimes since in some conditions, when F5 won't hold the speed on the G/S and I'm too far out to go to F15/GearDn.

At my old airline, they used F25 at one dot below G/S. New Airline skips F25.

A friend said he missed using F2. I've never even set or commanded F2.

Boeing FCTM is 1-5-15-30/40. How does your airline do it?

Maurice Chavez
29th Sep 2010, 06:28
Boeing FCTM is 1-5-15-30/40. How does your airline do it?As per Boeing.....:)

BOAC
29th Sep 2010, 07:19
IC - F10 is a perfectly normal selection and is particularly useful if making an approach to circle where you don't want to drag the gear down the slope and around the pattern.

HOWEVER if your CA's are not 'easy' with it there is one obvious solution and several other more involved ones..

I once flew with a CA (who was ex 727) and he alone liked to use F2. When I queried the manoeuvre margins etc with training I was told to use the F1 figures if CA Blogs insisted on using it (and they would have a 'quiet' word:)).

b744FPEK
30th Sep 2010, 04:15
my company .737ng.1/5/gear down ,15/ 30.and if use flap 40,transition with 25 before 40.
and how we choose between 30 and 40 is usually based on how the Vref IS .
it Vref>140 ,then 40.
i agree with you about F10 ,if you need to slow down but quite far away and do not extend the gear.but the truth is ,so far i havent seen any captains use F10.even though its recomanded to do so in the training manuel.
and i did it a lot on 744.but still .some of the captains would not allow me to .cuz its not in the standard procedure.

A37575
30th Sep 2010, 12:51
some CAs look at me like I have 2 heads if I want F10 on the G/Sbut still .some of the captains would not allow me to .cuz its not in the standard procedure.

Probably the same type of idiot pedants that insist you have both elbow rests down whether it makes you uncomfortable or not. Do you know, I look back at my old RAAF days flying aircraft a damn sight more difficult to fly than the automated contraptions flying now and I never struck the check captains (equivalent and called QFI's) that plague the flight decks now with their personal bloody opinions and personal interpretations of the most inconsequential piddling little issues:mad:.