PDA

View Full Version : Unemployed Helicopter Pilots

Alexanderthegreat
27th Sep 2010, 09:05
Out of interest, how many of you on here are without a position?, whether you are a low time CPL, FI or experienced Commercial Pilot. Myself a low time CPL/FI. cheers . Alex.

SASless
27th Sep 2010, 12:32
Position?

Have always had a position....usually well right of Attila the Hun!

Earl of Rochester
27th Sep 2010, 13:05
- ATG

It might be hard to coax Rotorheads to admit their unemployed status - it can be a sensitive subject!

Perhaps an idea would be to propose suggestions for unemployed pilots or to invite such suggestions?

Rgds

Earl

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/e/0/3/7/11971228763200152FunDraw_dot_com_Pipe_Smoking_Man.svg.thumb. png

Hummingfrog
27th Sep 2010, 15:09
Hi

Unemployed with 10000+hrs Wessex/Seaking/SuperPuma/365N/N2 ATPL(H)/IR 18yrs RAF and 20yrs offshore N Sea experience. 58yrs old - nobody is beating a path to my door - but then I am very choosy;)

Times are hard in the N Sea at the moment but it can change very quickly. If you have all the ticks in the right boxes - i.e the company only has to type rate you then you may stand a chance if you are available at a few days notice - if you don't tick all the boxes or need to give notice then you don't.

HF

Epiphany
27th Sep 2010, 15:35
I'd keep quiet about the RAF time Hummingfrog - perhaps that is the problem?;)

Hummingfrog
27th Sep 2010, 16:44
Epiphany

Can't be that - RAF mafia helped me get my first job in the N Sea - now if I had been a Fishead/Pongo it may have been different:E

HF

g-mady
27th Sep 2010, 17:46
I'd keep quiet about the RAF time Hummingfrog - perhaps that is the problem?

Id keep quiet about the 58yrs old!

Running for cover now sir!!!!!!! :eek:

MADY

Power Up
27th Sep 2010, 17:49
Another one here.

200hr CPL, borderline bankrupt, no cash to progress even for FI.......
Couple of close ones, then the insurance door slams.

Hummingfrog
27th Sep 2010, 22:52
Hi Irishhelipilot

How is life with the rotters who didn't want me:{:{:{;). I still have that pic of you and your patent eye shade.

Tried getting unemployment benefit - or as they now call it jobseekers allowance - they said I was too rich:E. Next try is disability benefit as quite a few people say I am mad and I still have the walking stick from when I broke my leg.

Well got to go as wife says champagne is getting warm.

Hope to see you on 31st Oct at CHC closing down sale!

HF

Epiphany
28th Sep 2010, 07:21
Hummingfrog,

Try Bristow International. Although you might be too young. :O

tony 1969
30th Sep 2010, 10:26
Yep,
well unemployed 1600 hr FI :ugh:

mic310
30th Sep 2010, 10:36
Guy's and Girl's if you have the right to work in Australia. There always seem to be jobs popping up each week, generally looking pilots with sound experience levels. The AFAP( Air Federation of Air Pilot's) I think!!!!!! website is were you should look.:ok:Licence conversion needs to be done to me thinking. The jobs are there
www.afap.org.au

pd2
30th Sep 2010, 11:42
Mic310...

Are you serious... What are you smoking.

So the AFAP places maybe one or two advertisments a week (sometimes none) for helicopter pilots... and you make it out as if Australia is the land of milk and honey for helicopter jobs.

I suppose "screw the currently unemployed pilots here" is ok for you.

Please let us in on the secret of where all these jobs are...